• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some NNT Rescaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Baste Calculation​

In the revision thread, I explained my grievances with the Baste calculation. It was kind of ignored by all but a few.

Looking at the actual size, I think they may have exaggerated it at long distance. Close up, the room-sized windows aren't that big, and characters like Diane are even larger than the lower sections. Similarly, normal humans aren't absolutely dwarfed by the lower levels.

TL;DR Baste is drawn much larger from a distance. Although there's several panels of the larger depiction, the smaller size is way, way more consistent.

Rescaling and Upgrades​

Ban < Meliodas​

This is important for the rescaling. Bare with me until the end.

In the Danafor fight, it's stated that Meliodas' punches are equal to several of Ban's. Ban then proceeds to steal his strength and seemingly gain and advantage, but it's revealed to be a complete deception. Meliodas even continues pummelling Ban until almost the very last moment and withstands his punch in a virtually powerless state.

That being said, I don't think Ban is absolutely enormously below Meliodas in this particular scene. Ban is a glass cannon, and was making Meliodas bleed at a weaker level of power. You can soften up, but you can't outright lower your durability.

Also, Ban has a strength level of 930, while Meliodas' is 960. That might not mean much, though, because mini-Diane was comparable to Meliodas with a strength of 950.

Debunking some counter-arguments​

They've had numerous arm wrestling competitions

It's strongly implied that they were fooling around during all these competitions, which is substantiated by the fact that Meliodas was playfighting with Ban ever since he first met him. Keep in mind that Meliodas met Ban and started the count before he was was reduced to his BoS levels of power.

It's also explained in the Baste Arc that even Ban himself doesn't actually have a full grasp on Meliodas' power. So he was narratively holding back that whole time.

Edit: Meliodas' powers were stripped 10 years before the series, during the time that the Sins were expelled. Literally all of their counts, then, happened when Meliodas was unsealed.

Knights scaling

Most of the knights, including BoS Howzer and Slader (who seemingly gets stronger), are below Meliodas, despite the later having physical strength on Ban's level. The Dawn Roar (all of whom have weapons that are similar to Sacred Treasures, as is bog standard for Holy Knights by the time of Howzer's early years) were having a very tough against Dale, and Slader even admitted that a couple of them would be killed by his powered up state. Comparatively, Meliodas with Liz's weapon easily killed Dale at full power.

Since all Holy Knights inherently scale above their own physical strength due to having Sacred Treasure-like weaponry, the argument that people weaker than Ban have fought Meliodas (even though Meliodas himself fought Gilthunder and Hendrickson at the same time) is nullified.

There's probably more, but I just don't have the effort to explain all this scaling.

Rescaling​

My Ban calculation, which is just over 100 kilotons, was accepted here. However, I think Ban still has more than enough reason to scale to the Meliodas that split the mountain in two since it's literally an extremely casual airslash with a twig. Twigs aren't weapons that draw out full potential, they're blunt objects with hardly any mass, so aside from being casual, it would probably scale decently below even Meliodas' restrained punches or the strength he uses to harm people that Ban can harm.

As I said before, Meliodas' punches are equal to several of Ban's. Several often means 3-4, though some members have also pointed out that it can mean 2-11 with certain definitions. I'll just assume 3-4 for now because that's what we use for our Full Counter scaling and 3-4 is, in all honesty, more prominent than just "more than two".
  • Tree Calculation = 309 - 412 kilotons. Large Town level.
  • Twig Calculation = 590 - 787 kilotons. Large Town level+.
I'll go through the scaling if we end up accepting any of these ends.

Last edited:
I agree, the twig calculation is better,the 3 times should be used since that is the standard for "severel"

Last edited:
Here's the new scaling, then. Demon Mark Meliodas is no longer double normal Meliodas.

Ban = At least Large Town level (>>nearly 200 kt)

Meliodas = At least Large Town level+ (>>590 kt), Higher w/Demon Mark and Berserker Mode

Albion = At least Small City level (>>1.77 kt)

For Albion, he withstood (albeit with some damage) a Full Counter from Meliodas that increased his attack several-fold. Said attacks weren't comparable to his own durability, though, as he fires a much more powerful volley later that obliterates his body once it's Full Countered. They only scale to Arthur.

Grey Demon Hendrickson = At least Small City level (>>1.77 kt)

Hendrickson is on par with Albion.

Galand = At least Small City level, likely far higher

Even with a power level exceeding 10,000 via Berserker Mode, Meliodas couldn't even begin to scratch a weakened Galand with Lostvayne-amped darkness attacks. Comparatively, base Meliodas sliced through Albion's entire arm with air slashes alone.

