• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Snoke Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose raising Snoke from 7-B to High 7-A for 3 main reasons:

1. Luke considers Snoke such a threat that he reactively pulls a lightsaber on his own nephew when he sees that he might be under Snoke's control. Keep in mind that Luke is pretty much at his peak when he does this.

2. Snoke links Rey and Kylo's minds without any apparent strain. Kylo tells Rey that the strain would kill her if she was the one who had done so, showing that the act of using such a Force power would kill an untrained City level Force user, and at least greatly strain a trained Force user of this caliber. Yet Snoke does so with little to no apparent effort.

3. Snoke casually overpowers Rey. Without even trying, sometimes without even looking at her, he consistently ragdolls and controls her with the Force, which should put him well above her level.

1. That was Luke being paranoid over Kylo falling to the Dark Side.

2. Still 7-B. It's just a specific power anyway, doesn't have to work with power.

3. Still 7-B.

No. Snoke is a scrub who got one-shot by his apprentice.

"Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Supreme Leader Snoke the Jobber?

I thought not, it's not a story Disney would tell you. It's a Legends fandom legend.

Snoke was a Supreme Leader of the First Order, so weak and pathetic he could use the plot to influence the audience to create... disappointment. He had such knowledge of the Red Herring, he could even keep himself from being the main villain.

The Disney side of Star Wars is a pathway to many plot points some may consider... terrible.

He became so weak... the only thing he was afraid of was being the center point, which eventually, of course, he wasn't. Fortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his throne.

Ironic.... He could save others from Disney... But not himself."

"... Is it possible to learn of this disappointment?"

"... Not from the Legends EU."

I'm honestly surprised to see Snoke at 7-B in the first place, and what's up with his Galactic range? Shouldn't it be Interstellar?

The Everlasting said:
1. That was Luke being paranoid over Kylo falling to the Dark Side.

2. Still 7-B. It's just a specific power anyway, doesn't have to work with power.

3. Still 7-B.
1. Luke attempted to turn Vader who was essentially under Palpatine's control without any apparent hangups as to doing so whatsoever. To drive Luke to such paranoia as to consider killing a family member (who is the son of his best friend to boot and hasn't even committed any atrocities at this point, btw), a Dark Side user would have to be comparable to Palpatine, or even stronger considering how pants-shittingly afraid Luke seems to be.

2. Power and training would both play into it, and Snoke is established as pretty powerful.

3. Being casually above a 7-B warrants an at least 7-B rating.

4. Main bads of the series are rated High 7-A, and with the stakes of each trilogy honestly remaining fairly consistent, it's not too unreasonable to have all highly-skilled/trained big bads like Dooku, Vader, and Snoke be on the same level.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

1. That moment was horribly OOC for Luke anyway, it barely counts for anything, let's be real.

2. Training in the use of Force Bond does not make Snoke stronger.

3. As I said above, 7-B canon is baseless anyway.

4. Not an argument. Snoke is practically featless except for "Much stronger than Kylo and Rey" who are pretty featless themselves.

Snoke might receive a downgrade actually, and not an upgrade.

And to address Point 1: Snoke is scared of Luke, not the other way around. Luke is only afraid of the death and destruction that a Dark Side turned Ben could unleash. He's not scared of Snoke's power, but his influence on young Ben.

Eficiente said:
I'm honestly surprised to see Snoke at 7-B in the first place, and what's up with his Galactic range? Shouldn't it be Interstellar?
He has literally showcased that kind of range. While presumably still in the Unknown Regions, he telekinetically manhandled Armitage Hux, who in was in orbit above D'qar, tens of thousands of light-years away. Then there is his Force bond fuckery with Reylo.

The Everlasting said:
7-B Canon Star Wars is completely baseless, tbh.
It's another '+' sign goof up with the OBD and here. They have Dooku and others who scale from him at a level which would be equivalent to 7-A over here. They just use the rating "City level+" for it instead of "Large City level" or "Mountain level". I think they put him at this level based on him briefly fighting with Yoda and not getting the shit kicked out of him quickly.

Another similar example of such a goof up: Upper A-class characters from Yu Yu Hakusho over there are at "Island level+" when it would be "Large Island level" per our system (triple digit Gigatons). This was rectified only relatively recently here.

Yeah. Talzin (with voodoo), Palpatine, Yoda all have galactic range feats in canon. How exactly would Snoke's feat be outlier when there are numerous ones before?

Eficiente said:
Going to Cantonica should have taken months, right?
I see that you are not familiar with Hyperdrive classes.

Journey time across the astronomical distances in Star Wars depends on hyperdrive class. The lower the Hyperdrive class number, the faster the hyperdrive.

A Class 1 or Class 2 hyperdrive can take you halfway across the galaxy in as little as several hours or at most a day. A Class 5 hyperdrive would take several days to make that journey. Hyperdrives rated in the double digits would take months.

Most capital ships and hyperdrive equipped starfighters have hyperdrives of Class 1 or 2. The shuttle which Finn and Rose used to travel to Cantonica most likely has a Class 1 or 2 hyperdrive. The Libertine yacht which DJ stole belongs to a wealthy Sienar-Jaemus executive and most likely has at least a Class 1 hyperdrive if not Class 0.8 or 0.5 (assuming it was a custom job).

TheOwnMagic said:
Has't Snoke's actor said that he was stronger than Vader and Palpatine? Can it be considered WoG?

No, maybe he was planned to be a such, but it turned out that he is considerably weaker than them.

TheOwnMagic said:
Has't Snoke's actor said that he was stronger than Vader and Palpatine? Can it be considered WoG?
Nope. We absolutely should not consider statements from the sequel trilogy actors as Word of God. Hux's actor didn't know his characters first name. And I highly doubt Serkis is knowledgeable about Star Wars lore.

I will believe only the following people if they say Snoke is as powerful as or more so than Vader and Palpatine:

Pablo Hidalgo

Dave Filoni

George Lucas (who continues to consult and write lore for this trilogy and other Star Wars films)

Or if Canonical material does establish that he is that powerful.

Plus Last Jedi kinda shows Snoke blatantly isn't on Palpatine's Level. What with Kylo one shooting him and everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back