• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Wokistan said this kinda depends if Shadow has his inhibitor rings on. Sonic has canonically defeated Shadow and in the DS version of Sonic Colours Shadow subtlety admits that Sonic is superior to him when Omega asks him why he sent Sonic to fight Eggman instead of doing so himself.

In terms of Chaos Control Shadow mostly uses it for teleportation, only using time stop twice across the entire series as far as I remember, and as shown in SA2 Sonic is also willing to use Teleportation quite a lot in battle. Sonic also has more Colour Powers than Shadow does along with Transmutation and was able to defeat Ultimate Emerl who IIRC had the combined skilled of several Sonic characters including Shadow. If Shadow keeps his inhibitor rings on I'd say Sonic would take this pretty handily.

If Shadow takes off the rings however things get a bit more tricky. I don't like using " Shadow defeated an small army of Mephiles, who one shot Sonic" as a legit point since he only one shot him by catching him off guard with a sneak attack, plus over the course of 6 months Sonic went from being stomped by Infinite to overpowering him in their second encounter so I'm not entirely sure Shadow would be that much stronger than Sonic if he does take his rings off. Given the vague undefined boost Shadow receives without his inhibitor rings, Sonics boosts in power recently, Sonics likely greater skill and his transmutation which would ignore Shadows amped stats I'd go for Sonic with high diff.

tl;dr

I'm voting for the Blue Blur.

There's also the fact that Sonic has several ways to speed himself up while slowing down Shadow

And Shadow has access to about only 2 color powers.

TheC2 said:
Also, if Sonic slows down time, he also slows himself.
That only applies to Time Break. Sonic is capable of slowing down time without slowing himself down if he uses "Slow ".

Maverick Zero X said:
That only applies to Time Break. Sonic is capable of slowing down time without slowing himself down if he uses "Slow ".
Then that needs to be put on his profile because it isn't mentioned.

TheC2 said:
^^^^

It does, IIRC.

Also, if Sonic slows down time, he also slows himself.
Speed Amps are allowed.

And Sonic still has his other custom moves like Gun Drive (Allows him to teleport to wherever he throws the gem) Scale (Shrinks himself to make himself harder to hit) Mach Speed (Boosts his Speed) and Thunder Guard (Gives him a Thunder Shield that can be maintained)

Actually, they're not. From the Versus thread rules:

• When making a speed equalized match, all speed statistics are considered equalized, including speed gained through statitstic-amplifying techniques and transformations

TheC2 said:
Then that needs to be put on his profile because it isn't mentioned.
It's just another form of time manipulation, which Base Sonic already has. But I'll make a CRT anyway. Edit: Nevermind. That's pointless.

Using chaos powers to teleport is better than the sky gem, and the stat amping stuff would probably be negated by how Shadow gets bigger buffs when he's got no limiter on. Also, about his AP, even if you assume Mephiles is only comparable to sonic and the 1 shotting was due to catching him off guard, not necessarily a bad assumption tbh, Shadow still destroyed an army of his clones with just the force of his Aura when he took his limiters off. He should still have a considerable AP advantage. Shadow's chaos powers also allow him to deal with Sonic's time powers. I have no idea why speed is equalized when their speed is already the same, but whatever. It doesn't restrict amping anyways, so both can amp, Shadow just gets a bigger boost. The color powers don't seem like too big a factor, and while Sonic likely outskills due to canonically winning and beating Ult. Emerl, I feel like Shadow should take this. He's got better ranged attacks and has fought Sonic several times before, making him aware that he has the advantage in that aspect. He's also got his BFR through spacetime manip, and given his greater proficiency in Chaos powers than Sonic when not comparing super forms he should be able to make it stick. If it's considered in character for Shadow to finally take off those rings, voting him via stats advantage, better chaos abilities, ways around all of Sonic's biggest boons, and spatial manip. If its not deemed in character to take off limiters, Sonic via stat amping and skill advantage. Just count me for whichever one of these is decided on.

I'm pretty sure it was decided a while ago that speed amps were allowed. They probably just forgot to change that. Ask someone about it.

I'm pretty sure it was decided a while ago that speed amps were allowed. They probably just forgot to change that. Ask someone about it.

Oh wait its bloodlusted. Then yeah, shadow for my reasons, along with timestop.

OP, I'd recommend keeping a running tally of the votes in the OP itself to avoid any sort of possible confusion. However, even including dust's vote, I only count 4 for sonic.

I believe Sonic takes this by overwhelming versatility if Shadow has his inhibitors on. (All Color Powers, Transmutation, Gems from 06 that allow teleportation, shrinking, invisibility, time slow, speed boosts, wind manipulation, shields, etc.). They're a good counter for Shadow's overall better proficiency with Chaos Powers.

Inhibitors off, I think Sonic can stay in the game long enough to have Shadow burn through his stamina. Going from being stomped by Infinite to overwhelming him is what makes me believe any advantage Shadow had by taking them off is now null.

Already voted, but I might as well establish why I think Sonic takes this handily.

Issue is, Shadow at base is still considered comparable to base sonic, and without inhibitors way stronger. All the gems just do stuff shadow does better with chaos powers, aside from shrinking which really doesn't help as it results in sonic being slower, and bloodlusted shadow's greater chaos proficiency means that his timestop should win out.

Its not necessarily incon rapid, and voting doesn't preclude me from making arguments against the points of others. It never should have entered grace period anyways, and as such can't be added yet. Stop with your rushing to close every kind of thread that has remaining discourse.

That's just straight up not how it works at all. There wasn't enough of a vote differential anyways, and 7-5 is not inconclusive. Incon via grace period rarely happens.

You can't start the grace period early like that, and the grace period is to allow for more arguments to be made and stuff. You seem to be missing the entire point of a debate here.

Wokistan is right.

Grace Period only starts after there's a winning verdict. For there to be a victor, there must be an acceptable majority. That only happens after a character gets at least 7 votes AND has 3 or more votes over their opponent.

In addition, before anyone says that's wrong, we've had threads that have lasted weeks at a time due to heated debate and enter grace multiple times throughout their duration.

The only to get an inconclusive verdict pushed through quickly or immediately is if we basically get the most of the debaters to agree that the match is inconclusive due to how the character stack up against each other.

Shadow wins Sonic departing he in the middle using Chaos Magic. Another form of win Sonic is Shadow use Chaos Burst to hide in a rift in space time and spam Chaos Magic

For anyone who thinks Sonic wins, Shadow has atleast a slight edeg over him, as most of his wins over Shadow were due to assisstance(his friends in chronicles and the power cores in generaions). Shadow can use color powers, as seen in Sonic Runners so that's not an advantage for Sonic in this fight. And Shadow's chaos powers also give him a versatility edge over Sonic

k

Shadow: 10

Sonic: 8

Inconclusive: 2

By the way, I will edit this comment instead of making a new one every time someone votes.

we've seen from certain boss fights that chaos control is capable of completely freezing Sonic/Shadow in time (so they aren't resistant enough to counter it)

if not limited by plot, as soon as that happens the fight is just over.

chaos control is an autowin button. whoever uses it first wins

so Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back