• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, Medaka's "The Hero"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ihiko and Medaka for sure, surprisingly not Ajimu though. There may be more.

Just Medaka and Iihiko as far as I know.

Don't think anyone else in the series got that treatment.

Just checked all of the Medaka Box files with Control+F "The Hero", and I can confirm that the only two that have it mentioned on their file are Medaka and lihiko.

Iihiko's good. Remember to get rid of the bit about plot manip as well, since that stems from The Hero.

Edited Medaka but didn't touch the matches because I dunno what will be of those.

The one's involving the hero in any means should probably get the axe.

@Matt I think Moon Level is actually consistent because the moon is indeed gone after that.

Double checked it. It's all ok except for Iihiko still having the Plot Manip key down there. Other than that, everything is fine in both profiles when it comes to this subject.

Thank you all for the input!

For me, this thread can be closed.

The matches where "the hero" was active need to be checked. And delete the specification where "the hero" was restricted, as the people with this ablility don't have it anymore.

AlexSoloVaAlFuturo said:
The matches where "the hero" was active need to be checked. And delete the specification where "the hero" was restricted, as the people with this ablility don't have it anymore.
Did that

I see Lihiko got upgraded, i wonder if Matthew ok with it. It seems it was made to support Medaka moon level dura [not striking], but we said that is vague.

Another issue I can see with her profile is what's after her durability. Also, Immortality, Regenerationn, All Fiction and The Encounter make her virtually impossible to kill).

Shouldn't it get changed from "Virtually impossible" to simply "Very difficult to kill." ? The former seems wanked.

I can start looking through threads that used plot manip as reasoning for winning, incon, or not stomping.

Looks like the matches that need removal are: (Will be updated as I go through them)

Wins
Probably Kittan, though this one could be remade as it seems fair

Losses
Nihilus (Not related to plot, but we don't allow passive wins anymore)

1440 (Not related to plot, but with higher dimensional immortality this is now a stomp)

Probably Aitair

Jill Presto (Higher dimensional Immortality)

Inconclusive
Looks good to me.

Also would like to note that a lot of these matches seem to operate under the implicit assumption that Medaka is bloodlusted, so that may need to be evaluated as well.

Yeah, just looked at it

Her Scar is still good enough to give her an advantage

I disagree with it being removed. I take it you didn't look at the thread where this initially got added since this was addressed. And you also grievously misrepresented how it is used in vs threads. No one, except a certain Firey Boi claims that No Limits Fallacy Interpretation of the ability. No one actually thinks she can defeat a character on that level, it has limits like any other power.

Literally in the thread where it was added we said it wasn't a skill, or any power like that. Way to strawman my guy.

I dont see how the status coming from in her verse would disqualify her from applying. Not that she would win every match, but its like Authority in the Nasuverse. It just comes from a status of being able to do something due to a possision in the hierarchy.

We had actually mentioned Kumagawa's weird status were he loses fights he obviously should have won, but decided to leave it out in the end.

Yes, they say Ajimu is sick, but she isnt wrong in the end. The point of the original reason why it was added to her profile was that it has enough properties in the actual verse to be added as an actual power. There are powers in universe that specifically counter it, and whole plot lines that are about getting around it. Its just like Monika wakimg up in her game, and abusing her status as a game character and hacking the game. Its passive plot manipulation. Nothing More. Nothing Less

If you want to say that it shouldnt be applied in threads at all, thats fine, but it should at least be left on her profile.

Wasn't the proof of the ability that Iihiko managed to easily defeat Najimi, despite the latter being far more powerful?

Then again, long ago I did write a story in which the main antagonist legitimately had passive plot manipulation that always allowed him to win as an actual in-story power, so I may just read too much into this.

Yeah, part of it is that the ability has actual in universe ramifications that let far weaker character win against ones that would otherwise be far stronger. Iihiko's powers only worked because he had The Hero, and at the very least they function as an enhancement when it calls for it. The story even says that his status is why he won. Its just like any other form of plot manipulation, only its passive.

I agree with this 100%,also WELCOME BACK FATE-CHAN~!!!!

>Medaka vs Altair might be removed

Bu...but....that's an really good match....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back