• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Wang Lin Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread title says it all. All for First Step Wang Lin of course.

Ascendant:
Power Nullification of all instant movement and instant movement spells:
"Wang Lin took a step forward and raised his right hand. He immediately withdrew the beast bone and it turned back into a tattoo on the back of his right hand. His speed didn’t reduce as he took one step and appeared before Tang Yanyun. His two fingers were filled with origin energy and he was about to press them down.
Tang Yanyun’s body trembled and his eyes were filled with aghast. He attempted to escape without any hesitation, but Wang Lin let out a cold snort. The dense origin energy immediately squeezed and made all types of instant movement impossible.
This spell was something Wang Lin had invented. By using the pressure of origin energy, he could make all instant movement spells useless."

“Rumors of Xu Mu echoed in their hearts. The seven panicked and then began to retreat and teleport away. They felt a lot of regret; they shouldn’t have listen to the order of the Yao family to intercept Xu Mu!
“You can’t escape!” Wang Lin’s divine sense echoed across the void. At the same time the origin energy within the area began to distort like crazy.
The seven of them were forced out of the void from their teleportations. Wang Lin’s figure rushed out like a ray of light and he passed by all seven of them in a flash.”

He took a step forward and disrupted the fluctuations of origin energy around the area, causing the eight of them unable to be teleport for a quick escape. With a thought, the Celestial Sealing Stamp chased after one person.”

Immeasurable speed with Call The Wind:
"The black wind immediately condensed into a black dragon. The black dragon blasted cold air at Yao Bingyun.
Yao Bingyun’s expression changed for the first time. She stared at the cold wind coming from the black dragon and her hands quickly formed a seal.
Just at this moment, Wang Lin took a step backwards and merged with the world. His enemy could also merge with the world, so the battle tactic he used before had no effect on this woman.
Wang Lin revealed a decisive gaze. He couldn’t beat her, so he simply decided to quickly flee!
Wang Lin took a step backwards and ripples appeared under his feet and he disappeared. Yao Bingyun wanted to chase, but the cold wind blasted by the black dragon was beyond her expectations. Even when she merged with the world, she wasn’t able to avoid it."

Size Manipulation with seals:
"Wang Lin stood up and took the bags of holding of the people he had killed. He looked at the Collection Pavilion and muttered, “Unfortunately, this pavilion can’t be taken away… Otherwise, the four great families would have already taken it by force out of the Celestial Realm. But I’m not willing to just leave it here. If I can take it away…”
As he pondered, Wang Lin’s eyes suddenly lit up and he thought of the words he heard inside the painting.
“Master Carefree will draw a painting for the first opening of the Collection Pavilion… “ Wang Lin’s eyes became brighter as he remember the hand seals of the boy under the tree.
“When I used the seals before, I felt the pavilion tremble…” Wang Lin’s heart skipped a beat. He immediately moved and arrived next to the Collection Pavilion.
He took a deep breath and his hands formed the seals he learned from the boy. In an instant, the Collection Pavilion began to glow. Before Wang Lin’s eyes, the pavilion became smaller and smaller until it turned into a size that could fit inside one’s palm and flew into Wang Lin’s hand.
Holding the Collection Pavilion in his hand, even with Wang Lin’s mental strength, he let out a laugh. This laughter was filled with joy!"

Soul Erasure resistance:
"It was because Wang Lin was extremely familiar with the Ji Realm that he didn’t panic and continued to layer more origin energy over it. Because of his prior experience with the Ji Realm, his origin soul was not completely defenseless against the Ji Realm.
After all, he used to be an owner of the Ji Realm!
As a result, this red lighting didn’t immediately erase his origin soul and gave him a chance to resist. If it was someone else, even if their cultivation level was higher than Wang Lin’s, they would without a doubt die!
It was fortunate that there was a large amount of origin energy inside Wang Lin’s body that he hadn’t absorbed, so he wasn’t lacking in origin energy. With great perseverance, he constantly wrapped more origin energy around the red lightning until it matched the speed at which the origin energy was disintegrating."

