• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something about Kage (and Gill)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Real quick CRT (hopefully), just to have the new version of Kage's profile accepted before restoring it and talk about a little thing about Gill I was asked to propose.

Kage

This is the draft of the new Kage's profile that I made. The biggest differences from the original are:

• The addition of the powers and abilities that were accepted in the previous CRT
  • The removal of his comparison to Oni in the ap section, as it came from Kage's what if ending in his SFV arcade path.
  • The addition of a "Varies, up to at least High 7-A" in his stats. This because he isn't just Ryu's Satsui, but even that inside Akuma and Sagat, and thus I find it reasonable that his power depends on that of the person he is facing, also because he seemingly gave troubles even to Akuma, something Ryu is still too weak to do.
  • An expansion of his weaknesses section, where it is explained that Kage doesn't just fight on the physical plane, if those fights are actually real and not just "mental", and that rejecting him is enough to vanquish him, as brute force isn't the way he defeats others, nor the way they defeat him.
  • The addition of a quote and some images in the gallery, minor stuff.

Gill

It was asked me to put this into some CRT (which I totally forgot to do in the previous one).

Basically Gill should receive Light Manipulation and a small addition to his Speed, specifically "Possibly Speed of Light via Seraphic Wing.
This would apply only to his Seraphic Wing critical art and wouldn't scale to anyone else.
The reasons for this are that this attack is stated to be light and emanates rainbows along with the energy waves.

Last edited:
A future scenario is still a what if scenario, as it hasn't happened yet in canon and it may never happen.
But Oni himself is a what if character, and Akuma may not even become him (Kage also tries to make Akuma become Oni by embracing the hado completely).

It may still be correct, as Kage is the Satsui within all users, but I don't think it should be noted for the reasons above.

Even then nothing really shows how a battle between them will go down, it just shows they will fight, but not how it goes down, so its too vague to scale, plus Oni to this day still remains as the strongest SF character in the series, none scales to him

I’m fine with said encounter not scaling to Kage.

I just thought it was strange that Saman was so quick to write it off as a what if scenario instead of a future event in Kage’s timeline.

I mean, I put it and other changes in the list for a reason, so we could debate what I decided to do by myself in the first place, I wasn't trying to hide it or anything.

"Likely 0" is kinda awkward, would something like "Likely only a couple weeks" or whatever the timeframe is work better?

I guess Kage is settled, there's enough agreement, although I'm not yet sure if Seraphic Wing meets the requirements.

@DarkDragonMedeus what do you think of this?

Gill

It was asked me to put this into some CRT (which I totally forgot to do in the previous one).

Basically Gill should receive Light Manipulation and a small addition to his Speed, specifically "Possibly Speed of Light via Seraphic Wing.
This would apply only to his Seraphic Wing critical art and wouldn't scale to anyone else.
The reasons for this are that this attack is stated to be light and emanates rainbows along with the energy waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back