• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't call Sora's Warp ability not being able to effect bosses a game mechanic just to try and act like it has no limit. It's the equivalent of me saying Mario's Starman can one shot anyone because he kills all enemies with it in the games.

This is the most blatant cases of NLF I've every seen, attributing power to a move it has not just never shown, but contradicts in the game.

He would die in one punch before he realizes the battle started. Didn't we establish already that Hulk can one shot?

@Pineapple

It's obvious that Warp only doesn't work on bosses to keep the game balanced and not let you one-shot everything.

Give me a legitimate reason why an existence erasing attack would suddenly fail to work on Maleficent or Larxene.

The Everlasting said:
@Pineapple

It's obvious that Warp only doesn't work on bosses to keep the game balanced and not let you one-shot everything.

Give me a legitimate reason why an existence erasing attack would suddenly fail to work on Maleficent or Larxene.
Even if it is to balance, wouldn't that give them resistance to existence Erasure?

@Gargoyle

No, because it only doesn't work for balancing purposes.

Ardyn doesn't suddenly have resistance to BFR because Alterna doesn't work on him.

The Everlasting said:
@Gargoyle

No, because it only doesn't work for balancing purposes.

Ardyn doesn't suddenly have resistance to BFR because Alterna doesn't work on him.
For the record, Castlevania Characters have immunity to time stop because the bosses need to be balanced, and that's on their profiles.....

Yeah, looks like a CRT needs to be made here.

Changes nothing here if course.

Which he won't, cause Time Stops a thing

Wouldn't have time with the speed gap. He needs to lift the key blade and say the words, after all.

Maybe because it doesn't have the raw power to do it? Ya know, because we only ever see it used on grunts.

Give me a reason why it would work on these bosses besides "mah game mechanics" agrument that is contradicted by the fact that Sora doesn't even try use it on the big bads in the story even when they are heartless.

Also, not familiar with CoM, but couldn't this be some type of BFR? The things called Warp and nothing is left behind. Sorry of this is stupid, the spell description on the wiki is bare bones.

>hax

>raw power

You're doing it wrong.

"Give me a reason why it would work on these bosses besides "mah game mechanics" agrument that is contradicted by the fact that Sora doesn't even try use it on the big bads in the story even when they are heartless."

And you never see Cloud use Death against any major FFVII character, or Noctis just send Ifrit to outside the universe with Alterna.

"Also, not familiar with CoM, but couldn't this be some type of BFR? The things called Warp and nothing is left behind. Sorry of this is stupid, the spell description on the wiki is bare bones."

The description explicitly says it's wiped from existence.

Assuming Speed was equalized, I still think Hulk wins, with reasons I've already stated along with PineappleGuy's explanation.

DMUA said:
Assuming Speed was equalized, I still think Hulk wins, with reasons I've already stated along with PineappleGuy's explanation.
Your reasoning is that youre ignoring any reason as to why Sora would win...

@Pineapple

It's game mechanics It's so you don't completely wipe the game with those two spells

Also Sora doesn't use A LOT in cutscene even basic spells like fire

And like Ever said hax doesn't have to connect with raw power, that's why it's hax

Your reasoning is that youre ignoring any reason as to why Sora would win...

If you say so.

So... is speed going to be equalized? Or will I have to close this.

Either way, it looking like a terrible matchup all things considered.

Reppuzan said:
So... is speed going to be equalized? Or will I have to close this.

Either way, it looking like a terrible matchup all things considered.
Why would speed need to be equalized? They are both listed as +MTFL and seem to be scaled pretty evenly, Sora via KH powered Xemnas and Hulk via Sentry.

@TheDude

MFTL+ is an incredibly wide category.

Sora is scaled to the other Keyblade Wielders for being able to travel between worlds within a relatively short period of time (7000x FTL range)

Hulk is scaled to Thor, who has a 1.67*10^15x FTL feat (Read, 1.67 Quadrillion).

The speed difference is massive.

Either this gets speed equalized or this gets closed (but even then it's likely a hax stomp in Sora's favor if speed is equalized).

Why would speed need to be equalized? They are both listed as +MTFL and seem to be scaled pretty evenly, Sora via KH powered Xemnas and Hulk via Sentry.

You could be 97,000 times faster and you would still be MFTL+

Either Hulk blitzes or Sora haxes and this thread has devolved into a mess, someone should definitely close

Reppuzan said:
@TheDude

MFTL+ is an incredibly wide category.

Sora is scaled to the other Keyblade Wielders for being able to travel between worlds within a relatively short period of time (7000x FTL range)

Hulk is scaled to Thor, who has a 1.67*10^15x FTL feat (Read, 1.67 Quadrillion).

The speed difference is massive.

Either this gets speed equalized or this gets closed (but even then it's likely a hax stomp in Sora's favor if speed is equalized).
O'k, if Hulk speed blitzs then what about Sora's Leaf Bracer and Once More abilities? They prevent him from getting one shotted by combos and singular attacks. Could that allow him to survive Hulk and then hax him?

@TheDude

You do realize that Hulk is over a trillion times faster than Sora, right?

Hulk could punch Sora a million times before the latter could blink.

O'k, I've realised that this fights a stomp in Hulk's favour with speed unequalised and if the speed was equalised it would be a stomp for Sora via hax. With that said, I decided to not equalise speed and to leave this fight as it is, therefore Hulk wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back