Illusion Manipulation:
"The countless resentful spirits condensed and origin energy filled them, making them even more fierce. Countless resentful spirits took the form of Yao Xixue before they charged toward the Blood Ancestor.
The Blood Ancestor let out a cry as he turned around and swiped behind as if he wanted to tear this underworld river apart. As for those souls that looked like Yao Xixue, even though he knew that they were fake, he was unwilling to attack.
Thanks the power of the claws, he was able to rip open a gap in the underworld river and charge out, but countless souls in the form of Yao Xixue blocked him.
The Blood Ancestor let out a sad cry. His face was filled with resolve and he swiped the blood claws. Countless Yao Xixues collapsed while letting out very sad and real cries that fell in the Blood Ancestor’s ears. This caused his already injured mind to tremble.
The underworld river began to collapse under the Blood Ancestor’s attack and the gap grew larger. Finally, the Blood Ancestor charged out with an unspeakable amount of hatred.
“Wang Lin, you and I can’t coexist!!!” After rushing out, although the Blood Ancestor was fierce, his heart felt exhausted. Yao Xixue’s sorrowful screams constantly echoed in his mind as if they would never dissipate."

"Wang Lin stepped forward in the grass, and a moment later, he arrived at an open area about 1,000 feet wide. The grass here had been cleaned out and replaced with gulches. These gulches intersected and formed a complex image, as if it was a formation.
Wang Lin didn’t even look at the gulches on the ground before stepping inside. He sat down at the center of the formation.
Ever since Wang Lin had released the thunder toad and mosquito beast, he hadn’t taken them back and let them move around freely. As for Xu Liguo, Wang Lin was too lazy to care.
This was a place Wang Lin had found to cultivate. After removing the grass, he placed a restriction formation here. With the mosquito beast and thunder toad guarding, there was a certain degree of safety.
As he sat there, Wang Lin’s hand formed a seal and pressed down on the formation. There was a flash of light and then everything disappeared and was replaced with a field of grass.
No matter how far or close you were, you wouldn’t be able to see that this place was fake. Eve
n if you stepped inside, everything would appear normal.
After activating the formation, his eyes lit up. During his trip to the Thunder Celestial Realm, he had managed to obtain a lot among all the dangers he had faced. However, he hadn’t had time to refine any of them since he left."

Petrification and Limited Power Nullification with Wither Dao Pair:
"However, just as the black dragon attempted to devour, two ghostly flames appeared in the two eye sockets of the beast bone. The moment they appeared, it was as if the beast bone was alive and an evil aura suddenly appeared. This evil aura was too strong, but it only appeared for an instant before disappearing without a trace.
All of this happened too quickly. The moment the evil aura dissipated, the black dragon’s eyes suddenly opened wide as if it was filled with terror. Its huge body froze and a grey color began to spread from its tail. In almost an instant, its entire body was grey.
This grey was the color of stone!
This black dragon formed by a spell became a stone statue in an instant. Even the origin energy around it was turned into stone!

The black dragon fell from the sky and smashed into the ground with a bang.
This scene seemed to cause everything to stop. All of the surrounded people couldn’t help but suck in a breath of cold air and were dumbfounded!
“This… What kind of treasure is this…” Tang Yanyun stared at the fragments of the stone statue with eyes filled with terror."

"The beast bone gave off a ghostly light as it released an unimaginably monstrous and evil aura that filled the world.
At this moment, this evil aura was very powerful and had already reached its peak. Even though Wang Lin was its owner, he still felt shocked by it. That evil aura was simply too strong.
If Wang Lin was like this, there was no need to talk about the other three people. The moment the evil aura appeared, it disappeared without a trace. However, the tornado spell used by that cultivator turned into a stone statue.
When the beast bone’s gaze land on him, the cultivator’s expression turned pale and he immediately retreated. However, just at this moment, that rich, evil aura appeared once more.
The cultivator’s eyes filled with panic and his right hand immediately turned grey. The grey spread like crazy, and at the moment of crisis, he didn’t hesitate to lift his left hand and directly cut off his right hand. Disregarding the blood spraying everywhere, he retreated to more than 10,000 feet away and immediate sat down in the lotus position.
Even though he had cut of his own arm, the grey didn’t disappear and instead spread from his left hand. His eyes were filled with despair and he clenched his teeth. At the moment the grey had almost completely covered his whole body, his origin soul flew out, abandoning his body.
At the moment his origin soul flew out, his entire body turned a stone statue without a hint of vitality. In the air, the only thing that remained was his weakened origin soul."

