• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku Weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
On episode 66 we've watched Goku powering up to SSB Kaioken within a second. So "He needs time to power up to SSB Kaioken" should be removed from his weakness.

In the last episode Goku stated he'd die if he goes into the earths core. So he used a suit instead to go there. Doesn't that mean his durability should be less than planet level at his base?

1) Reasonable

2) Absolutely not. Goku deals out more energy with his base punches than the Earth will produce in its lifetime.

Definitely not to the second point, this was already discussed.

@Rohan

Newton's Third Law dictates that for every action there is an opposite reaction. If Goku wasn't at least as tough as his own attack potency given his preference for punching, then he'd break all of the bones in his limbs with each attack.

@Reppuzan I understand your point. But I've never seen him using planet level energy at his base without a kamehameha wave. Sorry if I said anything wrong. I'm new in this community

@Hakumon12 Apparently he takes time to transform into all other super saiyan forms as well. So it needn't be stated as a weakness. Right?

Rohan Mazumder said:
@Hakumon12 Apparently he takes time to transform into all other super saiyan forms as well. So it needn't be stated as a weakness. Right?
Every single form goku has, he has transformed instantly. The time he needed to transform was only ssj3. Ssj god was just the ritual, and ssj blue was shown to be an instantaneous transformatiom.

Yeah...Goku not surviving the core of the earth is kinda ridiculous considering the stuff he deals with on a regular basis is astronomically superior. To survive in the earth's core you would need Wall level+ durability, he's survived Universe level punches...

AidenBrooks999 said:
@WB maybe is just poor heat resistance, remember Vegeta vs Magetta?
Vegeta was having trouble with Magetta because the lava was removing the air and making it harder for him to breathe. IIRC Vegeta even slices through Magetta's lava with a physical strike.

I haven't kept up with DBS but wouldn't Goku's statement about not surviving the core of the earth have more to do with the lack of oxygen rather than his durability? As far as I know Goku has been pretty consistent with his need to breathe air. IIRC The only species that can survive in space is frieza's species.

Heatforce said:
I haven't kept up with DBS but wouldn't Goku's statement about not surviving the core of the earth have more to do with the lack of oxygen rather than his durability? As far as I know Goku has been pretty consistent with his need to breathe air. IIRC The only species that can survive in space is frieza's species.
Beerus/Whis can also survive in space.

Vegeta was having trouble with Magetta because the lava was removing the air and making it harder for him to breathe. IIRC Vegeta even slices through Magetta's lava with a physical strike.

I remember in DBZ goku & vegeta were suffering from heat inside Super Buu. Both of them were transformed to super saiyan back then

Heat in Super Buu's body? Can you show some scans?

Anyways, pretty sure its just some weird PIS, as Goku shouldn't even know what's in the core of the Earth to begin with.

These episodes aren't Toriyama originals. They're just "filler" to show there was calm between arcs. All of these "anti-feats" are anime only. Wait until the manga comes out. None of this will be in there which will show that this isn't Toriyama, but just Toei being Toei.

SomebodyData said:
@animefanboy the anime filler is technically canon.
How so? Toriyama writes out the outlines of the stories and each Toei and Toyotaro fill in the blanks. Watch, Toyotaro is gonna straight to the next arc after he finishes the Future Trunks arc. None of this will be in it, maybe the Arale stuff, but that's it. Remember the Potafu "arc"? That wasn't in the manga which shows that it wasn't in Toriyama's original outline.

@Both it is true that these filler arcs are not in the original outlines but it has stated that the manga is an adaptation of the anime, and that simply means that Toei's part of the series is simply more "canon" than the manga which is worked on by someone else. If we went by your logic, then neither forms of media outside the outlines would be canon.

IIRC, the manga came AFTER the DB Super anime. Which would mean that the manga is an adaptation of anime. If that's true, then anime holds more weight in terms of canon.

Also, yeah, it wouldn't make sense that Goku's durability doesn't match his AP. Especially as both are a product of his ki manipulation, which he uses to enhance both.

Not saying I agree but would it not be possible for them to be Glass Canons?

And if anything, would Goku's durability only be that low when in extreme heat?

Anime4Life2020 said:
Not saying I agree but would it not be possible for them to be Glass Canons?
And if anything, would Goku's durability only be that low when in extreme heat?
No. We've discussed this ever since the episode came out. This is mere PIS...

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
These episodes aren't Toriyama originals. They're just "filler" to show there was calm between arcs. All of these "anti-feats" are anime only. Wait until the manga comes out. None of this will be in there which will show that this isn't Toriyama, but just Toei being Toei.
Half of the Dragon Ball Z episodes are probably fillers. The anime is canon else SSB Kaioken x10 wouldn't have been canon in the first place. In the manga goku fought with Hit with Super saiyan God (original red god form). Vegeta couldn't lift Mageta who was only more than 1000 tons heavy. This is very embarrassing for someone who can destroy planets. Toyotaro can change the story of the manga the way they want as long as they stick to Hit using time-skip & Goku forfeiting the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back