• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante never used Sparda's power to seal Mundus.Sparda's powers weren't even in play or implied to be involved here.The only power here is from Trish and the little energy Dante has which is eactly the menu says.Sparda's power is not involved here.

That might be talking about their fight, since Dante only stood a chance against Mundus thanks to Sparda Sword

But yeah, if we take that as literall, it was a 3-A sealing a 3-A

DMC5 and it's retcons I ******* swear.This is probably the worst one considering the entire scene/in-game showings/menus and everything contradicts this but what can you do besides accepted it.

While it is outlandish, I think it makes more sense that Dante ended up inheriting Sparda's sealing after taking his form and just needed to be energized in order to be able to activate it.

Well, more sense than DMC1 Dante having such an OP power throughout the entire campaign without any reason.

Just checked and the other 2 versions of History of DMC also says it too, dunno about the japanese version but I assume it says the same thing as well.I guess it makes more sense powerscaling wise and all so it's cool.Either way, what does this change for this match up eactly.

So his Sealing depends on Sparda ?

This would make some changes tho, in DMC1 he should have "Sealing (with Devil Sword Sparda)" and then only have Sealing in 5

Nothing much, actually. Just pointing out.

Also, while out-of-topic, I think Dante being boosted after taking Sparda's form helps explain the insane power creep after DMC1 much more nicely than "he just trained with fodders and spells and then became able to casually destroy Mundus-level badasses".

Dante takes his father's form, which acts as a sort of booster and potential unlock to his blood or something, and thus helps him reach his natural prime.

Dante Demon Killah said:
So his Sealing depends on Sparda ?
This would make some changes tho, in DMC1 he should have "Sealing (with Devil Sword Sparda)" and then only have Sealing in 5
How would we explain sealing in DMC3?

It looks exactly like DMC1's sealing except with different colors and forced Arkham back into the human world and Sparda's power back into the Force Edge so I think it's sealing

I think I've got to go for Dante FRA as well. I feel bad about almost always voting for him in Versus Matches, but looking at the discussion so far I think he's got this.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, what is Sol's win/con here then? Seeing as Dante apparently got a buff in his resistance.
With speed equal, Sol can't put Dante down. With speed unequal, Dante can't even hope to touch Sol.
Apparently this sealing is a form of Time Manipulation which Dante Resists. So, Sol still lacks a wincon.

wait, does Sol have a proper win con? Because his information flare likely doesn't work and that was his main win con along with the possible AP advantage.Sol needs a win condition.

@ShiroyashaGinSan

Yeah, what Dragonmasterxyz said.According to the information manipulation page, high level information manipulation is just reality warping and Sol's information manipulation is on that level but Dante already resists that type of manipulation of his body, mind and soul on a universal level (except the body part).Another thing is the information flare caused by the Backyard doesn't sound like universal level info hax.It sounds more like a person taking in that much information destroy's them and not that the Backyard is manipulating the person's body,mind and soul based off your explanation.

The information manipulation on one hand sounds like it's on the level of reality warping and on the other hand not actual information manipulation, it's confusing.

Yea, that's why I imagine really high information manipulation is considered reality warping which can do basically anything

That's the same as saying law hax is just reality warping and can be resisted with normal reality warping resistance. And if it is, the type of Reality Warping Dante resists differs, it's not the same.

No, Information Flares don't manipulate body, mind and soul. It's Backyard that does this. Yes, it is, because Information Flare is Universal ranged and it rewrites information on that scale.

Goddamit, do I need to make a GG blog?

Wait, so, would this match be put on standby until the blog is made? As Dante Demon Killah mentioned, we're now on grace. Should we just wait for the blog?

I don't think we need to wait for the blog but it would help to know how exactly Sol's win condition works but apparently it's only with Dragon Install which it seems Sol is extremely reluctant or unlikely to use so there might be no change in the outcome even with the explanation.

@Schnee One

The information flares are pretty self explanatory, atleast for me because they basically cover tons of sub powers like PI in Blazblue, in Guilty Gear Magic is basically just Info hax and Information is what makes up almost everything, the Backyard, the Real World etc.

@Dienomite22

Just because a character is reluctant to use the wincon, doesn't mean he doesn't have a wincon, this was talked about in another thread

LightinAnt said:
@Dienomite22

Just because a character is reluctant to use the wincon, doesn't mean he doesn't have a wincon, this was talked about in another thread
That's what I was saying, the point was Dante is likely to still win regardless if Sol's wincon is explained so there probably isn't a need to halt this thread for the blog.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well until we know how it works, Sol lacks a wincon.
Sol can transmutate via information flare, which if i'm not blind, Dante doesn't resist. Even if he did, Dante doesn't resist pure Info hax

Veloxt1r0kore said:
While waiting there is Elphelt vs Android 21 running, can't link it due on mobile but check it on GG sectio
Elphelt? Really? Not who I would have pictured fighting 21 but it's kind of a stomp anyway. DB is so much higher in 3-A than GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back