• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Hedgehog Revision (Summarized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still haven't seem to concluded the issue of whether or not the Super/Hyper Forms scale to the Egg Blaster's speed, and The Everlasting has something that could provide stats for Darkspine Sonic.

If nothing work, let's just be conservative, asign At least FTL, likely higher for Super and FTL+, likely higher for Hyper

Matthew Schroeder said:
If nothing work, let's just be conservative, asign At least FTL, likely higher for Super and FTL+, likely higher for Hyper
Hyper Sonic drawes any ither of his speeda stats

Also, Sonic is listed as "faster than light", but we don't know by how much, but why downgrade Super Sonic?

should we also note that Darkspinne is actually an incomplete transformation as Sonic absorbed 3 while Erasor absorbed 4 of the rings?? And yeah infinite speed seems to be the case

Matthew Schroeder said:
So FTL+ for Super Sonic and At least FTL+, likely higher for Hyper?
I believe that's what's being decided, though Hyper Sonic could get "Likely Massively FTL".

I get that the gaps are massive, but aren't these rather huge jumps?

Like for example since Base = FTL and (Remember this is an example) say Hyper Sonic had a MFTL feat, then I would be okay with FTL+ for Super Sonic as he is between those two in stats, but this isn't the case at all.

Or perhaps Sonic <<<< A <<< B <<< C <<< D <<< Super Sonic <<<< E <<<< F <<<< G <<< Hyper Sonic and even then thats a "Possibly"

This is more like, since Nappa >>> Raditz >>> Piccolo (Sub-Rel), then Nappa is Rel+ or MFTL+ high tiers for the Buu Saga from the FTL feat from the Frieza Saga (Sorry DBZ is the only example I can think of)

I would be better with say, "At least FTL, likely higher" (Super Sonic) and a "Possibly FTL+, likely significantly higher" (Hyper Sonic) as we don't have said examples above or official multipliers.

He isn't in between two stats. FTL is a small category and Super Sonic is supposed to be so much immensely faster it wouldn't make sense to be in the same speed league as his base form.

Ye thats my problem.

To be fair, he's arguably baseline FTL at best in base (His LS Dash is one of his fastest moves (Only LS), and his closest feat to FTL was him being able to outrun a black hole for a short period of time, which result in Rel+ and caps out his normal speed as the Black hole was actually gaining up on him quicker than he can escape) Although we put him at FTL from a creator's statement, but feats indicate that if he is FTL, then he's probably baseline at best.

I can also use your argument for say... DBZ using the gap between SPC and Namek Saga SSJ Goku for example, which by this line of logic, would mean End Cell Saga up to high tiers Majin Buu Saga would have surpassed MFTL+ (Dang it I need more creative examples)

Lightspeed Dash has clearly been surpassed by his current casual speed as he's now naturally FTL and doesn't need a specific technique to reach lightspeed any longer, and the gap between FTL and FTL+ is far smaller than the gap between FTL+ and MFTL+ so that logic doesn't apply. Weren't Buu Saga god tiers MFTL anyways?

The statement came before Sonic Colors (If I remember correctly, I think it was on the previous Sonic speed thread) which depicted Sonic below LS so your rebuttal is based on what?

Possibly MFTL. The fact that I said Possibly FTL+ and likely higher for Hyper Sonic was an incredibly generous suggestion as the DBZ Possibly MFTL had literally jumped a dozen or so characters (Lowball) of characters that were superior to SSJ Namek Goku's speed, which by the way, was already half way through FTL+. The gap between baseline FTL and FTL+ is far bigger in multiples than the one depicted by DB's stats, so your other rebuttal doesn't apply either.

The Everlasting said:
@Uncle
I'm not sure if we treat weak points in boss fights as canon.

Also, according to the Sonic wiki, ALWL also destroyed the Arabian Night's space-time just by existing. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Why wouldn't we treat them as cannon?

For Alf Layla-Wa-Layla, he reduced the world of Arabian Nights to what is essentially a void. Not sure if that counts as destroying space-time, though.

Because more often than not they only exist to give the players a specific location to attack on the enemy's body and are never addressed in the story itself. Not to mention we have no reason to arbitrarily assume these certain parts are unfathomably weaker than the rest of their body.

I suspect the weakness is only there so the players can win so there is that lol

Weak spots are mostly a game design thing, so I don't think they should be counted. Even if they were, they can't be that less durable then their, uh, "normal parts"? and would likely result in the same general tier.

The problem with this is that if this is true, then base Sonic is Large Planet level for being able to damage Dark Gaia by attacking it's eyes, despite the fact that it's quite clear that base Sonic is otherwise practically a pissant in comparison.

Contrast with Light Gaia in the Gaia Colossus, who is as strong as Dark Gaia and shows this by not needing to attack Dark Gaia in its weakpoints to deal damage.

Indeed, it is. The point I was trying to get across, though, is that weak points ca be that much less durable than their "normal parts" (in response to Darkanine's comment above).

In the case of, say, Solaris, we'd have to assume these "weak points" are literally infinitely weaker than the rest of his body if that is the reason Sonic doesn't scale (He still doesn't because outliers, but you know), which is just plain nonsense.

Plus, as Darkanine said above, they can be weaker but still in the same tier as their natural durability (I.E. Alf Layla wa-Layla's heart).

Sonic casually caugt up with a SoL laser in the same game and commented it was "almost as fast as he was". There's no exact value for a black hole's escape velocity so it can't be used to put him at relativistic.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on Dragon Ball but if that's the case DBZ should be MFTL or high-end FTL+, then. After looking into it more I can agree "At least FTL+" is more appropriate for HS but it's no incredibly generous suggestion for a form far beyond a form far beyond a from that has FTL feats.

The fact that it is almost as fast as Sonic puts him still near baseline FTL.

It is generous considering there is no absolute evidence for it, we are making educated guesses here and being very lenient with them.

That aside, do you at least agree with the proposed ratings, and if not, what do you propose?

Everything is fine except Darkspine Sonic should be "Likely Low 2-C" and I don't know much about Sonic and the Black Knight so I can't say for its tiering. What everyone else is saying about Excalibur Sonic's tier makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back