• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog Revisions/Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So we've got a problem. Well, two actually, both have to do with the feats justifying the High 6-A stats of the Sonic verse.

First off is Ifrit. While the statement of destroying the surface of the planet instantly upon it's release should be fine, there is just one issue: Sonic never fought Ifrit after it was fully released. Hell, Tails even blatantly says that Ifrit wasn't fully awoken when Sonic fought him. Ifrit DOES potentially have a High 6-A feat, but we never see him when he's capable of performing the feat and Sonic never fought him when he was capable of performing said feat.

The second is defeating the Eggrobo, which was powered by the entire planet's biosphere. Honestly im not entirely sure how this is a feat in the first place, nor an I sure how this would be High 6-A.

Essentially our High 6-A sonic profiles are High 6-A based off of Ifrit, who has a High 6-A feat in a form that Sonic never fought, and the Eggrobo, who has a High 6-A battery

So...yeah, a bit of an issue. This would affect a majority of the verse so unless im missing something we're likely looking at a pretty big downgrade unfortunately.

@Weekly

Ifrit laid waste to the surface of many planets. The Geothermal energy of the Earth is actually Low 5-B, and the planet was literally having all life on it turn dead as a result of Eggrobo absorb it.

High 6-A is perfectly justifiable.

Even City level is out of the question, since Perfect Chaos is already way above that. Though, even if Ifrit wasn't quite at full power, I doubt the power he was using wasn't overwhelmingly higher than Sonic. As for Eggrobo, there was a Narutoforums calc that put it at 511 Petatons, which is High 6-A.

Anyway, we keep upgrading and downgrading Sonic left and right here.

Edit: Calc was for the wrong thing, my mistake. But I'm pretty sure the Egg-Robo is still High 6-A at bare minimum. Or at the very least well into Tier 6

We literally see the entire planet die on the cutscene, as in all vegetation wither and the green disappear, as a result of the energy drain. They state multiple times that the planet was being killed by having its energy drained. They don't say biosphere in game, that's just how the profile word it. They were drawing natural energy from the planet.

Hence why I brought up geothermal energy.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
It seems to only be the life energy of living beings. Unless we see it taking even heat and such, no reason to assume geothermal energy.
The only reason for a planet to wither and die by having its energy drained is if its internal energy is drained. If the Earth didn't have a warm core and the amount of geothermal energy it does, it wouldn't sustain life. It'd be a lifeless rock.

Could you link this calc please? Because i was under the assumption that we dont give AP ratings to feats like this

@Matt Seems like a rather baseless assumption, given that life would take quite some time to die if you only took its geothermal energy. Seems like life energy was drained, which can be done without draining the geothermal energy of Earth and would have even better effects.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Matt Seems like a rather baseless assumption, given that life would take quite some time to die if you only took its geothermal energy. Seems like life energy was drained, which can be done without draining the geothermal energy of Earth and would have even better effects.
So you agree it was more impressive? Seeing as you think it would take a long time for life to die that way and this drained it almost instantly.

@Matt But do we have any actual proof that the Eggobo absorbed geothermal energy or are we just assuming so?

Ampchu told me he's done many "Draining a planet of their life / energy calcs" and they tend to wield Petatons. I'll try to find it.

@WeeklyBattles

It is a basic assumption. You are draining the energy inside of a planet, and as a result it dies. You are draining the energy contained within it, which is Geothermal. Obviously a Sonic game won't go technical on the details, but we can realistically deduce that's what's going on.

Okay, im sorry Matt but after watching that entire video i have to completely disagree with treating the Eggrobo absorbing the planet's energy as it absorbing the entirety of the planet's geothermal energy. Nothing even remotely implies that that is what is happening, and it is heavily contradicted by the fact that there is literally active lava flowing even after the machine stopped absorbing energy, which wouldnt be possible if the machine actually absorbed the planet's geothermal energy. At best we can treat this as absorbing energy from all life on the planet but i sincerely doubt that's quantifiable.

Wrong, it literally withered the ground of the entire planet and would have destroyed the world if the energy were released.

If it was range it wouldn't be causing that effect, don't blatantly ignore what the machine does. If it just absorbed life it wouldn't have this effect. It ate the energies of the planet and sucked it dry.

Nevermind that they constantly state that it is absorbing the energy of the planet too, not just life.

Also sucking the geothermal energies of a planet, or affecting the core would cause lava to spill from the mantle and into the surface.

Nevertheless, we literally see the effects on the planet and they're physical. Ground withers and dies on the entire surface.

Also don't ignore that it was enough energy to at least destroy the entire surface of the planet should it be released.

Because it did.

Describing that as "Life absorption with multi-continental range" is blatantly dishonest.

There's also some other crazy feats like Eggman spliting the planet into seven with one Chaos Emerald. And some other High 6-A things I think too.

There's also shit like Infinite's sun. Or the fact that the Egg-robo could create miniature suns that collapsed into small black holes. Which would be insane.

From what Eggman said it would actually be tier 5 as he stated that the entire planet itself would be gone without a trace. Just putting that out there.

WeeklyBattles said:
From what Eggman said it would actually be tier 5 as he stated that the entire planet itself would be gone without a trace. Just putting that out there.
I feel contextually High 6-A makes more sense.

...What? Thats not open for a contextual interpretation, its a blatant statement of the planet itself being completely destroyed. You cant just manipulate what Eggman stated to something completely different just to fit your argument

@Matt Show me one time it was shown or stated to be absorbing the geothermal energy of the planet. Because if there isnt one then this is a massive and unfounded assumption with no backing whatsoever other than "It was absorbing energy so it must mean its absorbing geothermal energy" with no proof to back up said claim.

Im not ignoring what the machine does, on the contrary im going with the description of its capabilities and came to the conclusion that it is not absorbing geothermal energy as it was never stated, shown, or even implied to do so at any given point. We see plants and living things die, we never see anything that remotely implies the geothermal energy is being absorbed.

@Weekly

Think logically for a bit. It is draining energy from inside the planet. They say it is draining the energy that keeps the planet alive, which is located inside it. What else could it be?

And no, you are. You are downplaying its capabilities, acting as if its absorption had no effect on the world. On the contrary, it was lifewiping the whole surface, with all the ground of the planet going dry and dead. That is High 6-A alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back