• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space and Dimensional Contructs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was searching through some pages and i found something that i didnt understand. Some characters are beyond time and space and are not 1-A. I know there are more requirements, and one of them being above infinite dimensional. But if a character is beyond time and space, shouldnt they technically qualify? Please shed some light kn this.

Being beyond the time and space of a single 4-D universe (for example), is not automatically the same thing as transcending the concepts of time and space altogether.

Being beyond the concepts of space and time may not be enough. It all depends on the size in question and/or the description of the external/formless abstraction.

Slayers has multi-dimensional worlds and an extetnal abstraction yet is still not outerversal. There isn't enough information suggesting the Sea of Chaos is beyond all dimensionality of any complexity, it may just be superior to a certain degree (i.e. conceptually superior to 12-D space-time) 14-D would still be superior by our standards.

Demonbane on the other hand, has all possible embodiments of space and time + external abstraction. It perfectly qualifies as outerversal because there's an infinite-dimensional spacetime + an infinite external world system/abstraction (Yog-Sothoth being a composite of both).

Tenchi Muyo has a 22-dimensional space-time, yet it's external abstraction is beyond all scientific theories, even those regarding higher and lower dimensions. The Chousin's existence cannot be explained, they register as not existing at all.

Masadaverse is a tricky one. It has a single universe in one story, then a multiverse in another, then a single universe again in another and all series have an external abstraction. However, the size of the setting is irrelevant because a Hadou God will fill any sized reality, the source of their power is conceptually superior to the concept of dimensions, space and time, and duality. It also fits nicely at outerversal.

When They Cry has multiple multiverses, multi-dimensional worlds and an external abstraction locked outside all layers - both higher and lower. Therefore the Sea of Fragments is outerversal.)

So in short, to be 1-A, the external abstraction must be conceptually superior to the concepts of space-time/dimensionality of any complexity. "Beyond" isn't enough. A being conceptually superior to the 4-dimensional concepts of space-time could very well simply be 5-dimensional, not outerversal because a 6-D or higher entity still vastly exceeds it.

Allow me to model it another way.

There is a five dimensional multiverse and a being is stated to exist in a void that transcends all concepts of space-time.

Universe - 3 + 1 dimensional space time measurement.

Multiverse - the addition of one dimension allows duplication of the structure any number of times (up to infinity). This is all concepts of space and time.

The Void - absence of any structures within the 5-dimensional axis. It is not even 6-D, but it does lack and may be superior to 5-dimensional concepts of space-time. So the being would be a top tier High 2-A (not 1-A).

Metaphysical also =/= 1-A. Metaphysics is just something supernatural from our point of view, from the point of view of physics, in the same sense that Bleach has metaphysics (all reiryoku and spiritual particles, etc.) in relation to the normal space-time. I hope that clears this up.

I think that Sera explained this in a nice way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back