• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smite Revisions?

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Our SMITE profiles are... a little weird.

All of the characters are only ever scaled to their in-game lore, but all of them are also generally portrayed as equals to one another, in various ways:

In the Comic, Loki, Ao Kuang, and Hel: none of whom are Pantheon Leaders in any sense: are all able to harm and kill Zeus, in spite of wielding his Thunderbolt that clearly makes him much stronger than everyone else (note that Loki pretty easily bodied Hel with it later on, and won 1 vs 3 against Neith, Mercury, and Athena later on.)

In the on-going story since Season 5, we've seen such things as Bellona going to town against primordial pantheon leaders, like Chernobog, and fighting with Pele against a Ragnarok-amped Hades (this being the reason he got a Ragnarok skin to begin with). Following that, Hera takes over Olympus in Zeus's absence, and- given the threat of Jormungandr- goes to recruit two of the only people that apparently have a good chance of defeating him... King Arthur and Merlin. (I guess we'll see how that goes by the end of this Season.)

Then, in the promotional material, we see such things as Neith getting contended by Fenrir, who then gets slapped by Thor, who in turn goes toe to toe with Guan Yu?

...their depictions are all over the place, really. And, inevitably, allowed to proceed without question, it lends everyone to scaling to such powerful Gods as Neith and Olorun. That seems... a little off, no?

Fortunately, I discovered what seems to be two big outs:

"...At first, the battles were waged on a higher plane- but the human realm still suffered. Volcanic eruptions, floods, earthquakes... Collateral damage from a conflict waged on high."

And, on the same page,

"...by redoubling their commitment to the Gods. This only fueled the fire, for it is devotio that gives the Gods their powers."

In other words,

> All Gods belong, at the true height of their potential, in a higher plane of being entirely. Given how many of them are stated as possessing various Universe Creation Myths in a world where All Mythologies Are Real- and that's confirmed as some kind of multiverse, what with King Arthur and Merlin having just been pulled into the ongoing Jormungandr conflict from another world entirely- I think it's relatively safe to take this to mean that all of the Gods (again, at the peak of their power) are on this scale.

> All of the Gods are, however, also nerfed for the majority of the actual ongoing story that we see. Fortunately, we can still use gameplay feats for lack of any reason given for them to contradict what we see and hear about them elsewhere, and all of them scale handily to Hou Yi's Sunbreaker Ultimate, so...

My Proposal would go something to the tune of

Base/Weakened: "At least 6-B+, likely 4-C" and Massively FTL+

At Full Power: "Low 2-C" (or Likely/Possibly so, if given reason to doubt?), Massively FTL+ (if not higher, though I don't know if you can scale speed to someone like Chronos or Olorun in that way.) I imagine Primordial Gods that we might have reason to put at Neith's level may be 2-C themselves, since there's never any indication that Neith was ever considered to be above the Pantheon heads, but that's speculation for another time, I think.

...I have a list that should be ready, soon, that goes over all of the Hax that's thrown around and resisted in-game alone (ergo, that we can assume applies universally to the cast), but otherwise, the only other thing...

Well, in the Comics, Anubis and Hades both stood like, 20-25 feet tall. As did Zeus, and all of the Gods we essentially always depicted as about the same size as one another. So I guess I'd give Smite Gods Large Size (Type 0) by default? Even in game, they're twice as tall as the minions, who are supposed to just be people.

That's all for now, I'll come back to this once I'm done- just want to get this out there for discussion, first.

Good to see smite getting some revisions, maybe we can finally fill out the rest of the verse lol

(If we need more back-up for Tier 6 as a low-end, Olorun throws spheres stated to be made of pure energy around pretty casually, and his 2 just kinda makes a sun. So uh.)

Ah so we'll finally have editings for this verse. Good to know. I've prepared some profiles but iwaited to see if something new would be added.

So that would give us "At least 6-B+, likely 4-C" for weakened of regular Gods and "Low 2-C" for pantheon leaders and 2-C for Primordials if i understand correctly ?

Apparently I need your input before I can actually add anything to this wiki. I would like to add an Yoruba Pantheon header under the lists of pantheons and under said header I would like to add two characters; Olorun, Ruler of the Heavens and Yemoja, Goddess of Rivers.

Also I would like to create a page for Olorun. I would like to make it tiered at low 2-C to 2-C or even 2-B based off of the strongest character which is Chronos, Keeper of Time who is at low 2-C. The reason I'm making this suggestion is due to his official lore and the production material that the developers at Hi-Rez Studios and SMITE released on their official Twitter and Instagram pages for his release.

