• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space Marines don't have Type 1 Immortality

I'm calling for the Adeptus Astartes to have their type 1 Immortality removed and replaced with Longevity. I am basing this off of the events of 30K with the Iron Warriors' attempts to purge the Hrud xenos species. The Hrud were capable of accelerating time's effects on people and objects.

This is as bad as you think it was. At one point, a Space Marine opened a crate of replacement parts for his armor that was dated to be only 4 months old and found the parts had been aged to such a degree that they were no long usable. These time distortion effects were even worse on living things. The regular human soldiers who fought with the Iron Warriors were aged into dust. TheIron Warriors themselves were aged to the point that some of them experienced their geneseed and organs failing them. Some also met the fate of the regular humans and turned to dust.

Of particular note, Barbarus Dantioch, a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors, survived this encounter and was aged over 3,000 years. While alive and able to move, he was basically crippled compared to other Space Marines. This all points to the fact that Space Marines are susceptible to the ravages of times and can die to old age. They are simply capable of living for thousands of years.

Agreed. Space Marines are still shown to age, albeit much slower than humans. Eldar age even slower, iirc. I'm fairly certain only the Primarchs stopped aging after a certain point. Custodians might, but I can't recall.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Agreed. Space Marines are still shown to age, albeit much slower than humans. Eldar age even slower, iirc. I'm fairly certain only the Primarchs stopped aging after a certain point. Custodians might, but I can't recall.
The Hrud incident supports that Primarchs don't age. Perturabo was capable of standing within the Hrud distortion field and litteraly stated to have no signs of aging showing on his face. The only thing that did age was his armor which was so well-made and resilient that it withstood the Hrud's powers.

I believe that the Custodians are immortal in their lifespans. That would make sense as their enhancments are done in late infancy and at the mircoscopic and deep cellular level while being tailored to the individual.

Back