• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions about Ditto.

Pokemon noob here, so I just have some questions about the limits of this guy.

1- If he fought, say, Batman, would he also copy his fighting skill along with appearance and stats?

2- If he copied Wolverine, would he be able to copy his adamantium bones?

3- Read in his wiki that his base hp remains the same no matter who he copies. Is that canon or just a gameplay mechanic?

4- What's the limit for his copying? Can he copy, say, Superman? Marvel Odin? Galactus? Has he ever shown to be unable to copy a character because they're too powerful?

5- If, say, a character uses an ability to triple their strength for a limited amount of time, would Ditto copy their base form or their amped one?

Thanks in advance.

1. I don't believe so. I'm fairly certain ditto's mind is unchanged when it transforms.

2. Probably, as it can copy inorganic materials due to its nature.

3. I have no idea, as HP is kinda hard to define. One could probably look at it as Ditto copying the target's durability, but not necessarily the ability to take punishment. Of course, that is up for interpretation.

4. Based on what has repeatedly been stated in the games (and I believe manga, as well), Ditto copies the details of its target, often via genetic code for living things, and then proceeds to break down and reorganize its own cells into a copy of the desired target. Presumably, what this means is that Ditto can only copy things that are inherent to a target's biology or nature. For instance, copying a Kryptonian, it would likely gain heat vision, flight, molecular vibration, etc., as those are results of their biological structure. This seems to even work on things like ghosts and beings of metal, as long as it's copying something they can do. However, were it to copy something drawing its power from an outside magical source, I don't think Ditto would gain those abilities, as said abilities are not an inherent part of its target. At least, that's what its descriptions imply.

5. No idea. If it's an ability that is inherent to them, Ditto could probably copy it. Otherwise most likely not.

It's also probably worth noting that while Ditto does not need its target to be in the immediate vicinity in order to transform, this helps immensely, as most Ditto make multiple mistakes when transforming from memory. Exactly how it can know what a target's genetic composition is just from being nearby is never explained.

Back