• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMT vs Digimon

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Yep, you heard it. After so many Digimon upgrades, maybe they can overthrow the SMT cast from their position?

Fight till one of the verses stand. Win by any means.

Any Tier 1 form is restricted. This fight caps at High 2-A

Go!

Well, YVHV tier 2 is 2-A, while digimon possesses High 2-A beings with a lot of hax and resistance..

What's the point in restricting the tier 1 to make the fight fair if you don't restrict the High 2-A?

Yeah, until the Digimon Writers decide to tell us the exact amount of Higher Dimensions instead of hyping them up....SMT IV cast solos. As much as it hurts to say that....

However, the Demon Lords and Royal Knights should take it due to sheer numbers and hax as well as hax resistances. Not only that Zeed, Belphemon and Leviamon also have their Conceptual Erasure as well. Not only that, the Demon Lords have insane Regen Negation and I don't see anyone in SMT killing Yggdrasil anytime soon.

And that's one vote for Digimon (coming from Dragonmaster, tho... hmm...). jk.

Digimon: 1

SMT: 0

I'd say the SMT cast with medium-high difficulty, simply because they can overcome the numbers disadvantage with demon summoning, and have nearly as many hax as the Digimon cast does.

I'd have to give this to Digimon due to i believe having a lot more troublesome High 2-A, to my knowledge They pretty much stomp any SMT character that is not from Devil Suvivor 2. While I believe the DS2 Cast will put up a good fight due to their ability to summon demons to help, they are just to out numbered by so many threats such as the RK which will be a nuisance due to their High resistance to many hax, Yggdrasil with it's High Godly Regen, The SGDL with their various hax like powerful Regenerationn Negation and Zeed, Lucemon, Belphemon and Leviamon with their Conceptual Erasure.

Digimon takes this for reasons above.

With any luck, 1C Digimon God vs YHVH in the future

Phantasm-Of-Grey34 said:
I'd say the SMT cast with medium-high difficulty, simply because they can overcome the numbers disadvantage with demon summoning, and have nearly as many hax as the Digimon cast does.
The Digimon side can do something similar to overcome a numbers problem, most notably Quartzmon and ZeedMille.

It's been a while but as far as I am aware, the top tier SMT Demons are "unique" existences in that no more than one can be summoned at any given time. That is, if someone has summoned Satan, no one else can summon him. Recent games like Devil Survivor 2 make this rather clear. The lower tier demons don't matter much if at all in this match, just like the lower tier Digimon.

Gonna side with Digimon for this one.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
However, the Demon Lords and Royal Knights should take it due to sheer numbers and hax as well as hax resistances. Not only that Zeed, Belphemon and Leviamon also have their Conceptual Erasure as well. Not only that, the Demon Lords have insane Regen Negation and I don't see anyone in SMT killing Yggdrasil anytime soon.
Well... If numbers are a thing, some SMT 2-As also have infinite versions of themselves, and hax in SMT is quite insane.

Conceptual Erasure is also a thing, specially with Observation, which also negates Regen. Plenty of SMT characters are Abstract Concepts.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well... If numbers are a thing, some SMT 2-As also have infinite versions of themselves, and hax in SMT is quite insane.

Conceptual Erasure is also a thing, specially with Observation, which also negates Regen. Plenty of SMT characters are Abstract Concepts.
Is that so? I'll change my vote back to SMT, then.

The SGDLs from Digimon also have the whole infinite versions of themselves stuff, defeat of one version powers up the others plus invokes karma shenanigans and they also have plenty of good hax so...we're back to where we started.

I'm changing my vote to inconclusive. Unless clones, duplication, summoning, infinite versions, etc. are disallowed for both sides, I doubt we can get a conclusion.

@Matt

Yes that is true. But is that the same as the High 2-A's. I should also note that many would fall to the Demon Lords' Karma as they'll be fighting True Forms and their countless Avatars from across space-time that can range from Low 2-C to High 2-A. We also have Ogudomon who won't take damage unless the attack is completely free from Malice.

"Ogudomon is a grotesque Super Demon Lord who has seven legs and eyes, as well as an eighth eye. As it includes the whole of the Digital World's sins, and moreover, is a mysterious personification with the ability to atone for them all, the power of a Digimon with even a small amount of malice is counterbalanced, and it is impossible for it to defeat Ogudomon."

Not to mention the major hax resistances of the Royal Knights and Yggdrasil's High-Godly Regen. Alphamon's Digitalize of Soul (Which work on souless beings), Omegamon's All-Delete, Magnamon's Power of Miracles, Jesmon's OS Generics, Venusmon's power to force one to lose their will to fight completely, Demon Lords Regen Negation, The fact that defeating one Demon Lord Avatar increases all the other Avatars' power infinitely, The simple fact that Karma is in play since fighting a Demon Lord itself is a sin, Yggdrassil, The fact that anyone sent to the Dark Area becomes one with the Demon Lords or erased into non-existence with the Demon Lords negating the ability to regenerate from non-existence, Zeed's always present absorption(And Royal Knight Resistances thanks to Executor N0's Respect Thread), Chronomon who can literally lower you intellect, Barbamon, Ogudomon and Lucemon's Morality Manipulation will give Ogudomon even more defense, etc.

This battle will go on forever....

There's also the fact that Lucifer exists in all points in time simultaneously throughout the multiverse and is the embodiment of all chaos in it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There's also the fact that Lucifer exists in all points in time simultaneously throughout the multiverse and is the embodiment of all chaos in it.
Same can be said for all the Demon Lords, only this time it's Sin and Evil/Malice.

@Dragon

Since he's new we're most likely to forget him but there's the Malevolent Fist too. A true monster with plenty of unique hax which even the SGDLs fear.

This thread is sounding more and more inconclusive the more I'm hearing of the power and skillsets.

Machspyder said:
@Dragon
Since he's new we're most likely to forget him but there's the Malevolent Fist too. A true monster with plenty of unique hax which even the SGDLs fear.

This thread is sounding more and more inclusive the more I'm hearing of the power and skillsets.
Hey, that just means it'd be way more fun to watch/read.

Now we just need Digimon to reach at least 7-D(Instead of hyping it up)...SMT and Digimon do share a lot of concepts and powers. It's almost like they were made for each other. ovo

That's assuming it's that exact amount. Digimon has alluded to 24-D. Meaning they're unintentionally hyping up 1-B Digimon.

SMT might also be pretty higher. There's apparently one description in Devil Survivor that treats Heaven as being several dimensions above ours.

"Furthermore God tried to call the soul of the dead girl to heaven...soul who lost the visit has fallen into various space-time skies".

^ This is apparently the line.

Emprah is an unknown number of dimensions tho. Above 20, but we don't know how much above it

So it's pretty much saying. "Hey! We have multiple higher dimensions. But we aren't gonna give you the exact amount.lolololololol" Sounds just like Digimon....

Well some SMT character are abstract concept and can summon multiple demons at once. Heck Hibiki himself can kill most of the Digimon multiverse with the four prime factors and Akashic Record. Digimon like Yggdrasil can be killed permanently with Observation so my vote goes to SMT.

Back