• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space Puppet vs Tree Man

The tree scales way above 2.17 tons as well as easily stomping multiple 8-Cs while The puppet scales to 4.485 tons and other High 8-Cs.

What does the puppet start with?

Since the tree starts out with spam teleportation, plant manipulation and 9-B summons as a distraction.

I would think the person who nominated a character would at least reply to a thread with it. I can't exactly answer what the puppet would start with as I don't know puppet, so I have to evaluate the fight without that information.

9-B summons probably just fall victim to danmaku.
The root shields probably can be circumvented by intangible projectiles.
Should Leshen attack physically it will also get punished by the lightning. Actually, even if it attacks from some distance it probably does, given the range on that.
The present summoning that circle around the puppet, also make it hard for Leshen to teleport behind it and stuff without taking damage.

Put the AP advantage on top of that and I would say the puppet has the better chances.

Thanks for your evaluation, the only I things I can add: the Leshen has a constant flock of birds around it's body that deal constant chip damage if you get too close plus it can project them almost like damaku at it's opponents and it's rage power (which is a x2 multiplier to it's AP, durability and speed).

Tbh now looking at it in hindsight Leshen's profile is a bit dated and is missing a few P&A plus you could argue it should have the P&A of a standard Leshen from The Witcher but I digress.

So from my PoV either the tree slowly wears downs the puppet with it's teleportation, vines and rage power (with it's higher stamina) or the puppet overwhelms the tree with its lightning, meteors and intangible attacks (with it's higher versatility).

All we can do now is wait for the votes (unless others can bring up new arguments).

the Leshen has a constant flock of birds around it's body that deal constant chip damage if you get too close plus it can project them almost like damaku at it's opponents
Wouldn't those almost immediately die due to the lightning, though?

Wouldn't those almost immediately die due to the lightning, though?
True but it can summon more endlessly with a wave of its hand, the only known method to get rid of them is with fire manipulation and even then it only prevents the tree from (briefly) summoning more.

Let’s not forget that constricting opponents with his roots is a common tactic of the leshen. He can restrain and choke multiple 8-C with class 100 lifting strength doing this.

Let’s not forget that constricting opponents with his roots is a common tactic of the leshen. He can restrain and choke multiple 8-C with class 100 lifting strength doing this.
When hit Puppet produces lightning, though, so that lightning would probably burn the roots.

I suppose. Then again, Leshen would probably also be slowed while he focusses on that attack.

Although, can I suggest to have Leshen advance for tournament purposes? All supporters of the puppet and its verse appear to be inactive. With nobody knowledgable arguing for it, it will just always be difficult to conclude matches with it.

...Looks ok, I think... If no one shows up to argue Puppet's favor in this battle in 24 hours, I'll put Leshen straight into the next round...

Back