To explain who'll scale to Ban and not Meliodas, there's actually a very simple way. We can just give Slader a pre-training and post-training key, since he trained with Gowther and Howzer. All members of the Dawn Roar, Gowther and suppressed Dale will then scale to Ban.

Speaking of Howzer, he was curbstomped by a non-serious mini-Diane, while normal Diane casually powered through his tornado. Red Demon Hendrickson also fatally wounded him and most of the Dawn Roar. So why's he capable of easily annihilating a Red Demon and severely wounding a Grey Demon in the Istar arc? Because he was stronger than before.

Last edited:
Here's the new scaling, then. Demon Mark Meliodas is no longer double normal Meliodas.

Meliodas = At least Large Town level+ (>>590 kt), Higher w/Demon Mark and Berserker Mode

Albion = At least Small City level (>>1.77 kt)

For Albion, he withstood (albeit with some damage) a Full Counter from Meliodas that increased his attack several-fold. Said attacks weren't comparable to his own durability, though, as he fires a much more powerful volley later that obliterates his body once it's Full Countered. They only scale to Arthur.

Grey Demon Hendrickson = At least Small City level (>>1.77 kt)

Hendrickson is on par with Albion.

Even with a power level exceeding 10,000 via Berserker Mode, Meliodas couldn't even begin to scratch a weakened Galand with Lostvayne-amped darkness attacks. Comparatively, base Meliodas sliced through Albion's entire arm with air slashes alone.

To explain who'll scale to Ban and not Meliodas, there's actually a very simple way. We can just give Slader a pre-training and post-training key, since he trained with Gowther and Howzer. All members of the Dawn Roar, Gowther and suppressed Dale will then scale to Ban.

Speaking of Howzer, he was curbstomped by a non-serious mini-Diane, while normal Diane casually powered through his tornado. Red Demon Hendrickson also fatally wounded him and most of the Dawn Roar. So why's he capable of easily annihilating a Red Demon and severely wounding a Grey Demon in the Istar arc? Because he was stronger than before.
Yeah i disagree with the full counter scaling you do not need to fully scale to an attack to survive it,
gray demon hendi who is equal to albion is just red demon hendi(weaker than meli, even ban can damage the guy) + a gray demon(weaker than meli) both him and albion should only scale to be twice as strong as meli to be honesty

Last edited:
Fair. I suppose they'd be like Small City level.

I'd argue that Red Demon Hendrickson is closer to Meliodas than Ban. Ban barely damaged him with a weapon, and RDH was weakening progressively due to taking damage (healing only closes the injury, it doesn't restore strength).

Gray Demon's are a little more unknown since we don't know their exact power levels in every scene. They range from 2,700-3,200.

I still think that albions, meli with lostvayne and gray demon hendi should scale to twice liz sword meli

With true chastiefol king being twice those guys since his magic power doubles albion

So the scaling looks like
Lostivayne meli,gray demon hand and albion: 1,08 megatons
King with true chastiefol: 2,16 megatons
Base gallan scales far above king ( we may discuss an concrete power for him later )

They wouldn't scale 2x Meliodas with normal weapons. They RDH had a normal weapon and Gray Demon Hendrickson was just an incremental boost.

Only King's power level was twice Albion's.

No.

New scaling.

Assuming Hendrickson is almost double Meliodas.

Grey Demon Hendrickson = Small City level (<1.18 mt)

Albion = Small City level (<1.18 mt)

Matrona = Small City level (>1.18 mt)

Post-Training Base Diane = Small City level (>>1.18 mt), Higher w/Gideon (One-shot an Albion)

Meliodas = At least Large Town level+ (>>590 kt), Higher w/Demon Mark, at least Small City level with Berserker Mode (Far superior to post-training Diane, Albion, Matrona, etc)

Even the weakest 10Cs should still be in this tier. All of the Commandments are described as a cataclysm compared to Gray Hendrickson, and they consider Albions as mere toys.

Also, I have some more stuff to discuss after the main points are concluded.

No.

New scaling.

Assuming Hendrickson is almost double Meliodas.

