• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something about Regidrago

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
I was planning to make a thread discussing which powers Regidrago should have, due to its
Its body is composed of crystallized dragon energy. Regidrago is said to have the powers of every dragon Pokémon.
Now that someone made the profile, I'm seizing the opportunity to make this thread and discuss something that I think is off with the profile.

Additions:

Its dex entry states that it has the powers of all dragon Pokémon, and so I believe it should have a tabber with said powers. Those I will mention are taken from all non-legendary dragon types, as it's unsure if Regidrago possesses their abilities, at least to me, but it could be discussed. Keep in mind that powers doesn't necessarily mean moves.

The following ones are taken from the generic additional types that dragon Pokémon have, which I believe count as powers, even we don't include moves:

• Air Manipulation (Flying type, ex: Dragonite)
  • Earth Manipulation (Earth type, ex: Flygon)
  • Martial Arts (Fighting type, ex: Kommo-O)
  • Plant Manipulation (Grass type, ex: Flapple)
  • Water Manipulation (Ex: Kingdra)
  • Darkness Manipulation (Dark type, ex: Hydreigon)
  • Poison Manipulation (Ex: Dragalge)
  • Fire Manipulation (Ex: Turtonator + many dragons are stated to breath fire)
  • Metal Manipulation (Steel type, ex: Duraludon)
  • Electricity Manipulation (Ex: Dracozolt, who, even if it's a man-made mess, the original creature used to exist)

Magic and Ectoplasm Manipulation may be included, but I'm not sure if counting Mega Altaria for the former (due to the nature of the Mega Stones) and Dragapult for the latter (since Dragapult was once a living Pokémon, before becoming a ghost).

Then, these are the powers I gathered from various dex entries, without considering abilities given by specific body properties, such as various waves for Enhanced Senses and something more (The inclusion of these ones too can be discussed)

• Weather Manipulation and Aura
    A mystical Pokémon that exudes a gentle aura. Has the ability to change climate conditions.
  • Sunlight Absorption
    It warms its body by absorbing sunlight with its wings. When its body temperature falls, it can no longer move.
  • Acid Manipulation
    It drives away opponents by excreting a sticky liquid that can dissolve anything. Its eyes devolved, so it can't see anything.
  • Flight (many dragons can fly)
  • Sound and Empathic Manipulation
    Altaria dances and wheels through the sky among billowing, cotton-like clouds. By singing melodies in its crystal-clear voice, this Pokémon makes its listeners experience dreamy wonderment.
  • Minor Telepathy and Information Analysis
    This Pokémon's psychic powers aren't as strong as they once were. The head on this Exeggutor's tail scans surrounding areas with weak telepathy.
Removals:

• Resistance to Sleep Manipulation: Sleep Talk shouldn't count as resistance, tbh, as it doesn't prevent the user to be put asleep. Maybe it can be reworded as "Unconventional Resistance"
  • Limitless Stamina "due to not having organs to use energy on". This is not a reason, it's pretty common in fitction for robots, ghost and other inorganic and/or supernatural things to get tired. It should be High or something, as Pokémon are adept for battle and it is a legendary one.
  • Optional Equipment + This note Note: Regidrago need's a Trainer to use it's Optional Item's. I have no idea why a bunch of items are listed, with this reasoning you can give all profiles all type of item existing in the series.
  • Changing Intelligence, which currently says Relatively high due to age. Age alone doesn't always gives intelligence and/or experience, and Regidrago is supposed to have passed a lot of time sealed away. Imho should have an unknown overall, with at least above average combat capability.

I noticed that the second and third point are present even in the other three Regis profiles, they should have them modified accordingly as well.

I was planning to make a thread discussing which powers Regidrago should have, due to its
Its body is composed of crystallized dragon energy. Regidrago is said to have the powers of every dragon Pokémon.
Now that someone made the profile, I'm seizing the opportunity to make this thread and discuss something that I think is off with the profile.
I do agree with this but, I think it was only talking about Pokemon from sinnoh or Galar. (Nobody know if it was made in galer or Sinnoh but likly sinnoh) and It was made in the old ages likely before Aloan form's existed but beside form that I can agree with this.

The Regis are found a bit everywhere in the world (mostly because of game mechanics), but I think it's reasonable to extend the thing to all types of dragon Pokémon. Regidrago has been likely created by Regigigas in an unknown time, but likely extremely ancient, as it is the one who pulled the continents and regions most likely weren't a thing, formally and geologically.

Also, Pokémon are shown to be present in multiple regions and to wander, it would still be consistent (and Galar has most of them anyway).

Exeggutor's dex entries state that it always had sleeping dragon powers and that it may be Exeggutor's true form.

But reasoning with history is kinda weird now that I think of it, at the time of Regidrago's creation modern Pokémon didn't exist.

Imho, going only by its dex entry, it's reasonable and safe to account all non-legendary dragon types.