He is the Creator of the Cosmos, god of gods, and has immense space-time manipulative powers. On their Twitter pages they made the claim that his rule is not only over the heavens but over all things and for his official lore he is the all-encompassing symbol/embodiment of divinity and creation. It also stated on the official lore that he isn't a god of one thing like the other gods. Also his in game ultimate ability is able to affect all enemy characters including the concept of time Chronos. The release trailer showed him taking on Odin, Loki, Bellona, Thanatos, Discordia, and a sixth god I didn't recognize and easily defeating all six of them after stopping time for them all as he easily moved passed them to sit upon the empty throne of Olympus. This display of power is even after him being shown in a higher dimension/heaven then instantaneously warping himself to the conflict with aforementioned gods which staggered them from his appearance.

And no Olorun is definitely not 6-B ThePerpetual as his promotion material states that he allowed the other pantheon leaders to rule in his stead. He has a whole picture of him on a throne with Ra kneeling down to him on the SMITE Twitter page. He is literally a Primordial being.

His Lore

Olorun is the ruler of the heavens, a supreme god, a powerful and mysterious force. Olorun is not the god of one specific thing like the rest. Instead he is an all-encompassing symbol of divinity and creation itself.

As the mountains and the seas have their gods, so too do the stars in the heavens. Greatest of their number is Olorun, God of the Sky and the Heavens, and supreme deity of the Yoruba pantheon. It was Olorun who kindled the spark that would become the sun, and at his command, the Orishas ― the Yoruba gods ― crafted the world and its inhabitants from the gathered dust of the cosmos. But though Olorun is the greatest of the Orishas, he seeks no worshippers and asks for no offerings, yet entire nations follow his ideals. Like the stars, he is a remote deity, content to sit in quiet contemplation of the myriad wonders of creation. And he is powerful enough to ensure the sanctity of his solitude. Olorun commands the fundamental forces of the cosmos ― even time itself.Yet despite this power, Olorun is but one part of a greater whole. A tripartite being, Olorun possesses two other aspects ― Olodumare, creator of the universe, and Olofi, the conduit between Earth and the Heavens. As befits a being of such might, Olorun is wise beyond measure, and rarely acts rashly or without some greater purpose in mind. Peaceful by nature, he will nonetheless fight when the need is great.It is for that very reason that Olorun has chosen to break his long seclusion at last. Despite having held himself apart from the world, he has borne witness to the suffering of mortal and immortal alike. With his far-reaching gaze, he has seen that the thrones of the great pantheons are empty, and that god wars against god.In his great wisdom, Olorun has realised that only a king can unite them. And he will be that king.

Yoruba deities are known as Orishas, they are the intermediates between humans and the supernatural. Each Orisha has a specific domain that they oversee, except for Olorun. Olorun is the creator of all things, even the other Orishas. He has three manifestations: Olorun, Ruler of the Heavens; Olodumare, The Creator; and Olofi, the Conduit Between Heaven and Earth.

Olorun is the winner of the Battle for Olympus. His distant nature puts him in the perfect spot to be a leader. He has no history, no bias, no squabbles with the other gods of SMITE. He is truly neutral, fair, and a bringer of justice. His personality alone does not convince the other gods to follow him, but his powers will. Olorun's divine cosmic magic is awe-inspiring to the other gods, and his ability to stifle conflicts are quickly demonstrated.

What the SMITE team were going for when they developed this character.

Olorun is especially unique in that he is seen as a distant god. He does not directly participate in any human rituals, nor does he have any shrines or sacrifices dedicated to him. We focused on these aspects to inspire his visuals, abilities, and personality.

• Theme ― Cosmic Celestial Light
  • Visuals ― Divinely powerful African man. African clothing with fantasy and magic
  • Personality ― Stoic, Fair, Just
  • Perspective ― Awe-inspiring, mysterious, powerful
The visual direction for this god was no easy task. The process started much earlier than most gods do. Many early iterations were gone through trying to find the key aspects of traditional West African clothing to incorporate into the god visual concept. Robes were commonly worn, especially among leaders, so this was the primary focus for our new Mage. We wanted to skew his visuals slightly more toward fantasy rather than history to make sure he felt unique to SMITE and fit in well among the current god roster.

