• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sound file quote addition request thread

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This thread is for requesting that a certain profile quote receives an accompanying sound file (in .ogg format), or that a new file is added to replace an old one. Sound files can be uploaded the same way as images.

Our moderators evaluate what does and does not seem acceptable to add.

Activity can be monitored here.

Rules:
  • The files must be in English. This way we can make sure that the files line up with the quotes, which would be much harder, maybe close to impossible, with other languages.
  • They should not last over a minute, and preferably not exceed 30 seconds.
  • They should contain significant quotes for a specific character, and not related music. Themes can be added as videos in gallery sections.

Here is an example for how you should add sound file to quotes:

1650449992697.png

Last edited:
Sweet. Does anyone have a recommendation for sites good for getting .mp3s from youtube videos?

Thank you for helping out.

Are there any profiles with sound files rn? I don't think I've seen any. I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to put the quote.

I'm trying to add this quote to this character, btw. I tried uploading the sound file to the wiki, but it keeps giving me an error saying that "This file is an ogx", despite the fact it being clearly ogg.

Just because a file is named as ogg does not always mean that it actually uses that format. The Fandom system tends to be sensitive regarding such issues.

Okay. Maybe it is an updated version of the format that Fandom isn't compatible with yet then.

Aaaand It somehow works now. Not sure what's the reason, but it works now.

Also can anyone link me to a profile that has a sound file? I want to know the format for using these.

See here:

Alright thank you! I've added the sound quote to the profile, btw.

I assume I have to post here anytime I want to add a sound quote to the profiles?

Yes. You have to link to both the text quote in the wiki profile page, and the corresponding sound file uploaded to our wiki first.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be the first person requesting a quote here since no one else is doing it yet, but anyways, can I get a sound file of this quote from this character?

Sweet. Does anyone have a recommendation for sites good for getting .mp3s from youtube videos?
You can download YT vids then convert them into oggs.

There are many sites where you can do the former, the site convertio has the latter. Of course, to cut a specific bit of the video where that quote appears, there are also online video cutters.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be the first person requesting a quote here since no one else is doing it yet, but anyways, can I get a sound file of this quote from this character?
Done

I've added this audio file to this character.

BTW, when is a sound file not allowed to be on a profile? I know about obvious stuff like trolling, other languages, etc... but is there anything else? Like if a character has vulgar language and other stuff, I suppose I'm not allowed to use it?

Gabriel seems pretty wild..also his profile seems to be lacking a lot, not scans, no references and no blogs.

Yeah, it's not a good profile, but that's not really related

Yeah, anyway, I guess stuff can be let one as long as one doesn't go into hardcore and great explain such themes on their quote.

We tend to keep it pretty formal and some of the more vulgar quotes for characters have been deleted, so I imagine no sound files for those.
That is correct, yes. Several wrongs do not make a right, and we should preferably avoid very graphic content unless there really is no better/more distinctive quote available.

The quote for Gabriel should probably be replaced, and the page should possibly be deleted.

Aside from specific examples, surely it's not going to hurt anyone if a "****" makes into a quote.

Aside from specific examples, surely it's not going to hurt anyone if a "****" makes into a quote.
Probably not, but we need to keep things at least reasonably family-friendly.

Back