• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some pokemon revisions

So I've finally caught up with the anime and I've some stuff to talk about.
Episode 65: the fight between champion iris and ash happened and ash won.
What does it have to do with anything?
Ash used Dracovish to KO Iris' Dragonite who not only was trained by her for a long while but also fought Ash's dragonite who beat a Mega Lucario after already clashing with a Mienshao. The dragonite that iris used was hurt but only ever so slightly.

Now why does it matter? You see after Ash caught Dracovish he never used it until episode 63 where he used it in a water race. By that episode, one that is 2 episodes prior to the battle, Ash didn't even know what moves it had besides water gun. Basically he pretty much didn't train it at all. He only knew the moves 2 episodes later and only used one of them, ice fang.

Dragonite was barely hurt from the previous battle and Dracovish restricted it and Ice fanged it, KOing a fully trained champion level dragonite without proper training.

Overall: Dracovish and Arctozolt should be buffed to 7-A by scaling off of full stage pokemon.

2. Psychic power range.
In episode 55 haru finds a book about galarian ponyta and rapidash and gets a vision about a ponyta besides a hurt Rapidash. After that Ash, Go and Haru go to galar luminois forest and there a ponyta meets haru while she's alone and leads her to the hurt Rapidash and basically she ends up helping them yada yada.
There is a "it was all a dream" bluff at the end but it is then revealed to not be reality as Ash and Go then come in and they have a pokemon they caught in the forest (which couldn't be caught anywhere besides galar and alola).

What i can gather from that is that Galarian Ponyta has possible Clairvoyance as she knew about Haru who had info on how to heal the rapidash and it needs to have Intercontinental range via telepathy which should scale to at least Galarian Rapidash.

Considering there's no specific ability that can let it create long range visions, we could scale this range to all Psychic pokemon that have telepathy and scale above Galarian Ponyta so likely all 2nd and 3rd evolutions.

TL;DR:
1-Dracovish, Arctozolt to 7-A
2-Clairvoyance and Telepathy with intercontinental range for G. Ponyta and Rapidash
-possible range update based on the point above for all psychich pokemon superior to Ponyta

7-A for Galar fossils seems fine. For what it's worth, the pokedex mentions Dracovish's and Dracozolt's strength, mentioning that Dracovish was an apex predator back in ancient times, but I'm not sure if we use pokedex entries for the Galarian fossils.

I haven't seen episode 55 and am not entirely sure what you mean. Could you be more specific as to why Galarian Ponyta would have a range of (I'm assuming) Hundreds of Kilometres?

It is only a "possibly has" and it seems that the ponyta sent the message to koharu and her eevee as both saw it after they opened the book. The reason why i think it is the ponyta because the message was about ponyta requiring help as rapidash was hurt and in galar ponyta came looking for kohary as if it knew her already, also to call her to help.
It is WAY more than 100km as Koharu was in Kanto (aka tokyo) and the Ponyta was in Galar (aka brittain)

This would only apply to telepathy.

I'm not sure about 7-A Galarian fossils, Trainer Pokemon in general tend to be stronger than average because they're trained kinda like Giovanni's Beedrill

I already explained why it's not trained at all. Ash literally didn't know it's moves 2 episodes prior. We use lvl 100 with perfect ivs and evs here.

I meam there's literally no counterfeats. It's considered competent, it matched a vaporeon in underwater speed (it's semi related) and it beat a very serious dragonite. Even haxorous needed two psycho cuts and a dragon pulse to the mouth to take it down.

I'm not gonna go against it anymore but I find the idea of a mon so deformed it can't even breathe on land is 7-A to be hilarious

The breathe on land part is kinda bs. I mean he literally walks around casually in the anime and has no problem. Or am i confusing sth here?

Either way most fossil pokemon are 7-A.

And about weird pokemon, we have a double ice cream that is 7-A, a ball that is 7-A and gears

Know anywhere I could watch the episode? Both sites I usually use don't have it.

Just watched it, I'm not too keen on scaling every psychic type to this but the G-Ponyta stuff is fine.

So,

7-A Dracovish and Arctozolt

Intercontinental range for G.Ponyta and G. Rapidash + possible clairvoyance and telepathy/illusion manipulation.

Btw Gyro, do you think it is telepathic messaging or illusion creation... Or both?

Back