This god needed to be the pinnacle of divinity. From a quick glance we wanted people to understand his tone and personality. His sense of justice, his control over his emotions, and his divine power can all be felt simply by looking at him. The new King of the Gods is truly a sight to behold.

SMITEGAME , Hi-Rez Press Release, SMITE god reveal for Olorun detailing his position, and how he breathed life into humanity, same video different dialogue from Olorun, Ra kneeling before his New God-King, The New King of Olympus is Coming, Olorun's rule is over all not just the heavens, I am done watching.

Well, in that case we can only scale him from the highest ratings of the other deities in the game, not randomly assign him much higher tiers.

These gods aren't 4-C weakened, their power varies and are completely dependent on the amount of worshippers they have.

As for Olorun, his very brief lore has him at 4-A. He states he set the stars in the sky.

Edit- Looked at the extra lore in the game for Olorun and he does have a universal statement. His other aspect Olodumare is the creater of the universe.

These ratings confuse me, where is 3-A Sol from? It makes no sense. How is she is the universe itself but it's literally stated she just carries the sun across the sky via chariot.

Don't know about Sol but the 4-A statement was made because Zeus created the Sagittarius Constellation and thus, comparable gods aare considered as this.

Olorun being Universal is good for me, since he's a ruler god.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye Are we sure the gods need prayers ? Because it seems to me they're more or less equal to each other (for the regular gods at least).

Also, 'im very interested in making a Chernobog profile. What do you think about him ?

What are the ratings for other ruler gods?

And which of these types of deities should Olorun scale to?

Not exactly sure but from what we know about him, Olorun is likely comparable to Kali who is noted as "At the very least 3-A, likely Low 2-C", so above regular gods and even gods like Nyx.

Now of course, we should also determine the tiers of the other gods in the verse for the editings. Notably, those who interest me the most are Chernobog, Bellona, Set, Ah Puch and Merlin.

@Arkham

Don't know about Sol but the 4-A statement was made because Zeus created the Sagittarius Constellation and thus, comparable gods aare considered as this.

I don't recall this ever being stated within SMITE lore or even shown for Zeus.

Olorun being Universal is good for me, since he's a ruler god.

Well mostly because he's the strongest god in smite so far.

Are we sure the gods need prayers ? Because it seems to me they're more or less equal to each other (for the regular gods at least).

Yeah they need prayers, Zeus states that without the common folk giving them prayers they'd be nothing. All the gods are fighting for this mostly. That's why Anubis invaded Olympus.

Also, 'im very interested in making a Chernobog profile. What do you think about him ?

Don't know, he doesn't have anything going for him in terms of lore.

Okay. Why aren't the Gods 4-C/weakened?

The entire point of going through all of that was to demonstrate how incredibly inconsistent their depictions in the game's narrative were with their own lore- ergo, that the distinction between Lore (insert God here) and Current/Story (same God) is warranted. Saying that their current Story iterations are as strong as their Lore iterations because of... their lore... doesn't really mean anything.

Unless your argument is that they aren't weakened at all? But that, and the natural consequence of their being wildly different in stated/lore capability, in turn doesn't line up with their being depicted consistently as being within one another's general scope of power. If everyone's shown feats allow them to scale to one another freely, again, we just get 2-C everyone in the game, as essentially everyone scales to Neith in some way or another (note that, again, we're given no substantial reason to discount gameplay feats.)

I imagine their Lore would lend their true powers to be wildly varying, as well, but if we're going to take Homer's word to be credible at all (and thus basically half of the comic, which is his narration) then all Gods in Smite occupy a higher level of existence in some capacity. Is your argument that this wouldn't correlate to higher-dimensional existence in particular?

@Perpetual

1. If I read the OP correctly your trying to slap a single tier on every god based on classification of god and primordial. SMITE lore almost makes no sense at all.

2. They're weakened for sure, we know this like within 5 minutes into playing the MOBA or reading the comic, my point was everyone doesn't to each other. You can't just make everyone the same tiering. Ao Kuang legit dies to a building atop of him. So how is he 6-B to 4-C? As for everyone scaling via gameplay to Neith, why in the world would we use gameplay of a MOBA to scale characters between themselves? Where does 2-C Neith even come from? her lore in SMITE has nothing showing her at a 2-C level. As of now the most powerful god in SMITE is Olorun who is apperently universal and doesn't need worshippers (at least one of his aspects are).