The Regis are found a bit everywhere in the world (mostly because of game mechanics), but I think it's reasonable to extend the thing to all types of dragon Pokémon. Regidrago has been likely created by Regigigas in an unknown time, but likely extremely ancient, as it is the one who pulled the continents and regions most likely weren't a thing, formally and geologically.

Also, Pokémon are shown to be present in multiple regions and to wander, it would still be consistent (and Galar has most of them anyway).

Exeggutor's dex entries state that it always had sleeping dragon powers and that it may be Exeggutor's true form.

But reasoning with history is kinda weird now that I think of it, at the time of Regidrago's creation modern Pokémon didn't exist.

Imho, going only by its dex entry, it's reasonable and safe to account all non-legendary dragon types.
Make's since.

About sleep resistance, Sleep Talk to me should probably keep resistance but we should specify that it doesn't prevent the user from goin to sleep, it allows them to act while sleeping.

What do you think of "Resistance to [...] Sleep Manipulation (Unconventional, via Sleep Talk)"

And what about the other stuff?

What do you all think of giving it Magic and Ectoplasm based on Mega Altaria and Dragapult?
And powers based on specific body properties? Because the Garchomp, Flygon and Goodra lines have some stuff based on antennae and wings, which Regidrago doesn't have, but may be able to replicate through supernatural means?
If we consider the last ones, I will update the list tomorrow. (i.e. in 11-12 hours).

As if Kyurem was a problem, Regidrago would be composited Creation Trio + Arceus because of the Dragon Plate.

Dragapult should be just fine since they're both from the same gen and that auto seals the deal in my book. But im unsure about Mega Altaria.

Would Mega Evolutions be kind of a specific outlier to this?

It's kinda unclear how Regidrago works, if it's some sort of ability that scans the planet and gives him the powers of dragon Pokémon once they appear, because most if not all of them likely didn't even exist when it was created.

But Mega Evolution it's a mutation derived from an outside source, they may be excluded due to this.

Thats exactly why im unsure if abilities from Mega Evolved dragon types should be allowed or not. At the absolute most, they could be given a separate tab and a note should be placed on Regidrago's page that its unclear about whether he 100% has them or 100% doesn't.

And for our vs matches here, the note would specify that Regidrago doesn't receive them under standard battle assumptions unless otherwise specified.

All the Pokémon mentioned in the OP are all still present in the Galar dex (including the DLCs), so that's not a problem anyway.

The only relevant Mega Pokémon here is Altaria and Magic for the Fairy type, as Regidrago gets Electricity, Grass and Fire from other Pokémon.

By the way, is there any specific reason why the moves aren't being considered here? It seems strange to limit it to just dex powers.
Mostly because it doesn't learn them nor has any Mew-like statement, and I'm a bit iffy on using them (the same applies to abilities), though it can be put the classic "possibly" once again.

Fine with the Megas, it's really only limited to Altaria.

Eh I mean, "powers" could have moves fall under it and while its not exactly the same as Mews, it seems to be the same in that retro spect but just towards dragon types. And we're already limiting them down to the non legendaries.

So I think the moves could be viable. If anything, put the moves in a separate tab and specify the same thing I did above for it being unclear and not part of standard battle assumptions in vs matches.

I don't think the dex entry should be taken at face value when it's explicitly in-universe speculation, any powers based on this should have a "possibly" if anything.

Ok, it took me some time, but this is the list of all powers, moves and abilities Regidrago would obtain from all other Dragon-type Pokémon.
I included Level up moves, Breeding moves and Pokémon GO moves. I didn't take anything from legendaries and mega forms.
All of this would go in a tabber of possible stuff in the powers&abilities section, and other tabbers in the notable attacks and techniques.
Adding a description for all moves would take me really a lot of time, even by copy-pasting them from other profiles, so I'm unsure If I should write them or make a sort of blog with a list in it. Let me knwo your thoughts.

He would also have the remaining type-associated powers that aren't in the op (Ice, Mind, Plant manip...) , as it would have moves of all existing types.

Statistics Amplification, Statistics Reduction, Summoning meteors, Status Effect Inducement (Paralysis, Flinching, Poison, Sleep, Burn, Confusion), Shockwave Creation (Vibration Manipulation), BFR, Berserk Mode (Via Outrage), Natural Weaponry, Telekinesis, Damage Boost, Power Nullification, OHKO, Reactive Power Level (Via Revenge and Marvel Scale), Sound Manipulation, Damage Transferal, Rage Power, Power Mimicry (Via Snatch), Curse Manipulation, Body Control, Self-Healing, Purification (Via Refresh and Shed Skin, Sand Manipulation, Insect Manipulation (Via Infestation), Afterimage Creation (Via Double Team), Homing Attack (Via Lock-On), Dimensional Travel (Via Phantom Force), Absorption (Life energy, water, grass, electrcity...), Power Modification (Via Worry Seed), Smoke Manipulation, Organic Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Self-Biological Manipulation (Via Camouflage), Empathic Manipulation/Social Influencing (Via Unnerve), Damage Reduction, Empowerment (Via Swift Swim and Sand Rush), Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Via Soundproof), Status Effect Inducement (Via Inncer Focus), and Statistic Reduction (Via Clear Body),

