• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some possible forum downtime

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just a public information message regarding that the forum might have some hours of downtime later today, or maybe tomorrow, due to that our system manager will try to install a sandbox function for us, and also update all of our tags so they consistently use hyphens between words instead of underscores for better organisation.

For example:

This

should turn into this

That is all. I just don't want anybody to panic or get worried because they temporarily cannot access the forum.

Well, we can't promise anything.

I hope that our forum system manager will be able to create a sandbox function though.

We will not allow regular members or most staff to upload images to be stored directly in this forum, no. We do not have nearly as much legal protection as Fandom does, so I do not want us to take any risks in that regard.

I can live with this. And if this seems like a problem to anyone else, I would suggest using this downtime to catch up on one of your favorite shows, or pop in one of the games laying around in your backlog and try to polish it off.

You can only improve yourself in the long run if you apply yourself to the tasks you've been putting off until now.

Yeah, I suggested a feature of adding a Sandbox to the wiki forum to ease planning revisions and the like.
For those that are curious, it would be like having a forum board just for yourself, but not really, those that have been in the Smogon forums should already have an idea, as the idea is derivated from there.

Just to clarify, I am not sure when exactly that this downtime might happen. I thought that it was going to happen today, but it seems to be delayed until next week.

In any case, I wanted to give everybody a warning in advance.

We have a new Sandbox area now. I hope that it works sufficiently well for our purposes.

Last edited:
Well, I think that it was Bobsican's request technically, but you are welcome.

They are not supposed to at least, but it is possible that bureaucrats can. I am not sure, but probably not.

I mean it is YOUR sandbox. Character profile sandboxes are typically done by members on the wiki site, but no one is really stopping you from doing it here.

It is much better if the sandbox mode here is strictly used for properly preparing new revision threads without having to post them immediately.

Fandom uses very different code formatting so it is much more efficient if you prepare new profile pages in your sandboxes in the wiki instead.

I’m actually capable of writing a character or story in my sandbox on the forum and i can just copy it over to fc/oc battles wiki and the links automatically change to the appropriate place. And in general i feel more comfortable on editing stuff on my sandbox here then on the wiki, it just something i like to do.

Well, the automatic formatting would likely still not follow our standard source code format, so I think that it is best if you separate the wiki and the forum to their respective functions.

Last edited:
I actually tested it out and it works quite well. I’m not planning on creating any pages anyways it’s just something i do for fun. Obviously, when i wanna make something serious i go to the wiki. i just use the sandbox to quickly find ideas, and add them.

Okay. As long as you do not use the forum to prepare your wiki editing.

Back