• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about power-scaling

How far is it ok to power-scale instead of calculating? For example: we got a character performing small town level feats just by liberating his own aura (causing an around 6,5 earthquake just with it), tanking large building level attack with not a single damage at all etc, if this character get seriously damaged by an attack that, if calculated according to real life phenomenon (in the case I was thinking: a lightning bolt sort of thing), would be small-building level/at top building level can I just consider that attack superior and at least town level because of scaling (not far-fetched considering we're talking about a magic lightning) or do I have to still try to calculate it precisely? Even tho AP doesn't immediately equate to the durability of a character my reasoning is that in any case he couldn't have a superior aura power than his own durability or he couldn't support it, but Idk if this kind of reasoning are accepted

If the character is consistently and demonstrably undeniably like tier 7 but was hurt by something that only had like tier 8 environmental destructive effects, the former would take precedent.
A good example would be literally all of DBZ, at worst they're all far above planet busting, yet I could point out a dozen times where Goku got hurt by being tossed into a building, mountain, or even a ******* wall, etc.
DBZ isn't the only example but eh, it gets the point across.

What matters most is consistency and context. We can't assume every attack tossed by a dude to always inflict the same tier of power, that goes for everything.
Of course, it could also imply that the above feats are an outlier, it honestly depends, on context and the verse as a whole.

If the character is consistently and demonstrably undeniably like tier 7 but was hurt by something that only had like tier 8 environmental destructive effects, the former would take precedent.
A good example would be literally all of DBZ, at worst they're all far above planet busting, yet I could point out a dozen times where Goku got hurt by being tossed into a building, mountain, or even a ******* wall, etc.
DBZ isn't the only example but eh, it gets the point across.

What matters most is consistency and context. We can't assume every attack tossed by a dude to always inflict the same tier of power, that goes for everything.
Of course, it could also imply that the above feats are an outlier, it honestly depends, on context and the verse as a whole.
Well tbh in the precedent chapters of the same opera we had a tornado (that by site is i think multi-city block or town level) not really damaging a robot that was destroyed with a wall+ fire magic so I'm gonna assume they just didn't take much attention at the actual power of natural phenomenon. Technically the character in question will surpass town level by a lot so I wouldn't see it as an outlier, but he will get also massive power-ups, and this is the only time we see him fight at this power level, so I'm really not sure.
P.S. The verse is Dai no Daiboken/Dragon Quest, the character in question is Satana Hadler, the first feat in question is him shaking a cave with his aura (that as said i calculated about 6,5 richer), second is "Megante", self-sacrifice attack that use vital power to generate a big bolt and severely damaged him. Anyway is the "if he can support x-level aura his durability must be at least in that level" accettable or far-fetched?

I mean, if the character is consistent at their tiers, feats bellow it can just fall under Area of Effect or Outlier, Dragon Ball is a great example, characters like Goku are Universal at worst due the context of GoDs and characters who scales to it being Universal, as showed in Beerus vs Champa and Beerus vs Goku, but Area of Effects affects dragon ball, as they are Universal but the visual shows like, wall level attacks hurting Goku

I mean, if the character is consistent at their tiers, feats bellow it can just fall under Area of Effect or Outlier, Dragon Ball is a great example, characters like Goku are Universal at worst due the context of GoDs and characters who scales to it being Universal, as showed in Beerus vs Champa and Beerus vs Goku, but Area of Effects affects dragon ball, as they are Universal but the visual shows like, wall level attacks hurting Goku
Understood, but is the relation "aura emitted from his body/bare minimum of durability" (again if we take that not as an outlier but a legit feat) an acceptable scaling or it's not ok? Because if it is then I'll have to consider the attack at least small town level, if it isn't there is no way to know precisely the durability of the character in this part but only the AP

Back