• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalization Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone that have per example supersonic speed but have an special atk that transcend space/time/speed/dexterity will the special atk get equalized? Because if yes doesn't let it be the atk useless?

Weapons and attacks that have an independent speed, like no matter the condition of the user, it keeps the speed constant, shouldn't have its speed equalized. Doesn't mean the target can't outspeeds the attacker's aim.

Weapons and attacks that have an independent speed, like no matter the condition of the user, it keeps the speed constant, shouldn't have its speed equalized. Doesn't mean the target can't outspeeds the attacker's aim.
I agree with this

Has the debate of Immeasurable speed > Passives been resolved? Because if lets say speed is equalized Character Y has Immeasurable speed, and then Character X is only Sub-Rel at his best. If both characters are equalized to immeasurable. would passives just stop working?

Idk if there is a rule about where the equalized speed goes to either, or at least i didn't see one. Does it go to the slower character so both characters are now Sub-Rel, or does it go to the faster character?

The four questions i have here with speed equalized

1. Does immeasurable speed make it where you are so fast you are unaffected by passive hax?

2. If speed equalized goes to the slower character. Does that mean passive hax can work on the immeasurable speed guy?

3. If speed equalized goes to the immeasurable speed guy. Does that mean passives are useless as both will be too fast for passive hax to work? What about the sub-rel character who has no feats of his hax affecting immeasurable speed characters?

This is something i just now thought of with speed equalized.

Edit: Going along with what your saying if you get what i mean by this statement.
So, any other doubt about speed equalization? Any addition to be made?
I could be blind because it's been a while since I read this thread, but I had these questions related to speed equalized with immeasurable speed.

Since immeasurable generally its an state of being (like, a 5D being or so), don't think it can be equalized.

In change, if someone gains immeasurable due some dimension shifting, then you it either qualify as "independent speeds aren't equalized", or you change the battle field.

Can't say much about the equalization of immeasurable honestly, the rating by itself already have little sense, and is hardly used in the same way in through fiction (at least combat wise).

If we assume infinite speed people can move in time stops with speed equal (Yuri is against this though and we have no standard on this, everyone just assumes this is the case) then immeasurables should probably lolnope passives.

Since characters are reduced to the speed of the slower one, then the benefits of infenite speed are no more (unless of course, it's an infinite speed amp).

Making it so they can still move in time stops is more as to not restrict their abilities. But you have a point, if you want to be completely consistent then they wouldn’t be able to move inside a time stop.

Last edited:
Since characters are reduced to the speed of the slower one, then the benefits of infenite speed are no more (unless of course, it's an infinite speed amp).
Ah so speed equalization goes to the slower character? In the case of immeasurable speed vs finite speed in equalization. This would negate immeasurable speed bypassing passive hax. Which that would answer all my questions lol

Ok, so, another question, what about items that are remotely guided? Such as Hol Horse's Stand or MCU Yondu's arrow? They're faster than them, but they're directly controlled.

I think those should count as "attacks" and be relative.

Ah so speed equalization goes to the slower character? In the case of immeasurable speed vs finite speed in equalization. This would negate immeasurable speed bypassing passive hax. Which that would answer all my questions lol
I seriously disagree that characters should have their passives and such nulled because of speed equalization, for the same reason we don't restrict the naturally faster character's speed amp from letting them blitz. It's blatantly unfair, and afaik, we don't do that for that exact reason.

I think those should count as "attacks" and be relative.

I seriously disagree that characters should have their passives and such nulled because of speed equalization, for the same reason we don't restrict the naturally faster character's speed amp from letting them blitz. It's blatantly unfair, and afaik, we don't do that for that exact reason.
There's a big assumption that started recent on verus battles on the wiki.

Immeasurable speed > passive abilities

The reasoning is like this

Passive hax = instant/Infinite speed

Immeasurable speed is > Infinite speed

Therefore attack before the hax goes off.

if speed equalization goes to the slower character, then this shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
What you said is correct, just not in speed equalized. Is the same reason why an immeasurable speed being can dodge temporal omnipresent attacks, or at least attack before the temporal omnipresent being does.

Question, I could be blind, but is there a note stating that speed equalization goes to the slowest character anywhere?

There isn't one, which is one of the reason why this thread was made. The generally agreed ideas are
  • Speed is equalized to the slower character
  • Attacks independent of the users speed scale proportionally. A lightning-speed independent attack would retain its speed even if equalized to a lower level. A supersonic character using a gun or bow that's faster than they are will keep its relative greater speed even if moved to a lower level.
  • Amps still apply. So Kaio-Ken x4 Goku would still be 4x their equalized speed.

There isn't one, which is one of the reason why this thread was made. The generally agreed ideas are
  • Speed is equalized to the slower character
  • Attacks independent of the users speed scale proportionally. A lightning-speed independent attack would retain its speed even if equalized to a lower level. A supersonic character using a gun or bow that's faster than they are will keep its relative greater speed even if moved to a lower level.
  • Amps still apply. So Kaio-Ken x4 Goku would still be 4x their equalized speed.
Question on proportionally equalized just to check if i am understanding it correctly.

A character that is MFTL+ in the Octillions in terms of their attack speed is pitted against a character whose fastest attack speed is only super sonic. (Independent attacks like guns and bullets etc randomly example)

The MFTL+ Character would have their attack speed equalized down to the lower upper limit of the slower character's attack speed? OR would their attack speeds remain unchanged?

The MFTL+ Character would have their attack speed equalized down to the lower upper limit of the slower character's attack speed? OR would their attack speeds remain unchanged?
If the MFTL+ character is using a MFTL+ gun that's five times faster than they are, then when equalized down, the gun will remain five times faster than they are. Attacks with a stated and unchanging speed would remain unaffected by equalization. Lightning bolts with stated lightning speed will always be mach 1200, not matter if the character is 12 m/s or 12,000,000,000 m/s.

Isn't this supposed to be a staff only thread?

Yes, but in the staff forum, and regarding a wiki policy issue, which should be decided by the staff.

Either way, as far as I know, non-staff are allowed to discuss and comment as long as we're not being disruptive. I don't believe anyone here has been disruptive, looking back at the thread.

Well, you should technically get permission from some prominent staff member first, but alright then.

If we do a vs in speed equal with a guy that have supersonic speed but immeasurable object (like the low tier umineko with Truth) vs a guy with passive, do the passive will be more quick or the immeasurable object that need to be thought by the supersonic will be more quick ?

If the MFTL+ character is using a MFTL+ gun that's five times faster than they are, then when equalized down, the gun will remain five times faster than they are. Attacks with a stated and unchanging speed would remain unaffected by equalization. Lightning bolts with stated lightning speed will always be mach 1200, not matter if the character is 12 m/s or 12,000,000,000 m/s

I talk more if the immeasurable atk will be able to reach before the passive of the enemy's or the passive will still be quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back