• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Mario (Super Mario Galaxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my little sister's favorite characters duke it out in an epic struggle.

Sora TG KH3D
Deep inside, there's a light that never goes out

Fire mario
It's-a-him, Mario.

Current versions of the characters (Mario of course being his SMG/SMG2 version).

Battle takes place in the Keyblade Graveyard *epic music plays*

Both have access to all of their equipment (Mario has all of his power-ups available only in both Super Mario Galaxy games, Sora has all of his keyblades, drive forms, etc. from all the KH games up to Dream Drop Distance). Mario is also assumed to be 4-A (not just "High 4-C, possibly 4-A") Sora is of course 4-B.

Win by K.O

Both are in-character (no bloodlust)

Speed Equalized

Starting distance is 400 ft away

Sora: 5

Mario: 5

Well, both are Massively FTL+, but since Mario is at 4-A here, he has a MASSIVE Attack Potency and Durability advantage. I'm betting Mario.

If Sora's remotely serious about winning he can:

• BFR his targets with Warp
  • Use Stopga (which is magic and therefore part of his standard arsenal without the need for external mediums)
  • Has a habit of copying the powers of whoever he's fighting (i.e. taking Saix's claymores, warping through space to fight Xigbar, and stealing Lexaeus's power ups).
  • Can send most if not all of Mario's attacks right back at him with Reflega.
Sora also cannot be OHKO'd due to Second Chance. Ultimately, Sora is on par or superior to Mario in every category except for raw AP, so he has my vote.

im not voting unless someone is so kind to provide the exact number their MFTL+ rating is.

Code:
@PaChi:
"Additionally, since worlds are separate star systems with their own unique suns, this would likely give each world interstellar distance as opposed to just interplanetary.

Thus, taking the Gummi Ship calc and its timeframe of 130 seconds, and using a distance of 10.5 LY (The distance to the nearest solar system), results in a yield of around 2.5 million times FTL, or Massively FTL+." -Everlasting during when we made another thread that got Kingdom Hearts to 4-B level.

This is how fast the characters are. Though why we never specified this on the profiles, idk. And that's something Everlasting never bothered to want to put it even though doing so actually helps knowing the exact value of MFTL+ for them.

As much as I like Sora, I kinda don't see him winning (aside from the fact that Mario is hundreds of thousands of times faster). Both have timestop. Both are capable of reflection. And Mario needs to tap Sora to win. Second chance should work how we treat all invulnerability feats, in this case, shouldn't survive a hit from Mario that would splatter him against a wall, just like White Tanooki Mario couldn't survive a hit from Goku. Not to mention that if Sora doesn't completely lead with hax, he will likely break his arm, or worse, his keyblade.

400 ft away and hundreds of thousands of times faster? 4-A vs 4-B. Mario stomps.

With equalized speed, Sora haxstomps then since he can stop time or use gravity. But Sora takes a single hit from Mario and he is either KOed (If Second Chance activates) or straight up dead

Mario has the speed advantage and AP, but sora has the hax. So imo im going with Mario as well with speed advantage, AP plus the Rainbow star

@Byakuya profiles are to get familiar with the characters powers, not doing so and voting withouth checking them shouldnt be counted as a legit reason.

and @NAMF Speed was equalized.

With both of them being in character, I would have to give this to Mario. I don't see Sora leading off with HAX or trying to BFR Mario from the onset.

Sora gets near one hit and survives with Second Chance, and immediately goes into full hax mode. And if this is composite Sora, Final Form + Hax Magic leads to a hax stomp of epic proportions.

Cal makes an extremely good point about Second Chance.

With such an enormous difference in power here, it's doubtful that Sora's Second Chance will work when it's never regenerated him from bloody paste.

Going Mario for reasons above, and because his hax allows him to at least contend with Sora's.

With speed equalized, I think Sora gets this for the reasons above, he has way more hax (Time Stop, Gravity Manipulation, Magic, Resistence to Transmutation, Power Nullification, Power Mimicry, Void Manipulation, etc), and even though Mario is more powerful, he can't one-shot him due to Second Chance and Curaga.

Seriously, Mario is complete outhaxxed against someone like Sora. Repp already stated how would be the outcome.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
With speed equalized, I think Sora gets this for the reasons above, he has way more hax (Time Stop, Gravity Manipulation, Magic, Resistence to Transmutation, Power Nullification, Power Mimicry, Void Manipulation, etc), and even though Mario is more powerful, he can't one-shot him due to Second Chance and Curaga.
vote for sora for sure since speed is equalized

I honestly fail to see how Second Chance would kick in. That's way too much. It's like saying invincibility star would work if Mario went up against Odin or something. If Second Chance keeps Sora from getting chunked by Mario, it can easily be extrapolated to say he could Second Chance and Curaga Spam to win against anyone up to tier 2, be it Goku, SA Superman, Seiya. It would be like saying that a Geordie with Sturdy could survive a Galick Gun. Same thing with Reflega.

And the only thing Sora has over Mario is Void. Mario resists gravity and power nullification, has his own time manipulation and transmutation. Magic is elemental in which Mario has too, and you can't exactly mimic someone billions of times stronger than you.

I feel like this should be added as Inconclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back