"The Wither Dao Pair released a flash of light and an intense killing aura suddenly appeared. The clone fighting with Ta Shan immediately retreated to where the other four clones were. Their hands began to form seals and they chanted a complex chant.
At the moment the killing intent spread out, a lightscreen appeared around the three clones. The lightscreen immediately turned grey and was petrified.
After the lightscreen completely turned into stone, cracks appeared on it before it completely shattered.
The five clones’ expressions were slightly pale, but the terror in their eyes was even stronger."
"Wang Lin’s eyes became cold. He would never let the same thing happen again. Instead of retreating, he charged out and pointed with his right hand. The Wither Dao Pair flew out and released intense killing intent. One of the clone’s feet immediately turned into stone.
Wang Lin’s figure moved like lightning and appeared before the one that was turning into stone. His finger formed a sword and pointed between the eyebrows of this clone, causing the clone to collapse into countless pieces of stone.
At this moment, the remaining two clones closed in. Their auras had reached a peak, ready to explode!"

I may have more in the future but that all depends on my memory which isn't the best.

Huh, didn't know you read RI. Neat.

Everything here is fine except maybe Call the Wind. I've been talking to the other supporters and it's likely that it might be downgraded from it's current speed.

Negating teleportation in general isn't rare. Though for Spatial and the Ascendant variant it seems to be done through disturbing space instead of just saying "no" to the power.

Unfortunately, fusing with the world is not actually immeasurable in speed, as in the point of the story where Wang Lin is possessed, he travels for 7 minutes to get to a location, specifically stating that even it had its limits and couldn't just warp anywhere anywhen.

Under the old man’s control, his body never stepped out from being merged with the world. It was as if every part of his body, including his origin soul, were divided into countless grains, and these grains were part of the world.

Being merged with the world meant that one could reach all locations in an instant, but there were limitations to this spell. Otherwise, the old man would simply appear where his body was instead of rushing like this.

To Wang Lin, this half an incense stick of time felt like a century. During this century, he suffered through a powerful storm that wanted to shred him in to pieces. He had to struggle to not be torn apart by the storm.
Wang Lin already couldn’t clearly feel how fast it was. When his body merged with the world, it felt like time stretched endlessly around him. He was no longer stepping on the void but on time.

This was completely an illusion, but Wang Lin couldn’t find another way to explain this kind of speed.
I hear ISSTH has spatial bend be outright immeasurable through time travel, but at first step for Wang Lin at least, it is not.

I had stopped by the restriction that changed size, but I'm relatively certain it's specific for only the Pavillion, not for anything. Items being able to change shape isn't unique either.

He already resists soul erasure.

The souls can shapeshift, so that shouldn't be illusion manipulation. It's fine for the restriction one though.

I agree with petrification too. It also works origin energy, souls, and it even worked on a tornado iirc. Then again, his powers were specified to affect immaterial things like souls and elements as early as FE.

PS.: If our profile assume the OG body and the avatar are fused for each key, then even when Wang Lin was at Corporeal Yang, the OG body could literally not be hurt by Early Nirvana Scryers.

Last edited:
Well, the teleportation negation would be more of a spatial application - by disturbing the space.

No for immeasurable speed.

Like Ricsi said he already had soul erasure res.

Restrictions and Petrification works.

Nice.

I second what Ricsi said.

While we're at it should we add an ability for being able to make bodies or make said bodies forcibly age? I suppose the second would be Age Manipulation, the former I'm not that sure.

And if I'm not wrong Cultivators were shown to have the ability to somehow manipulate sizes. Like refining a sword in their mouth with Qi then when using it to fight it grows to its original size. But seems neat.

And finally, @Dienomite22 I sent you a link in Discord to the Er Gen server, we split off from the Wuxiaworld one. All of us are present there, it can be easier for you if you wish to communicate.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Bai Xiaochun made a sword become three times as big I believe, but yeah, they definitly manipulate size to some extent. Pretty sure they need the stuff to be refined or printed to be their own though.

Thanks for the response peeps.

Accepted:

Power nullification of all instant movement and movement spells via spatial distortions

Illusion Creation with restrictions

Petrification

Not Accepted:

Immeasurable Call The Wind though it will still be as fast as spatial bending whatever that will be.

Questions:

Should Underworld River spirits shapeshifting ability should be something notable in its description?

Size Manipulation but only for the Pavillion?

Elaboration on Soul Erasure resistance:

I should've specified that Wang Lin would have Enhanced Soul Erasure/Manipulation resistance for Wang Lin as above shows that his experience with Ji Realm Lightning lets him resists Soul Erasure that would even kill cultivators with higher cultivation levels than Wang Lin and his copious amount of origin energy gives him even more resistance.

What has been accepted by our staff can probably be applied.

It seems fine to me. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back