• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Except he can make wounds? Just not major damage. More like chipping. Also, Sonic doesn't have too big of a wall.

If there's only a seven times difference that makes things a bit better.

It really depends on what Sonic does in character. As from what I recall of his super form he most tries to abuse his invulnerability. Which here will only result in him getting beat down by 100 clones of Jin all whom have superior skill to Sonic. There would certainly be some shards within Sonic.

Also, Jin isn't stupid. And his abilities are rather limited. So if he is really having trouble damaging the hedgehog, with both his clones and his lightning, and only fairs somewhat better when using his armorsuits, then doing something like expanding Yeoui in his ear isn't out the question.

However, what Cal said is also correct. Some small Chip damage is all that's necessary. But it really depends on what Sonic's go to moves are.

The Pole is blunt and against someone seven times stronger than you, he's not going to be able to get it in deep enough to do any serious damage.

Plus, Sonic's wall is potent.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The Pole is blunt and against someone seven times stronger than you, he's not going to be able to get it in deep enough to do any serious damage.
I don't even have to try with this one. You all do it for me.

The pole can become so small that it fits in his ear. It expands and contracts, making it very flexible, yet just as hard. So it can be basically any size he needs it to be.

-winks in Dragon-

Jin having superior skill? Sonic has bested people with thousands of years of combat experience.

As for the clones, if he has to, Sonic can stop time and use his AP advantage to plow right through them.

@Shadow You're gravely underestimating Jin here. Quality is better than quantity, it's what you do with your years that matters. And I can tell you from reading God Of Highschool, comparing Jin to Sonic is like comparing a master martial artist to a body builder, Jin knows way more about the mechanics of a fight and blows Sonic's fighting skills out of the water.

Did Sonic best them in terms of skill? Or in terms of power? As those are two completely different things. And is Emerl that skilled in CQC?

How in character is time stop for Sonic? He has so many variations that I have no clue what he'll do. I saw his colors powers mentioned earlier. And now I hear about Emerl. It's difficult to understand the argument when there doesn't seem to be something he does consistently. Even if it's something like he adapts to his opponent.

I already made a thread comparing Jin and Goku in terms of fighting prowess and it's already a popular consensus that Jin is a much better martial artist than him. Skill definitely goes to Jin.

Eh, the girl with the bo staff hasn't shown much. Though it's clear she's probably on the same level as Dean. We also should have a new key for Mori, cause you know Mori Dan.

I think they've just been adding to his last key. Though I do agree with a new key since he's explicitly weaker than his former self.

Though we should save this for a CRT.

@Litentric Teon He doesn't lead with time manipulation, but he definitely will use it if he's in a desperate enough situation. Jin making 100 clones of himself will definitely make Sonic think "I can't play around here. I need to get serious."

@MYHERO Sonic is certainly no slouch in combat and has greater versality in hax with the color powers in addition to time hax.

But, if this is the game version of sonic, his powers literally vary from game to game. He doesn't have time stop in every game. And has a tendency to play around even in serious situations (I.E, how he got caught in Eggman's trap at the start of Unleashes, or how he doesn't take Colors seriously for practically the entire game).

This is why I'm confused on how anyone can know what a composite version of the character will lead with.

@Shadow Neither is everybody else in God of Highschool. Even low tier characters in that verse already demonstrates greater combat skill then Sonic, and Jin whooped their asses. Jin is the indisputable victor when it comes to skill, like no competition. Trust me as someone that absolutely loves Sonic and rereads God of Highschool for fun I know this is the case. He's beaten a kid who can copy powers with an invincible armor suit and with precog just by being a more smarter and more skilled fighter. (This was when he was severely weakened too) But yes Sonic does have the greater versatility advantage by a lot.

Litentric Teon said:
But, if this is the game version of sonic, his powers literally vary from game to game. He doesn't have time stop in every game. And has a tendency to play around even in serious situations (I.E, how he got caught in Eggman's trap at the start of Unleashes, or how he doesn't take Colors seriously for practically the entire game).

This is why I'm confused on how anyone can know what a composite version of the character will lead with.
Just because the game doesn't allow for him to use time stop doesn't mean he can't perform it. And as for being serious, you have to realize, Eggman already said he gave up, giving Sonic a bit of ease that he can lower his guard.

Ah, fair point.

But in some games he doesn't have time stop, so that's not even an option with. Like, I agree that he has the versatility advantage by a wide margin, but I'm trying to figure out what he'll do. Half the time in his super form he seems to just fly through stuff.

That's honestly out of CIS, the problem is that in these matches we take that away from fighters so they can fight at their best. So when someone like Jin who rarely demonstrates CIS just because of how ******* good this webtoon is compared to someone really mainstream like Sonic, it seems like Sonic would always just play the idiot here.

Want to also note, that taking out CIS doesn't mean taking out their personalities. Sonic is going to start off with ramming his spiky head with Jin, since it's in character. It's just that once Sonic knows he is in a bad position he will use his hax since that is what a logical person would do.

@MYHERO "He's beaten a kid who can copy powers."

Doesn't sound impressive when Emerl can do the same thing.

Having an AP advantage and more versatility in hax > knowing some fancy moves.

@Litertric Teon Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic uses Time Break to stop the Ifrit (no, not the same one as from Sonic Rivals 2) from attacking him when he sees it's too powerful for him to handle.

@Shadow Copying powers is honestly an afterthought if you realize that

1.) He was wearing Mori's suit which grants him invulnerability

2.) His borrowed power is precognition so he can see nearly everything Mori could do

3.) Mori was serverly weakened before the fight

@Shadow

Soooo.....across like, seven(?) games, there's only one instance of Sonic using time stop? I'd heavily argue against it being in character in that case.

I'm sure he has some other effective hax that he uses far more once he sees his standard attacks aren't working.

@Shadow Though you are right, Jin's martial arts isn't saving him from Sonic's plethora of hax and greater AP. Just want to demonstrate that Jin absolutely takes it in one area at least.

Ah, so it's in three games. That makes it much more likely.

Sonic is more likely to take it just because he has hax and Jin doesn't (with the gourd broken), lol. And it helps that even though Sonic will likely charge him and eat several kicks to start, Sonic has a large AP advantage.

Back