• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some additions to the standard format for characters profile

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
The additions are very simple. First addition is to bold the rating of Intelligence, Stamina and Range. Bold words are easy to identify and all ratings in the profile are bolded. We now have staminas ratings so it's easy.

We also should bold "types" of abilities, such as, for example, "Acausality (Type 4)", same goes for regeneration Tier.

Second addition is to separate combat intelligence from the regular one, we should call as "academic" intelligence. Some characters are combat genius but actually very dumb when we talk about regular stuff, like idk, school and such things. Example.

The first two make sense, but it's unthinkable to edit all the already existing profiles, so it depends on whether or not we want to accept inconsistencies.

The latter can just be encouraged, and many profiles already make this distinction but in a different way, as sometimes battle intelligence is the only notable thing, or the character doesn't have enough material to justify tabbers.

I agree with all. Especially bolding the stats - intelligence, stamina, etc. Never understood why we don't do that

Neutral on Ability types. Saitama's Profile is bolding the Abilities themselves and I think it looks nice.

Didn't know we allowed bullet list for abilities.
It's a slow process for adding them in.

I meant to make a few more CRT's getting them applied to other characters. The bullet list + bolding for Garou's page which I suggested really is an improvement over what it was before. The second tab's Resistances section is also enhanced by the bolding.

EDIT: Making a distinction between types of Intelligence looks good to me.

Bolding the specific words for Stamina and Intelligence ratings too. Range too makes sense.

Second addition is to separate combat intelligence from the regular one, we should call as "academic" intelligence. Some characters are combat genius but actually very dumb when we talk about regular stuff, like idk, school and such things. Example.
This is fine in concept, but I believe this should only apply to cases where enough information is available to justify making the distinction between the two through tabbers; the exception not the rule.

The additions are very simple. First addition is to bold the rating of Intelligence, Stamina and Range. Bold words are easy to identify and all ratings in the profile are bolded. We now have staminas ratings so it's easy.

We also should bold "types" of abilities, such as, for example, "Acausality (Type 4)", same goes for regeneration Tier.
Okay with anything that improves the readability of clutter, I've been tampering with italics in a similar fashion, as seen here.

I meant to make a few more CRT's getting them applied to other characters. The bullet list + bolding for Garou's page which I suggested really is an improvement over what it was before. The second tab's Resistances section is also enhanced by the bolding.
I think it became too big, what about this?
This is fine in concept, but I believe this should only apply to cases where enough information is available to justify making the distinction between the two through tabbers; the exception not the rule.
Sure, I agree.

I think it became too big, what about this?

That would be useful for some characters I foresee, though I think we'd have to make the scrollbox a lot longer / higher vertically. I don't think Garou's page needs any changing at the moment but we'll see.

Look at Luffy's intelligence section and look at the source

It has
<div class="scrollable" style="overflow:auto; max-height:500px; width:{{{width|100%}}}; -moz-border-radius-topleft:0.5em; border:1px solid #AAAAAA; padding-left:0.5em; background:transparent;">

Surrounding both sides of the message.

Do that with the abilities

The same way the Intelligence is going to include a tabber separating "Academic Intelligence" and "Combat Intelligence", should there also be a tabber in the Stamina section separating the "Energy exertion", "Pain tolerance", and "Injury tolerance" traits listed under the Stamina page, sorta like this page?

I don't really like any of those, tbh.

Like, for the intelligence section there are many more types of intelligence than just academic and combat. In general the intelligence section just needs detailed explanations. Separating those explanations into multiple parts IMO doesn't help.

I disagree with bolding the types. Bolded text attracts the eyes. It's for the most important details. However, Types are secondary in importance to the abilities in itself. So bolding types but not bolding the ability makes no sense in my opinion.

When it comes to bolding the ratings... maybe. I always assumed they weren't bolded as they were of secondary importance and because stamina and intelligence, even today, has no real standardized rankings. I mean, for all intents and purposes a stamina and intelligence section doesn't even need a word to bold.
So we could do it, but we also could not do it... and there is basically no gain in putting in the work. And I like the profiles to have a somewhat consistent design.

I largely agree with DontTalk, but to elaborate a bit:

I am neutral about whether we should bold the official Intelligence, Stamina, and possibly Range statistics, if mainly for the reason that it would take a lot of time to implement. However, I agree about that doing so might be useful and would likely not cause any harm.

I definitely do not think that we should bold part of the contents of the powers and abilities sections.

I think that we already have instructions in our Intelligence page that clear great discrepancies between different areas, such as scientific, combat, and common sense, should be mentioned, but it is possible that we need to further clarify it.

Back