• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Somewhat Minor I/O CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
First of many I/O threads, hopefully won't die lol but probably will.

I'm still working on the great big CRT for the verse, which I'll hopefully finish up in 2 or so weeks, but before that I wanted to quickly note how this thing people call "the Majestic Presence" doesn't exist.

Let's take a look at one of the few times we see the mention of the term "Majestic Presence" please note the following 3 scans are in chronological order

Scan 1, Scan 2, Scan 3

In the first scan I linked above the relevant part is: "there {he} waits past billions of routers" this is important because we verbatim see the "Majestic Presence" being called {He}, now we can tell by the use of the "{" "}" in the name, that it is not the pronoun "he" but the literal character {HE} as the series uses the brackets to distinguish between the 2. {He} the character is the one being referred to as "majestic presence" here.

To consistify this I want to bring your attention to how the second scan above says "the god of cyberspace or perhaps it's devil" when describing the majestic presence. This is important because Hinata refers back to this statement in this scan where he requests "the god or devil" aka this "magestic presence" to help him with his desire and the thing that responds to hinata's request is visibly {HE}. Furthermore throughout the series {HE) has also constantly been referred to as "the god of cyberspace" like here: (scan 1 scan 2) Not to mention that when Hinata absorbs {HE} he visibly takes the appearance of {He} and says he's "obtained the power of god". That can be seen in these 2 scans (one and two) so it should be concluded that this majestic presence/god thing is just what characters refer to {HE} as.

Now in the other scene the term was shown which I won't bother to link since it's the one on the profile here. There is no evidence that the term is referring to {HE} however the thing just appears and disappears, and given that the word "Majestic presence" has been used to define other characters as shown above. We cannot assume it is a separate character. In any case even if we assume it is a character it has a whopping 2 notable appearances in a 100+ hour visual novel, so even with this exaggerated assumption there wouldn't be anything I could do to fix the profile, So nuke it.

Video References:​

scan 1,2,3: this video, at time-stamp 1:22:04 ish for 1, continue watching a bit for the other 2

scan 3,4: this video at time-stamp 1:35:00ish for 3, continue watching a bit for 4.

scan 5: this video at around time-stamp 1:25:10ish

scan 6,7: this video time stamp at about 1:40:00ish

Agree this.
Majestic Presence it's too vague, some even say that Ashur
Its not even a matter of being vague, my problem is its not it’s own character, like it doesn’t exist.

Can somebody write a list of the staff members who responded to the previous I/O thread, so I can send them a notification, please?

HE, mutsuki, and sakuya is like the son, the father, and the holy spirit.
While majestic presence is the god which represented all 3 of them.

Thank you for the help. It is appreciated.

I am not familiar with the verse but I guess the proposals look fine from the evidence presented.

So should we delete the page then?

Also, everybody please permanently stop using the sign # in front of the tags at the top of threads. It messes up our forum structure.

Use the exactly worded titles for the most relevant pages in our wiki instead.

I have handled it, and removed the wiki links to the deleted page.

Should we close this thread now then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back