• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something something Magicant

I know there's a CRT coming but I want to touch on something real quick.

Ok, so everyone knows Ness created his own universe(Magicant), and can bring stuff out of it(such as the Magicant Bat or Earth Pendants). But can he can bring stuff into Magicant? I started thinking about this because he can access his items in Escargo Express(real world item storage) during his time in Magicant. Not only that, but you can deposit items here and get them back later in the real world. Thanks to this, I think these are the real Escargo Express items and not some imitations created by Ness's subconscious. If this is all true, then Ness has (Limited?) Dimensional Teleportation of Objects.

I would like some feedback, though. Am I on to something or overthinking things?

https://imgur.com/ud8QYWc

https://imgur.com/PVXjnTw

Then again, this is all pointless because Magicant doesn't exist anymore lol

Well since no one replied to this, I might as well use this time up to respond here...

Hmmm, I'm not entirely certain because on one hand, it could possibly be Game mechanics but at the same time the fact that Ness still has his items and money in the world of Magicant could mean that this is legit. But I'll just wait. I do think Ness (and Maria) should get Subjective Reality as an ability for creating weapons and equipments that don't exist in the real world (such as The Magicant Bat and Earth Pendent).

I'm neutral about this, but I will follow for now till I here info and look into it more.

Anyways, I agree with this. Weaopn creation and Subjective Reality works due to the fact Ness created Magicant and everything/everyone else inside it. This was all created within his mind as well.

I think it isn't limited to just objects since other people can visit Magicant as well. Ness and Maria should be able to go to and leave Magicant (prior before they were gone) whenever they want to seeing as Ninten could do the same.

Is there some sort of explanation for it? Most RPGs do something similar, even allowing you to access items in a storage at different points in time. Doesn't mean the characters in said RPGs have time travelling capabilities.

Referring purely to the OP btw.

I'm not sure about most RPGs doing something similar, but this is a universe created by someone(and said person has been shown to have supernatural and cosmic abilites) and it coexists at the same point in time so I don't think that comparison can be applied here.

Well nearly all RPG characters have supernatural abilities. The different points in time thing was to show that it can happen in even more unlikely scenarios.

Yes but can they create universes? Thats the scale im talking about here. I'm saying Ness doing it makes more sense due to his universal abilites and the fact people have been shown to travel into and out of Magicants(See Mother 1) I see no reason it can't apply to objects. But for other RPG characters, yeah its probably Game Mechanics.

I'd be alright with accepting the ability if there was anything hinting to this being because of some sort of ability, even just a line of dialogue. But as far as I know, it's unexplained and unmentioned. Ness being universal doesn't give him a free pass.

I didn't say it gave him a free pass, I'm saying its more likely not game mechanics because Ness has universal abiliites. The fact that people can travel inbetween Magicant and the "main" universe, plus Ness's abilities make it seem so. Just because something isn't explained or unmentioned doesn't discredit the feat. I'm saying the feat itself, plus other examples of a similar thing happening and the nature/scope of Ness's abilites makes it not illogical to assume its legit.

Back