Twister, Dragon Tail, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Clanging Scales, Clangorous Soul, Dragon Darts, Dragon Hammer, Breaking Swipe

Wrap, Leer, Slam, Hyper Beam, Safeguard, Extreme Speed, Supersonic, Frustration, Return, Headbutt, Scary Face, Focus Energy, Double-Edge, Defense Curl, Thrash, Rage, Endure, Protect, Scratch, False Swipe, Slash, Swords Dance, Giga Impact, Guillotine, Laser Focus, Endeavor, Harden, Razor Wind, Glare, Rock Climb, Crush Claw, Tackle, Flail, Body Slam, Bide, Tearful Look, Feint, Work Up, Screech, Noble Roar, Growl, Fury Attack, Round, Sing, Take Down, Perish Song, Refresh, Natural Gift, Belly Drum, Boomburst, Quick Attack, Disable, Double Team, Lock-On, Take Down, Last Resort, Double Hit, Barrage, Egg Bomb, Uproar, Smoke Screen, Yawn, Sonic Boom, Hyper Voice, Tri Attack, Tail Whip, Camouflage, Stomp, Horn Drill, Whirlwind, Super Fang, Recycle, Growth, Sweet Scent, Recover, Play Nice, Echoed Voice, Glare, Safeguard, Hyper Voice, Tickle, Shell Smash, Explosion, Rapid Spin

Thunder Wave, Thunder Fang, Thunder Punch, Thunder Shock, Bolt Beak, Charge, Discharge

Sand Tomb, Sand Attack, Bulldoze, Dig, Mud Shot, Earthquake, Fissure, Earth Power

Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Rock Throw, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock, Rollout, Wide Guard

Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Incinerate, Shell Trap, Overheat, Fire Spin

Absorb, Power Whip, Cotton Guard, Seed Bomb, Wood Hammer, Leaf Storm, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Solar Beam, Worry Seed, Bullet Seed, Synthesis, Grav Apple, Energy Ball

Shadow Claw, Curse, Astonish, Confuse Ray, Grudge, Hex, Phantom Force

Hurricane, Wing Attack, Roost, Peck, Pluck, Sky Attack, Fly, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Roost, Tailwind, Hurricane, Defog, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace

Agility, Zen Headbutt, Hypnosis, Confusion, Pyshock, Extrasensory, Psychic, Mirror Coat

Bite, Crunch, Assurance, Taunt, Night Slash, Hone Claws, Sucker Punch, Feint Attack, Pursuit, Snatch, Sucker Punch, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Snatch, Switcheroo, Brutal Swing

First Impression, Infestation, U-turn, Bug Buzz, Leech Life

Mist, Haze, Blizzard, Ice Fang

Aqua Tail, Rain Dance, Aqua Jet, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Water Gun, Muddy Water, Life Dew, Bubble, Brine, Whirlpool, Bubble Beam, Octazooka, Waterfall, Withdraw, Fishious Rend

Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Moon Blast, Charm, Moonlight, Play Rough

Counter, Reversal, Superpower, Revenge, Focus Punch, Sky Uppercut, Close Combat, Rock Smash

Iron Tail, Metal Claw, Iron Head, Iron Defense, Steel Wing, Autotomize, Flash Cannon, Metal Burst, Metal Sound

Poison Tail, Acid Armor, Sludge Wave, Acid Spray, Belch, Acid, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Poison Fang, Smog

Shed Skin, Marvel Scale, Rock Head, Sheer Force, Overcoat, Rivalry, Mold Breaker, Unnerve, Rough Skin, Sap Sipper, Hydration, Gooey, Bulletproof, Soundproof, Inner Focus, Multiscale, Natural Cure, Cloud Nine, Intimidate, Moxie, Sand Veil, Clear Body, Curse Body, Infiltrator, Frisk, Swift Swim, Sniper, Damp, Levitate, Hustle, Sturdy, Strong Jaw, Poison Point, Poison Touch, Adaptability, Telepathy, Shell Armor, Berserk, Ripen, Gluttony, Thick Fat, Sand Rush, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Light Metal, Heavy Metal, Stalwart

He could probably have roar of time and spatial rend, just not on the same level as the creation trio, you can erase spacetime but be mountain level

Please, try to stay polite. (to all).

Also, I'm already bit iffy with moves, I think including stuff from legendaries (especially the absolute god tiers of the verse) is going a bit over the limits with the stretch.

Why, don't we make a tabber for this.
One for all the moves it learns
and another one for The Pokedex
(I hope that make's sence)

That was my idea, a tabber of possible stuff that includes powers, moves and abilities.

I think there's nothing else to add, maybe just more people giving opinions and/or agreeig. (I guess I'll add blatantly copy-paste a description for all moves...overtime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back