Grey Demon Hendrickson = Small City level (<1.18 mt)

Albion = Small City level (<1.18 mt)

Matrona = Small City level (>1.18 mt)

Post-Training Base Diane = Small City level (>>1.18 mt), Higher w/Gideon (One-shot an Albion)

Meliodas = At least Large Town level+ (>>590 kt), Higher w/Demon Mark, at least Small City level with Berserker Mode (Far superior to post-training Diane, Albion, Matrona, etc)

Even the weakest 10Cs should still be in this tier. All of the Commandments are described as a cataclysm compared to Gray Hendrickson, and they consider Albions as mere toys.

Also, I have some more stuff to discuss after the main points are concluded.
Ok, i agree with the scaling for now

Woops. Forgot about this thread completely. I'll talk about everything I was going to say.

Firstly, Meliodas' Danafor feat has bugged some people because it was done by Berserker Meliodas and not technically Demon Meliodas. I suggest putting a note in the profile to explain that the Berserker form doesn't actually increase his power, it just drew out some of the leftover strength before he was sealed.

Secondly, I was wondering if pre-training Diane should get Small City level with Gideon. Helbram, who's massively above Guila and Jericho, was initially able to match Berserker Meliodas (whose power increased enough to break out of the Goddess Amber and annihilate Guila), then amped his power with 20 Holy Knights, before getting severely outclassed by Meliodas' growing power, and proceeded to one-shot him with some of Hendrickson's strength. Yet, Gideon far outclassed this same Helbram while the link was still up (it shuts down after the hit).

Edit: Probably not due to Grey Hendrickson scaling. So never mind here.

Third, Demon Meliodas was able to cave in a weakened Hendrickson's stomach, while King and Gideon couldn't do anything to him (only Ban was able to pull his arm out of his socket with Snatch). So Meliodas > Gideon.

The other points I had, in hindsight, don't really matter. They're just some scans that support some ratings and what not.

Also, on another note, was Meliodas weakened when he destroyed Ban at the festival? Demon regen doesn't restore lost strength.

Last edited:
Firstly, Meliodas' Danafor feat has bugged some people because it was done by Berserker Meliodas and not technically Demon Meliodas. I suggest putting a note in the profile to explain that the Berserker form doesn't actually increase his power, it just drew out some of the leftover strength before he was sealed.

Secondly, I was wondering if pre-training Diane should get Small City level with Gideon. Helbram, who's massively above Guila and Jericho, was initially able to match Berserker Meliodas (whose power increased enough to break out of the Goddess Amber and annihilate Guila), then amped his power with 20 Holy Knights, before getting severely outclassed by Meliodas' growing power, and proceeded to one-shot him with some of Hendrickson's strength. Yet, Gideon far outclassed this same Helbram while the link was still up (it shuts down after the hit).

Edit: Probably not due to Grey Hendrickson scaling. So never mind here.

Third, Demon Meliodas was able to cave in a weakened Hendrickson's stomach, while King and Gideon couldn't do anything to him (only Ban was able to pull his arm out of his socket with Snatch). So Meliodas > Gideon.

The other points I had, in hindsight, don't really matter. They're just some scans that support some ratings and what not.

Also, on another note, was Meliodas weakened when he destroyed Ban at the festival? Demon regen doesn't restore lost strength.
I would like to ask some questions
1: didn't meliodas have a more complete demon mark when he destroyed danafor?
2: where does the 3× multiplier for assault mode came from?
3: why upscale base zeldris and estarossa from danafor destruction ? , they are both weaker than even pre-revival meliodas
4: continuing from point 3 the current scaling chain has two upscales stacked on top of each other, a thing who got rejected many times for other verses like fairy tail

No. In the side story, he was protecting Elizabeth and had a more complete Demon Mark. He's shown to be in the berserker form when he actually destroys Danafor in the manga and that other (badly drawn) chapter.

Escanor could tank his Full Counter'ed attack like a light breeze, and Meliodas was obliterating this same Escanor. Tbh, I've always kind of had a huge problem for this because the explosion was large enough to hit both of them, so it's subject to inverse-square law.

This wasn't Pre-Revival Meliodas. This Meliodas explicitly had the same power level as when he fought Drole and Gloxinia.

I don't know. What's the context behind Fairy Tail?

Last edited:
No. In the side story, he was protecting Elizabeth and had a more complete Demon Mark. He's shown to be in the berserker form when he actually destroys Danafor in the manga and that other (badly drawn) chapter.

Escanor could tank his Full Countered attack like a light breeze, and Meliodas was obliterating this same Escanor. Tbh, I've always kind of had a huge problem for this because the explosion was large enough to hit both of them, so it's subject to inverse-square law.

This wasn't Post-Revival Meliodas. This Meliodas had the same power level as when he fought Drole and Gloxinia.

