• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So this profile...

One of the two translators said this on the novels NU comment section.

"(Btw, it was me who put that note at the beginning saying that every single mistake is ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL)"

It also says something about the mistakes on the beginning of the chapters, so either the grammar is intentional by the translators or its the author.

@Thatonwgiy78

"Korea's renowned fantasy author, Lee Young Do (wrote Esoril's Dragon, The Bird Who Drinks Tears, and Dragon Raja), praised it for criticizing many of the novels in Korea that are becoming generic."

@OPMasada That is an association fallacy, that just because both series has bad writing, they are equally undeserving of having profiles on here, despite the fact that one while making use of large numbers is in no way impossible to rate, the other absolutely cannot be made sense of, and has nonsensical things like beyond omnipotence.

ZackMoon1234 said:
One of the two translators said this on the novels NU comment section.

"(Btw, it was me who put that note at the beginning saying that every single mistake is ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL)"

It also says something about the mistakes on the beginning of the chapters, so either the grammar is intentional by the translators or its the author.

@Thatonwgiy78

"Korea's renowned fantasy author, Lee Young Do (wrote Esoril's Dragon, The Bird Who Drinks Tears, and Dragon Raja), praised it for criticizing many of the novels in Korea that are becoming generic."
"This is perhaps one of the most famous webnovels out there in Korea… for being so bad. It's marked as the representative of the seven forbidden texts, and it's also the very first webnovel to get a comic adaption… I don't even k-" from the Novel updates sites

https://ensjtrans.com/2016/05/28/invisible-dragon-chapters-1-9-20020725/

I don't even know what in the HFIl is this web novel

OpMasada said:
It feels like accepting Composite Tree because I wrote a 5 minute book on it and sold it on amazon. But I give up, i'll just see what happens from here.
I don't see the problem with that. There's various "perfect organisms" in fiction that are composites of several things and we don't reject them.

The novel is two years long going from 7/22 2002 to 7/25 2004

The spelling/grammar are likely intentional, it is also the very first webnovel to get a comic adaption, and was criticized by a renowned Korean fantasy author for criticizing many of the novels in Korea that are becoming generic. (Just going off of the sypnosis)

(NOTE:Every single mistake in this story is ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL)

The sypnosis "The story's about the strongest dragon the invisible dragon moving to the other world" and "An invisible dragon kills everything." are legit though.

He goes to another world (earth) at 2/3rd chapter and went and conquers and destroys universes at the last 10 chapters and never forgot about Colbob who abused him once when he was a kid.

The author intended for him to kill everything but the author made him weak cause he'd become too strong - Ending parts of chap 50

Matthew Schroeder said:
This Invisible Dragon thing is not legitimate fiction. It barely qualifies as such
In this case, I can claim that Lord of the Rings is not a legitimate fiction because I think it is bad? Both are essentially books with the difference being that a larger amount of people like Lord of the Rings as contrasting with The Invisible Drago - the latter of which being less favored.

Verses like this one are allowed in spite of them most likely being considered low quality in the eyes of many individuals, but that still does not mean that anyone with enough knowledge of it can still contribute enough information to have profiles of the said verse being made.

So, as long as we have enough information to support the statistics that it has (Or will have), it would probably be fine.

I agree with Matthew. In case this work has no notability, logical coherence, or quality of writing to speak of, we shouldn't feature it within our wiki. It would set a bad precedent.

It would open the doors for allowing almost kindergarten level writing of works that are known and liked by almost nobody, simply because they have been self-published. It counts more as fan-characters than professional creations.

So...if a verse is a complete incoherent mess, it can still be accept as long as it's popular? Popularity = Legitimacy now?

I do not at all condone not accepting a verse due to its quality alone. Because lots of franchises here are terrible yet because they are popular they get accepted so that doesn't fly with me. There's verses we even need rules and guidelines for because their scaling is so inconsistent. We need to be objective in our standards, not subjective. Why are people bringing up Big Rigs or Suggsverse?

Big Rigs isn't even applicable. Why would a truck have a profile, it's not a weapon? Suggsverse? Suggs buys his own books, they aren't legit or even self published for that matter. It also breaks our tiering system so it can't be allowed here.

A feat is a feat, regardless of how ridiculous it is. As long as it's not PIS, a hyperbolic statement masked as a feat, an anti-feat, or an outlier, it's a feat.

Now then, if the verse is an utter incoherent mess, then that's the reason it can't be here, not "it's terribad quality, so no dice". I'm not even arguing for the verse to be accepted here either, I actually know of it and it's some of the worse garbage I've ever seen in my life, but that's not the reason it shouldn't be here.

Verse acceptance is not based on quality of writing, but the ability to actually index its characters and weapons as consistently and as accurately as we possibly can. Of course, we only do notable works of fiction, not fan or original characters, joke characters, etc.

It is the combination of being an incoherent mess of kindergarten level writing and lacking any form of notability that disqualifies this fiction from our wiki. We have to draw the line somewhere, or we will eventually be flooded with poorly thought out fan characters.

Back