• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Speed Equalized] Light Yagami vs Saitama

Honestly agreeing. It's too much of a stomp on both ends anyway and is too confusing. Either Saitama or Light stomps because even if speed is equalized, in an actual battle Light would tire out faster, or be hit by an area of effect attack.

On the other hand the moment we get Saitama's name for whatever reason, then Light just wins in 40 seconds assuming the Death Note affects him, which is highly likely, unless there's some bullshit effect from that training too.

Because at this point the match ends up with an absolute guarantee that Light can write down Saitama's name no matter what, while Saitama has no clue of what's about to happen. It's basically allowing a massively physically stronger character do nothing while the other character filled with haxx is allowed to kill them with no problem. I mean, the haxx guy will always win if that's the case because the other character isn't even doing anything to fight. : /

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Honestly agreeing. It's too much of a stomp on both ends anyway and is too confusing. Either Saitama or Light stomps because even if speed is equalized, in an actual battle Light would tire out faster, or be hit by an area of effect attack.
On the other hand the moment we get Saitama's name for whatever reason, then Light just wins in 40 seconds assuming the Death Note affects him, which is highly likely, unless there's some bullshit effect from that training too.

Because at this point the match ends up with an absolute guarantee that Light can write down Saitama's name no matter what, while Saitama has no clue of what's about to happen. It's basically allowing a massively physically stronger character do nothing while the other character filled with haxx is allowed to kill them with no problem. I mean, the haxx guy will always win if that's the case because the other character isn't even doing anything to fight. : /
I'd argue that since this IS meant to be a fight I, assuming Saitama atleast KNOWS hes in a fight with Light, and well ATLEAST knock him out, and if going to kill even if not bloodlusted will hit with an AoE attack via shockwaves.

But that's exactly the point Aqua. It's a stomp on either side. Light needs time to beat Saitama, Saitama needs to know Light is the enemy to win. And you can't have both at the same time.

Unless Light is bloodlusted he's not going to use shinigami eyes, he never took the deal in the show since he always saw it as too big a cost for not enough of a payoff. As has already been noted Saitama also isn't in the habit of giving out his name even when asked. Saitama has a range advantage in this as well which certainly isn't going to do Light any favors. Without prior knowledge I don't see Light winning this.

I'd give this match to Saitama.

is that 5 Inconclusive votes? (Core changed from Saitama IIRC and Der changed from Light), as well as a Saitama vote from Coho.

And yeah... in retrospect I didn't really give much details, but I was being cautious as to prevent the match being a stomp in either side, there's definitely a lot of possible factors regarding this fight, and I'm not sure of the ideal battleground and conditions for the most balanced fight, as there are too many possibilities I'll have to work through.

With the isolated case of both knowing who to kill, but are randomly put into a city where Saitama attempts to look for Light, and Light tries to get Saitama's name, to be fair I think Light could easily cloak within the city, perhaps never finding Saitama's name. Inconclusive IMO.

I'm also going for inconclusive.

Light could win if he bought Shinigami eyes, but it's a weird deal since if he was going to be killed by Saitama in the first place, it actually means that Saitama could die but Light would still be killed by something else. Match ends with both of them dead.

Alright, I guess one of us can add this match as inconclusive then? (And I suppose Lina is changing his vote from Light to Inconclusive?)

Hey uh, the character profiles weren't updated for their 'Inconclusive Matches' sections. Anyone wanna do that?

Back