• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Imagine if Ian Flynn was the script writer of the video games. We would've probably gotten 2-A game Sonic by now.

Having Hyper Sonic come back definitely would've been an awesome surprise, it's a shame that they've seemingly forgotten about it.

I honestly think it might be for the better. I definitely don't like the new direction for the Sonic games but I like how they are slowly putting the super transformations and chaos emeralds away as these things are so clear and cut Dragon ball ripoffs that it bothers the hell out of me. It was fine in the genesis era since it wasn't so story focused, but it just got worse as more story elements were being involved.

In a Q&A panel, Iizuka said that he didn't want to go the route of Dragon Ball with having a lot of transformations.

Though I mean, Hyper Sonic was already a thing in Sonic 3 & Knuckles (even though it was in bonus stages non-canon to the plot).

I assume if Hyper Sonic had a key on here, he would be "At least 2-C."

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Had a perfect opportunity to do so had Infinite been fleshed out properly.
Hell yes. I honestly want to love Infinite, his design, powers, and voice acting is god tier but his characterization is so weak that he's just a meme to everyone. Hopefully he gets better treatment in the IDW comics.

Infinite was hyped up to be the "strongest villain Sonic's ever faced" which would've included Solaris.

And then he gets beaten by Sonic and an OC in their base forms.

Sonic had some weird stuff in the game.

Getting stringer within the Death Egg, as well as him claiming that he "gets stronger every second" during his second fight with Infinite. I also think it was the first time we saw Sonic use proper h-2-h combat during the Zavok fight since... I don't actually know.

Death Battle while laughably inaccurate even states he knows martial arts. Though, I don't know where they got that.

No doubt about that, especially with the 30 second Emerl fight. Sonic does have some very good skills.

If only Infinite's Sun feat scaled to the others. 2 Exaton Sonic when? Despite that, we at least know that Sonic is a fair bit stronger than he was before.

ShakeResounding said:
Sonic had some weird stuff in the game.

Getting stringer within the Death Egg, as well as him claiming that he "gets stronger every second" during his second fight with Infinite. I also think it was the first time we saw Sonic use proper h-2-h combat during the Zavok fight since... I don't actually know.
Further proof Sonic is really furry Goku

But tbh people really believe he's only Subsonic cuz of his NAME

ShakeResounding said:
No doubt about that, especially with the 30 second Emerl fight. Sonic does have some very good skills.

If only Infinite's Sun feat scaled to the others. 2 Exaton Sonic when? Despite that, we at least know that Sonic is a fair bit stronger than he was before.
Especially when the surface wipe calc keeps getting downgraded.

I remember animationrewind saying this should at least put Sonic at multi planet level in base form but I can't really take anything he says Sonic related seriously. Though I really REALLY want to believe him.

He's also the guy that claims Hyper Shadic is multi-planet level... Let's not discuss him lol.

In all seriousness, it'd be weird to see any future Sonic games to acknowledge that "stronger every second" line. It'd be weird to see Base Sonic have an ability akin to Chaos Knuckles...

Yeah stuff like that makes me skeptical of this guy. He seems to have an agenda where he makes Sonic win any of the fights he is in. But when he goes against Dragon ball characters, he always loses. Sonic probably has the most shady win-loss record there.

@Shadow Yeah, Base Sonic needs to get some more High 6-A feats. Or any better feats, really. Now he's on a very low end of the High 6-A spectrum. He could've even gotten a 5-C rating if Chaos 0 from the game did the same feat that he did in Post-Gen.

Also yeah, but he's the only Sonic character that has the an increase in power every second. Seeing Game Sonic have that would be kinda cool, though.

MYHERO said:
Yeah stuff like that makes me skeptical of this guy. He seems to have an agenda where he makes Sonic win any of the fights he is in. But when he goes against Dragon ball characters, he always loses. Sonic probably has the most shady win-loss record there.
Even though 2-C Super Sonic solos DBS.

ShakeResounding said:
@Shadow Yeah, Base Sonic needs to get some more High 6-A feats. Or any better feats, really. Now he's on a very low end of the High 6-A spectrum. He could've even gotten a 5-C rating if Chaos 0 from the game did the same feat that he did in Post-Gen.
Also yeah, but he's the only Sonic character that has the an increase in power every second. Seeing Game Sonic have that would be kinda cool, though.
It pains me to know that in there Base forms Mario touches Sonic and he dies.

Game Sonic has an interestingly even W-L ratio here. 6 wins (when his win against Ryu gets added), 6 losses, and an Inconclusive match against Shadow.

ShakeResounding said:

If only we've gotten actual timeframes for Iblis and Ifrit destroying the planet.

Back