• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Hedgehog Revision (Summarized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it make more sense to use the Earth - Mars distance? The result I got from that is 4,550,000,000 m/s or 15c. Still FTL+

I don't believe so. He can keep up with Sonic who can outpace his flight and he'd have to control his flight while landing.

1. You're just proving that some people scale to his flight speed, but not movement/reaction speed

2. You could argue that for every spaceflight feat ever, but it's likely that they slow down upon arrival.

Well if I'm not wrong that's his flight while on earth/in battle. Pretty sure we don't assume that a long distance flight speed would be equal to a close quarter one.

I never understood why there's a distinction between flight and "spaceflight". They're almost never officially seperate. They should both just be classified as the character's flight.

There probably isn't, but it's just that spaceflight is much easier to do without having similar reactions. Again here, we can't assume that Metal Sonic had the same speed as he did during that travel unless we have things hinting to it.

I would like to state that the void is Sonic and the Secret rings had some form of sun directly behind Alf Layla wa-layla. Not to mention that in order for sonic to hurt Layla he had to charge and build up his own power to do any form of damage or even survive against Layla attacks, not to mention speed and time break (Especially speed break) were both needed in this fight which involved boosting Sonic's speed or giving him a edge in reaction.

i don't think that's the sun @MicDaniel that's looks like a white void to me

@TISSG7 I assumed it was a sun because the it actually gives off a blinding light, in the boss fight when erazor is changing his energy blast the sun or voids light covers his body, making erazor hard to see, like holding your pencil up to the sun and trying to stare at it. This can also be seen when he leaves sonic after approaching and attacking him.

Also something about the super form speeds, if we can scale their AP to the Egg Blaster's beam why not their speed?

Well as long as Metal Sanic's flight speed is equal to Sanic's speed, then ye I also agree FTL+

Which in case I recommend these ratings: "At least FTL+, likely higher" (Super Sonic) and a "Possibly MFTL, likely significantly higher" (Hyper Sonic)

This is probably a completely useless piece of information since there's plenty of evidence already supporting Lightspeed and higher Sonic. But I remember the TV spot for Sonic Unleashed in the UK claimed Sonic had "the speed of light, the power of night". I remember thinking about how silly that actually sounded; "Ha! Everyone knows Sonic can only go at supersonic speeds!". Goes to show how wrong we can be.

But yeah, really useless piece of information in comparison to all the other evidence, not to mention a lowball at this point.

Since its pretty far into the FTL range (give or take what end we go with), would it scale most of the verse to FTL with FTL+ reactions or would they mostly stay the same?

Someone mentioned Classic Sonic, about. I actually found a very peculiar speed feat for him, which ACTUALLY makes Sonic ever since Sonic CD Relativistic. Basically, you remember the whole Episode Metal calc? I drafted that using a bunch of lowballs (Lowest height of the moon, took three hours) and it came out to mach 98, which is Metal Sonic's speed when heavily damaged.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Anybody remember Sonic CD's Intro, and how Sonic ran up the massive chain to Little Planet in no more than three seconds? Using the same distance for the Metal Sonic calc, Classic Sonic came out as 0.13c. Classic Sonic is faster than freaking Mega Rayquaza about nine to ten times over. MOTHER OF GOD.

Edit: I actually done goofed on the math. When I fixed my error the result came out even higher. I divided by three when I should have multiplied by three (Since I did it by comparing to Metal Sonic's feat).

Okay, so my values are 362,600 km for the distance from Little Planet to Sonic's home planet, based on the lowest point of the Moon's Orbit around the Earth. In Sonic CD's intro cutscene, Sonic crosses this distance, give or take a few hundred metres, in three to four seconds, by running up the giant chain Eggman used to hold Little Planet down. By dividing the distance by three, we get how far Sonic travelled in one second, which is 120866km. Then we multiply this by 3600 to get his speed in km/h to get 431520000 km/h. To get this value in terms of c, I simply divided this by the speed of light in km/h and got 0.4c.

Neosonic97 said:
Edit: I actually done goofed on the math. When I fixed my error the result came out even higher. I divided by three when I should have multiplied by three (Since I did it by comparing to Metal Sonic's feat).

Okay, so my values are 362,600 km for the distance from Little Planet to Sonic's home planet, based on the lowest point of the Moon's Orbit around the Earth. In Sonic CD's intro cutscene, Sonic crosses this distance, give or take a few hundred metres, in three to four seconds, by running up the giant chain Eggman used to hold Little Planet down. By dividing the distance by three, we get how far Sonic travelled in one second, which is 120866km. Then we multiply this by 3600 to get his speed in km/h to get 431520000 km/h. To get this value in terms of c, I simply divided this by the speed of light in km/h and got 0.4c.
Sonic has already displayed FTL feats, so I don't believe that's needed

Hang on. Super Sonic can move and fight Solaris and Time Eater outside of the space and time continuum even though he had outside help. He also fought in Sonic rush where the universe went haywire. It's not once that Super Sonic fought and moved outside space and time but twice or three times if you mention the Sonic rush fight which makes his speed infinite and performing a feat once can be considered an outlier but twice/three times?

Why isn't Super Sonic's speed infinite? I know that it's inconsistent but Sega made Sonic 06 and Sonic Generations so Super Sonic speed being infinite should be official. Note that I'm not asking his tier to be upgraded, just his speed that's all.

I spoke with TISSG7Redgrave and he said that Super Sonic fought outside space and time continuum three times so that's why I'm mentioned Super Sonic's infinite speed feat.

Thanks for reading.

Moving outside of space and time is usually a plot convenience that contradicts all other speed feats.

Antvasima said:
Moving outside of space and time is usually a plot convenience that contradicts all other speed feats.
So if those plot convenience infinite speed feats which happened 2/3 times was included then you have to upgrade Super Sonic to Low 2-C or higher?

Sorry but I never asked for Super Sonic tier to be upgraded...

But again, thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back