I don't know. What's the context behind Fairy Tail?
Ah, ok

Full-counter damage gotta be one of the most inconsistent thing in the verse

The meliodas who fought gloxinia and dolor had a power level of 56000 even while surpressed and not even trying to kill either of them, that is already very close to zeldris and estarossa 61000 and 60000 power levels, meliodas also was able to send zeldris flying , meliodas durability has also strong enough to resist the attacks who comprise revenge counter, something who could have killed all the commandments present

A guy tried to upscale a character whose rating alread came from an upscale and got rejected twice by staff like mitch and tempest

I don't remember that specifically, but Meliodas has his Berserker form in all the scenes in the Druid temple where he destroys Danafor.

I terms of actual effect, definitely. Derieri tanked Estarossa's Full Counter, but would have been vaporized if Meliodas hadn't held back against Monspeet's blast. The multiplier is very consistent, though.

Drole could actually make him bleed at one point. He's definitely below Demon Meliodas, but not significantly. Also, Derieri is pretty close in terms of power level.

Meliodas did the exact same thing to Grey Hendrickson, despite being physically inferior.

Ok, then.

Drole could actually make him bleed at one point. He's definitely below Demon Meliodas, but not significantly. Also, Derieri is pretty close in terms of power level.
Yeah my main thing is that zeldris and estarrosa have not show enough to warrant an upscale they power levels are very close to even a supressed meliodas

One more thing why does prime mael only scales to prime meliodas with the one, it is stated many times that mael and prime meliodas were equal, hell even ludociel is comparated to prime meliodas

Last edited:
They're 60 & 61 k respectively, which is above Meliodas when he destroyed Danafor, but I've always agreed they shouldn't be Island level.

On this note, I remembered another point I was going to bring up. Basically, Zeldris at no point in the series isn't amped by the Demon King in some capacity. There's even a chapter where Estarossa is blatantly superior to God-amped Zeldris (something that Cusack said earlier), showing that these amps can be miniscule.

Idk. We had it as Near Noon scaling to Demon Meliodas before (the two outright fought on par with each other in one of the side stories).

Ludoshel being equal to Meliodas doesn't really make that much sense. Meliodas' Demon Mode alone terrified Ludoshel, he put up a worse performance against the Induras than Elizabeth (the statement you're referring to also says Elizabeth is equal to him), Nabaka contradicts this himself, and Ludoshel admitted that he's weaker than Near-Noon Mael.

They're 60 & 61 k respectively, which is above Meliodas when he destroyed Danafor, but I've always agreed they shouldn't be Island level.

On this note, I remembered another point I was going to bring up. Basically, Zeldris at no point in the series isn't amped by the Demon King in some capacity. There's even a chapter where Estarossa is blatantly superior to God-amped Zeldris (something that Cusack said earlier), showing that these amps can be miniscule.

Idk. We had it as Near Noon scaling to Demon Meliodas before (the two outright fought on par with each other in one of the side stories).

Ludoshel being equal to Meliodas doesn't really make that much sense. Meliodas' Demon Mode alone terrified Ludoshel, he put up a worse performance against the Induras than Elizabeth (the statement you're referring to also says Elizabeth is equal to him), Nabaka contradicts this himself, and Ludoshel admitted that he's weaker than Near-Noon Mael.
Yeah the problem is that meli 56k power comes from him fighting gloxinia and dolor while being surpressed and not going all out ,
And the difference being too small for a 1 gigaton upscale

Mael not being on assault mode meli does bot make any sense for me, mael curbstomped full demon mark zeldris who is comparable to full demon mark meliodas in the new movie, he also curbstomped the original sinner who is a fusion of two guys stronger than zeldris, and them you have noon mael matching assault mode meliodas...

No, it comes from the guidebook. I agree with you on the upscale, though.

The problem is the new movie, unless Zeldris increased his powers in the interim between the series and the movie. Demon Meliodas and Ban were both about on par with each other when fighting the Zeldris Demon King (who's way stronger than the Zeldris that went up against Mael), and Ban was the only one able to harm the Meliodas Demon King.

No, it comes from the guidebook. I agree with you on the upscale, though.

The problem is the new movie, unless Zeldris increased his powers in the interim between the series and the movie. Demon Meliodas and Ban were both about on par with each other when fighting the Zeldris Demon King (who's way stronger than the Zeldris that went up against Mael), and Ban was the only one able to harm the Meliodas Demon King.
1: Oh i was wrong, sorry

2: Danm you retcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back