• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Manipulation for Gogeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrixianXD

University Enthusiast
Any/All
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Translation Helper
As you can see, Gogeta presumably used Soul Punisher on Broly which should give him Soul Manipulation.

Do we have proof if it being a soul destruction attack other than just a name? I know Toei verse or Xeno versions might have, but I don't think Super Broly movie did iirc.

Not sure tbh

Soul Punisher when we first see it destroys evil souls. That's it's purpose.
This Broly isn't evil tho.

Could mean 2 things.

1. It doesn't have the same effect as the original ( even tho it has the same name and appearance)
2. It has the same effect but Broly isn't evil so it doesn't destroy him like the original.

It likely works the same way, just like how Toei Goku's Kamehameha works exactly the same way as DBS Goku's Kamehameha, only on a different power level.

Personally I agree on Limited Soul Manipulation.

Thats just a movie reference.
Unless there's some guidbook or statements that state its Soul Manipulation you can't apply it.

We can't really use non-canon things and apply them to canon as is. Especially when there's no proof to it being soul manip.

Disagree as well

Unless we're told that soul punisher has the same affect as the movie one, I don't see why we would assume it has.

The Soul Punisher in the movies is definitely soul manip / EE too, it was stated in multiple official source and guides IIRC.

I also disagree. The attack Gogeta used against Janemba and the attack Gogeta used against Broly are only the same in name and in appearance. In Super: Broly, the Stardust Breaker is shown to be like any other energy blast Gogeta uses, just colored funny.

This is looking like a strong consensus, so if there isn't anything new put forward in favor of it by tomorrow I think the CRT has been rejected.

Yeah, I also think this is concluded as OP has been rejected.

I'm gonna half to disagree as well although it doesn't seem necessary given this already seem concluded.

Lol why would we assume it has different functions?

Has there ever been an attack that was shown in canon or non canon with different functions than their counter parts????

You're making a false equivalence. The energy blast in Super: Broly has no special effects and no actual significance, other than being one of the hundreds of energy blasts Gogeta uses in the fight. On top of that, there are no statements of it being the exact same ability, only sharing an appearance and potentially a name with the Stardust Breaker, and there are no feats or statements of it manipulating and/or purifying evil energy and souls like it did in Fusion Reborn.

You're making a false equivalence. The energy blast in Super: Broly has no special effects and no actual significance, other than being one of the hundreds of energy blasts Gogeta uses in the fight. On top of that, there are no statements of it being the exact same ability, only sharing an appearance and potentially a name with the Stardust Breaker, and there are no feats or statements of it manipulating and/or purifying evil energy and souls like it did in Fusion Reborn.
In fusion reborn there was no statements from movie ot guidebook that it can affect souls either. It was only just shown.

The only difference here is that broly is not evil unlike janemba this is confirmed in the movie by goku

the canon and non-canon versions never showed the same properties iirc
You didint understand my point 🤦

Let me rephrase.... was there ever an attack shown in db that was either non canon or canon that made an appearance to their counterpart version with the attack function being different

Do you understand what im saying

Why would we assume it has? Non-canon doesn't count for anything.
For one it makes no sense for the attack to work differently since no offical statement when promoting the movie said it was different or that gogeta was different.

So why would i assume its different when nothing tells me otherwise beside assumptions by fans

You didint understand my point 🤦

Let me rephrase.... was there ever an attack shown in db that was either non canon or canon that made an appearance to their counterpart version with the attack function being different

Do you understand what im saying
In Super: Broly, the energy blast creates an explosion. In Fusion Reborn, the Stardust Breaker doesn't, instead attacking Janemba from the inside.

Anyway, I think this has already been sufficiently addressed. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back