• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
People complaining for IDW's Emeralds because they are more balanced and less OP. They want uPgRaDeS.

Balance is just the excuses to wanting things to be weaker because "relatable", the emeralds are vastly weaker then any other continuity, that's a valid complain

See? Not like Sonic needs upgrades, it's just that every incarnation should be as strong as possible, or it's bad.

Holy strawman, never said any of that, Sonic doesn't need to be le strongest, but he also doesn't need to be weaker because of StAKes and DRaMa, it will be like making Sonic only move at best at sound speed because it's relatable and complaining about it only makes you a toxic fan who only wants Sonic to be strong

Never because lol outlier

Sonic Movie coming out tomorrow. Can't wait to have another 9-B Sonic.

You're complaining tho.

And no, balance is needed as there's something called tension. If you have a literal infinite energy battery available to solve your shit then there's no real danger since they can solve anything with them. Look at Dragon Ball, for example.

You seems to lack knowledge about narrative and storytelling so let me tell you, the CE are plot devices too common in any of the situations. Reducing their powers sets a precedent where te characters can't rely on them for anything. It's not about relatability, which isn't a bad point at all lol. It's more like setting a precedent to not get PIS situations in the future where the characters can solve the plot with the CEs.

Oh, I was complaining? Me? Read again, all I said it was a nerf, not everyone is this toxic fan who whines about power

Moved the goalpost, first it was complaining about power, now it's because of balance, let me tell you this, both the games and Archie that have a better Chaos Control still had tension, no need to underpower something, a good writter can do both because the emeralds itself are

I lack knoweledge? Me, lack knoweledge about tension in Sonic? You my dear sir are the one extremely lacking, in almost everything rn, no one is saying that the emeralds are solve all problems, because even in Archie, which had the strongest Chaos Control, they still didn't solve everything with them, something you would have know if you knew the material you are saying, but don't worry, I can teach you and show the tension that didn't need to be taught

Also the only reason Ian Flynn nerferd the emeralds is because his new OC gem, The Warp Topaz is going to do what the emeralds did alone, so he is not even solving that

You don't need to underpower something to have tension, that's bad writting

Ok what the **** guys? I made a joke it ain't a reason to analyze it and get into arguments about it.

IDC about the limitation for the emeralds. I stopped giving a crap about this arc ages ago.

I mean, I don't too, all I said is that was a nerf, Calaca here is the one who said anyone pointing that out just want Sonic to be strong and don't understand anything about writting

>sTaKeS aNd DrAmA

Yeah, totally neutral comment here.

Funny. I mentioned DB, not Sonic. But the factthat the Emeralds are always available to transform when things get bad is a point as they being the plot devices.

I have not been this aggresively replied since Fairy Tail discussion threads a year ago just because of a joke. You're clearly touched by the idea of Sonic not being as strong as he is in other media. Otherwise, you would say nothing about that and would not try to argue the Emeralds have to be stronger because they usually are. Appeal to tradition there.

I was replying to your statment, that came first, so yes, I was neutral before your comments

And DB is irrelevant here, and not every game has Sonic going super and solving it

Actualy I am "mad" not because of your stupid idea of being mad about Sonic not being strong or whatever that you keep projecting, I am mad because I hate, and I mean it, when people whine about a character being to OP and saying it shouldn't be when the character isn't that much, don't try to be flattered, you are not the first one, I just hate this idea, that people want the character to be weak because they need relatability, because a character can't be superpowered

The emeralds do have to be as strong as they should be, it is a appeal to tradition because that's what I think it should be, it's not even like it's because of tension since the Warp Topaz is going to do what the emeralds should anyways

>Assuming I don't like overpowered characters

Don't.

Different authors, different timelines, different interpretations. The Emeralds have to be as powerful as the author wants them to be. You have no power over that even if you dislike the idea. Go ahead and create your fanfic where everything is the same and you try nothing new, relying on the same old concepts and ideas.

> Complaining about assuming people

Ironic

You really don't know anything right? Ian Flynn already wrotte emeralds strong, even stronger than the games even, he made the SGW, the biggest RW in the franchise, so there's no diferent authors here

Stop moving goalposts, first it was people want OPness, then there's no "tension" and now originality? Seriously? Don't fool yourself, the arc will end the same way of RW the virus, except instead of being just the emeralds it will be the emeralds and the Topaz to add tension of reality being destroyed, which could have been done without nerfing them, this has nothing to do with originality

Guys, let's not continue this.

I never imagine IDW was going to be a powerful verse. Despite Sonic fighting Demi Gods and Gods in his franchise regularly (The Games and Archie), I doubt IDW would get there anytime soon.

Heck, IDW is so different from Archie, that in the first 25 issues of Archie, Sonic fought across the multiverse, turned Super Sonic, and dealt with the Void.

