• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about Type 4 Immortality

Fllflourine

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
What beings can obtain this kind of immortality, and which don't? Some beings that are Gods don't have this type of Immortality, but others do, and there are characters that arean't even related to Gods that have this immortality, which makes me sort of confused as to the requirements for having this immortality.

I'd love some clarification on this.

Type 4 Immortality is sorta variable. For instance, a being who is a god can have this type of Immortality, and it just means they can't be killed except by a being stronger than themselves, since their immortality only comes from their own being.

Then, there are beings who have type 4 immortality and are gods, but being stronger than them isn't enough of a requirement to actually permanently kill them. You have to also be considered a "god" by the setting's terms in order to do so, as well as have equal or higher power.

Then there's type 4 immortality granted to someone by a god or higher power. It would require a being or force superior to this god or higher power to overwrite the immortality and kill whoever it was granted to.

Hope this helped at least a bit.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Type 4 Immortality is sorta variable. For instance, a being who is a god can have this type of Immortality, and it just means they can't be killed except by a being stronger than themselves, since their immortality only comes from their own being.
Then, there are beings who have type 4 immortality and are gods, but being stronger than them isn't enough of a requirement to actually permanently kill them. You have to also be considered a "god" by the setting's terms in order to do so, as well as have equal or higher power.

Then there's type 4 immortality granted to someone by a god or higher power. It would require a being or force superior to this god or higher power to overwrite the immortality and kill whoever it was granted to.

Hope this helped at least a bit.
Thanks, but what of the Gods that do not have Type 4 Immortality (example is Beerus ), and the aforementioned beings who arean't even related to Gods having that same immortality?

Characters such as Beerus not having that type of Immortality simply means they can be killed by any being stronger than them, or perhaps by a weaker being with less direct means.

Which non-god related beings are you referring to?

Characters such as Beerus not having that type of Immortality simply means they can be killed by any being stronger than them, or perhaps by a weaker being with less direct means.
Which non-god related beings are you referring to?
Guys such as Lobo and Garlic Jr, who I dont think are related to Gods, and Bard, though I'm guessing characters who don't have "Gods" in their categories and don't have anything referring to Gods when I CTRL-F for "God". I brought it up as (in the chat) Prom did say that there were a plethora of beings with Type 4 Immortality that arean't even related to Gods.

Because in some verses, being a "god" does not automatically give you Type 4 immortality. Said beings not related to gods are also usually spiritual or powerful in some way, and have Immortality which is more or less the same in function.

Because in some verses, being a "god" does not automatically give you Type 4 immortality. Said beings not related to gods are also usually spiritual or powerful in some way, and have Immortality which is more or less the same in function.
Another question,during a PM exchange with Cropfist, he wants to know the reasoning behind Asriel having Type 4 Immortality.

EDIT: He asked on your wall.

Back