• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some possible Link revisions.

With your Death materia example, if a user continuously applied it nonstop, it would eventually off Link, but a single casting's gonna do just as much as a normal attack would.

Okay, I don't understand this logic whatsoever....

Link can listen to the notes and not instantly die. Yes, that's a weak resistance.

Link's health bar goes down like as if he's taking regular damage. Yes it does. Instant death still attacks the health bar in game.

He listens to the song and is still being hurt by it. Ergo, hitherto, therefore he is still being killed by said song. Meaning instant death moves put Link on a timer.

Okay. You should rest, mind me for potential causation.

But also, like I said earlier in the thread, this is only my interpretation of why MM Link would have a resistance to Death Manipulation. I'm not the one who added it to his page, so I wouldn't know why exactly it was added, there may be a better reason, perhaps something pertaining to some other enemies in Ikana Kingdom, I have doubt Sharp is the only one in a whole kingdom of undead that uses death-inducing attacks, but I can't recall any other specific candidates off of the top of my head. I could check the descriptions of his masks to see if it may have been derived from any of them.

How had no one asked We sure the song even kills imstantly without factoring link? Does it say it kills instantly?

Only ever kinda certain it said it killed, which it does.

And also, the song does not put a timer on Link. He can stop it from hurting him by just leaving the cave, so if Death Materia was cast upon him, it would not cause a timer. After the attack stopped, Link would stop taking damage.

No that would simply imply that said instant death move only works if the victim hears the song. If he can get away from it by leaving, then said technique is limited.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
How had no one asked
We sure the song even kills imstantly without factoring link? Does it say it kills instantly?

Only ever kinda certain it said it killed, which it does.
"What business have you in Ikana Kingdom, land where only the dead roam? This is no place for one as full of life as you. Or do you say that you wish to join the dead? That is fine... If that is the case, sleep gently to the Melody of Darkness that the great composer, Sharp shall play... and join the ranks of the dead."

I don't know, it sounds like death to me. Other than this, it could be Curse Manipulation, the song is also referred to elsewhere as "Sharp's Curse". But I've already addressed above why Link shouldn't resist Curse Manipulation.

I mean, I played the game, too. ;-; That's why I brought up Sharp in the first place. And like I said before, multiple times in the thread, I'm not the one who originally added Death Resistance to his page, this may not be the reason that the person added it.

If Death isnt instant it could very well be removed entirely.

It just looks like life-draining to me.

I'm looking through the Majora's Mask bestiary to find enemies that could've been the reason for it being added to the page. I did find something, though. While Link shouldn't resist Curse Manipulation, it should be noted that he was able to block the cursing effect of the Bubbles with his shield. It could be added instead of him having a resistance.

It should also be noted that he can hit intangible beings and souls due to being able to hit Poes. This is different from older iterations of Link, where shining light on Poes was required to hit them.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
It should also be noted that he can hit intangible beings and souls due to being able to hit Poes. This is different from older iterations of Link, where shining light on Poes was required to hit them.
There's been certain attack patterns that makes the poes invisible and intangible, and Link can't hurt them at all while they're in that phase. If he can, he wouldn't have played the waiting game with the Poes.

So now that (hopefully) we're done talking about MM Link, can someone tell me where did ALTTP got those abilities and resistance I've listed in the thread.

The real cal howard said:
When was that a thing?
"These ghostly creatures have no physical form, so physical attacks pass right through them. Shining light on them with the Mirror Shield makes them take form."

Mind me, not an older iteration, but Wind Waker. And @glass, no, only the Poe sisters were like that in Majora's Mask. Link is capable of hitting others without problem unless they disappear.

I couldn't find any other enemies that use anything else that could be interpreted as Death Manipulation, so the only other thing I can think of is the fact that whenever he "dies", there isn't a gameover sequence, but rather, you appear back in front of the Mask Salesman, and he knows you have died.

These questions should really be asked to people who contributed to these pages and added said abilities/resistances.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
These questions should really be asked to people who contributed to these pages and added said abilities/resistances.
Yeah there's been like 500 edits made to ALTTP Link's profile. It'll take me an eternity to find whoever added the resistances in his profile.

All of the resistance edits are from me.

Idk why he's asking for explanations when I've listed literally every item and what they can do (sans things in BotW) in Composite Link's standard equipment, even discounting the blog.

Can you give me a link to the blog? I've been asking you that for quite some time.

The poison manipulation doesn't even look like it can be used for combat purposes, or hell, can't even be used for poisonous purposes.

Plant manipulation, same thing. The only thing link does with it is plant the seeds. That's like saying Humans have plant manipulation because we grow our plants.

Cloth manipulation doesn't even sound like an ability. It's just wearing clothes that give him different traits.

The portal creation should be noted that it can only work on specific spots.

the curse manipulation thing is a bit ludicrous since the links have been affected by demise's curse for a long time.

Like I said before, the mind thingy that the twilight mirror didn't even take full effect on link. Midna snatched it away before it could do anything to him. With Yeta, it took a bit of time before she was going crazy. Also from what's been listed in his mind hax resistance, it should be resistant to mind control due to both aghanim and majora have only shown to mind control the victim.

I've already said my two cents on the time resistance thing

I don't know about the existence erasure since if the guardian lasers were really made from the same material as the ancient arrow, then the grass and trees in the area wouldn't be on fire, they would just get erased. Also there's been ancient weapons you can collect in the game, and none of them erases any enemy. they just act like any other weapon in the game.

The move in stopped time thing also seems a bit iffy since Link was also in an area where breathing underwater wouldn't harm him thanks to the triforce.

>Poison

...and?

>Plant

He also uses the resulting plants as tools.

>Cloth

Yet that's pretty much what everyone in the Cloth Manipulation page has, if you're not from KLK or your name isn't Piccolo

>Portal

Fair enough...I think

>Curse

Demise>Ganondorf, and it just means Demise is more potent.

>Mind

It didn't take any effect, and it took practically no time for Yeta to get hax. In fact, Link was looking at the mirror with her and was perfectly fine. With mind manipulation resistance being mind control resistance, that's pure nitpicky semantics.

>Time

Same as above. Nitpicky semantics.

>Existence Erasure

Did you just use scenery as an argument? Also, game mechanics.

>Moving in stopped time

...and? If anything, it just grants more Links that ability if it's Triforce based.

The time thing isn't nit picky semantics when that's the ONLY thing that it has done. The plants aren't even that useful since he needs to time travel for it to grow and do whatever it does. The poison like I said, link can't use it at all for poisonous purposes. Do you have proof that Demise is more powerful that ganondorf? Then why does the cloth users that aren't KLK or piccolo even have it? Also it's not a nit picky semantic when there's nothing to prove that any of the ancient weapons that aren't the arrows does the same exact thing as the arrows.

So from what we've got:

ALTTP Link, Spirit Tracks Link, and Minish Cap Link stays the way it is.

The time manipulation should change.

curse manipulation should be removed since link has been affected by Demise's curse.

Poison should also be removed since the purple chu jelly can't be used for poisonous purposes.

Cloth manipulation should be removed as well since the only reason for it being there is the amoount of clothes link has, which makes no sense since the clothes just change his stats, and nothing shows link manipulating the cloths.

Plant manipulation should be removed.

and the portal thing should be explained a bit more.

Back