IDW is taking it slow. People argue it's realistic IDW Sonic is focusing on the planet, I argue Archie was focusing on the Planet, but they were able to move things along quicker because each issue was a self contained story.

I don't really want "Realism" or how people view with concept in a Sonic story. It's a big, blue talking Hedgehog who can run really fast. With a rival in video games who can beat up a giant dragon turtle who tanked a galaxy size black hole point blank with his bare fists.

IDW Sonic is just another Sonic story. It's too early to judge how with the stories compare to Archie's over 300 issues of story content, with power that can rival DC and Marvel to a degree.

Limits have yet to be established, and feats have yet to come.

I agree with ElixirBlue; It was pointless how this went from a simple disagreement over the direction of IDW Sonic to a full blown argument with all manor of cheap shots, I'm sorry but this kinda behaviour only proves the infamous reputation surrounding the Sonic franchise (for the both fans and opponents of it) is deserved not to mention I was looking forward to friendly discussion but I guess not... :/

Personally I don't really care about IDW Sonic (tbh I was never a big reader of any of Sonic's comic-book incarnations) but this is ridiculous how this built up from a small facet of the franchise, just give it a rest already guys and agree to disagree!.

Theuser789 said:
I mean, I don't really care about IDW's powerscale as much, it's not a flaw, that's not the reason I was "mad"
I'm just happy that there's versions of the chaos emeralds that were depicted right. But who knows. Maybe we'll be surprised in the future on what the Chaos Emeralds could do in IDW.

You guys were both immature. Calaca shouldn't have started taking potshots at people because they wanted a better interpretation of Chaos Control under the guise that people are going "it it's not broken it's not good". Cut it out and stop starting problems over what people want.

At the same time, User, sometimes change can be good. We get a weaker Chaos Control, but maybe it's made up in some other cool aspect that we just haven't got the chance to see yet. Don't let a line from Silver change your stance on IDW so much. The series still needs to flourish and grow. We haven't even seen Super Sonic yet.

Now. Back to the friendly discussion.

Regardless, I personally think there doesn't need to be nerfs to things we already know are pretty damn strong. Archie, for as weird as it could be under someone like Penders, nailed the interpretation of a Super Form. A person with god-like powers who seems unstoppable. But at the same time, he created stakes around all of that power. And did it well, to boot. But whatever happens with IDW, at least it's giving us new stories to enjoy and a Sonic that stands to be a more unique one as time goes on.

If IDW Super Sonic is treated like a Saitama in his first appearance, I'd be happy. Though, the situation with the Metal Virus doesn't require a physical God as a solution.

I mean, the strike format is used for jokes. If I have to apologize for joking about that, sorry but no.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm moving the conversation along, but there is a lot of things I wanna talk about this newest issue has presented.

A lot of characters survived for the conclusion. And with the deadly six here, I doubt we'll see more characters fall to the Metal Virus to be opponents for the Deadly Six. Which is actually a great narrative purpose for the Deadly Six. If there was no one to fight, why would so many of Sonic's friends still be around?

Though, the Deadly Six are pretty weak, as they need to be hooked up to a Chaos Emerald to be a threat now. But now that's the question, How much power can the Chaos Emeralds give the Deadly Six?

Did it increase their influence over machines? How much? Can we get a rough estimate from this?

5B609A28-289B-4105-A381-3C9AC4E1CBB8

ShakeResounding said:
At the same time, User, sometimes change can be good. We get a weaker Chaos Control, but maybe it's made up in some other cool aspect that we just haven't got the chance to see yet. Don't let a line from Silver change your stance on IDW so much. The series still needs to flourish and grow. We haven't even seen Super Sonic yet.
I didn't suddenly dislike IDW because of this, nor do I even "dislike It" I was just critizazing, which is valid and allowed, but maybe I got too angry because I really hate the "relatable because it's weak" logic

The Calaca said:
I mean, the strike format is used for jokes. If I have to apologize for joking about that, sorry but no.
Oh?

The Calaca said:
People complaining for IDW's Emeralds because they are more balanced and less OP. They want uPgRaDeS.
The Calaca said:
See? Not like Sonic needs upgrades, it's just that every incarnation should be as strong as possible, or it's bad.
No way these can be taken as anything but a joke, even if it can seem like throwing shade and has no strikethrough to support "it's just a joke". Right, Calaca?

I didn't suddenly dislike IDW because of this, nor do I even "dislike It" I was just critizazing, which is valid and allowed, but maybe I got too angry because I really hate the "relatable because it's weak" logic

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that's what you thought. I was just making a general statement.

What? But that comment was unrelated to what I was talking about, and you responded to me Edit: At least... I thought it was to me lol

Oh, that original post was something I had no qualms with. The other comments are the ones I was talking about, as they seemed like unnecessary jabs.

Regardless. IDW still needs time to flourish. Who knows what could be in store for us by the time Issue 100 rolls around. Hopefully cool stuff from here to then

Back