• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some new keys for Captain Marvel/Shazam

I don't see the problem with another Key but what level was the Spector portaid as in this Storyline?.

That is the problem. I do not know the Spectre so well to know if it was well represented, I only know it from VSBW, so I brought the facts to be discussed.

I would also like to use this topic to talk about the current Captain Marvel, since he is with a new pantheon of Gods seducing his powers and this gave a great upgrade in the character. We might need a Key for that version too.

Well, it was an extremely brief power-up, and likely also an outlier.

If it was a powerful, then I don't mind it being a key. You can't exactly claim a one-time appearance is an outlier, nor new forms.

Of course, I'd like to hear the opinions of others first.

Well, what makes things complicated is that the Spectre was not shown at anywhere near level 2-A in this story, so it seems uncertain if Captain Marvel scales or not.

@Ant

That doesn't really sound like reason to deny an upgrade.

It's like if we went "Goku wasn't shown anywhere near 3-A during the Future Trunks Saga" and not scale Goku Black or Zamasu to him.

So?

It's still denying feats for no reason other than "They never showed them in this particular scene".

That's not the same Spector that was fighting the Anti Monitor, by your logic every time we see the Spector in any storyline but he shows no feats it has to be the 2-A version.

"Not the same Spectre"

So all stories with the Spectre are isolated from each other and can't be scaled between in any way even though they're all part of the same overarching universe?

Okay. Never mind. Feel free to create a 2-A key then.

So why do we have those notes on The Spectre's page that state he usually it much lower and was boosted when he fought the Anti Monitor?

If all Spectres are the same one then this should be removed from his profile.

He is usually much lower. He varies enormously in power depending on the storyline.

Alright so if it's the same one but he varies in power in different story lines and the 2-A version was boosted when fighting the Anti Monitor why would we create a 2-A key for Shazam for fighting someone that changes in power in different stories? Is this the 2-A boosted version that fought the Anti Monitor? If so fine but if he wasn't depicted as that powerful and has a history of ranging in power between stories why would we use his 2-A version here, or is he normally 2-A on average?

I'm just going off of his page, if 2-A Spectre is legit his standard then I'm fine with it.

Okay. Feel free to adjust the footnote in the Spectre page then.

I think that he is back to normal now, and we have no way of quantifying his state when he was not.

Because it is extremely hard to properly gauge his degree of power when he had different deities empowering him.

We have no clear demonstrations of the scale of his power, so it seems best to ignore this version of him.

Has the Day of Vengeance key been added to his page?

I think Day of Vengeace have be add, I mean, Hercules 1-B key was be add and just have one history with this. Its similar

Back