3.These gods aren't higher-dimensonal, nowhere has this random statement been clarified upon in the years this game has been active. I don't think i've ever even heard a developer utter the words higher-dimensonal in patch note streams or anything.

But if you do have more evidence feel free to share them, i've not really been that much into the game this past year or so due to boredom.

Edit - The only one that is prob higher dimensonal would be Chronos i'd imagine off the top of my head due to his affinity with time.

Okay. Why doesn't it make no sense at all, by Smite lore? You say that the Gods aren't higher-dimensional because it was never made clear... how many Tier 2s on this site do you think have been explicitly stated to be 'higher-dimensional'? You'd be correct in saying that No, the vast majority of such characters never were. So I don't see how repeated (twice over, so no it's not a one-off thing as you've claimed), reliable statements that "their battles were once fought on a higher plane" isn't going to qualify. The only missing words are "of existence", which is very much implied as a part of saying that the Gods existed there, once, prior to existing here in the human world.

If you're expecting Smite developers in the Patch notes, discussing game balance, to fixate on the lore, you're not looking in the right places.

Furthermore, if your argument is that Ao Kuang dying to a building falling onto him invalidates any feats he might actually have, I don't think you understand the concept of non-feats or anti-feats. We don't call Goku Rock level for getting hurt by a rock, or below Ray Gun level for (rather infamously) getting shot through the chest by a ray gun in DB Super, for instance.

...and that's assuming that what you claim was true, that Ao Kuang died as a direct result of the building falling onto him. This cutting away into the building collapsing doesn't at all make that obvious- it seems quite likely that Hel simply struck him with the Ruyi Bang. (This, in turn, makes sense when one considers that the promise of such a weapon was the reason that Ao Kuang went along with their plan and assassinated Zeus, to begin with- to him, it was essentially equivalent to Zeus's Thunderbolt.) And, aside from that, Ao Kuang was among the main Gods to deal substantial damage to Zeus during their assassination of him, the same Pantheon Head we were told triggered accidental worldwide natural disasters just by fighting in a higher plane. Which, again, runs into the "Rock level Goku" problem, where this character that can shake the world is now comparable in raw power to this supposed "Sub-Collapsing Building level" Ao Kuang.

So, really, everything you've given us so far only further leads me to think that there should exist a distinction between the Gods at their fullest capacity, and what we see in the game/physically instantiated in the comics. It's easier to work with, more consistent, an explanation is rather explicitly offered within the game's canon (power is based on worshipers + a massive war that killed tons of worshipers), and doesn't run into the problem of "everyone equals everyone, even though actually they don't because we say otherwise."

...that said, I do also find the Neith feat somewhat suspect, for lack of scans to start with. "Born from the Primordial Waters of Chaos that contained the whole of existence, which is confirmed in the Official SMITE Magazine to contain countless timelines, and weaved it into reality" also sounds like 2-A, though, so...?

More scans would be nice.

P.S.: Yes, Olorun is something of an anomaly in that his power does not rely upon the direct worship of humanity, I acknowledge that. That's not yet been of any meaningful consequence to the rest of the setting in-lore yet, though, so I don't see why that's worth noting beyond simply taking note of it.

@Perpetual

1. Two wrongs don't make a right? this statement is vague. You have no idea what higher-plane is referring too. I don't see why you wish to use this as some form of scaling at all. And i'm 100% sure the wiki requires clarifications on statements like this.

2. Well yeah? they explain lore there every time and it's where they introduce the gods and give info to us especially during the season of the odysseus which is the canon continuation story of the game. So i'm not sure why'd you make this statement.

3. It's not an anti-feat since there is no other feats at all to solidify his scaling nor tiering. We know he helped fight Zeus but that's all. We see the building fall on him and kill him when he was speaking to Wukong. I only see Hel breaking the pillars with the staff. Rock level Goku is nothing like what were saying here since it's a gag and the ray gun scene is because he dropped his guard.

4.I agree with the statement of making a distintion between the gods in lore and their weakend form. Scaling via gameplay isn't good at all. We have gods like Bacchus who can fight via gameplay, and he's only the god of drinks and wine. It should also be noted that the game has like 100+ characters now and only like 20+ actually appear within the comicbooks or any other lore medium.

5. Don't know anything about this, not like it would scale to Neith since it has nothing to do with her power. Based on what we know so far the lore is littered with contradictions and the ratings don't make sense. An example is Odin scaling from Ymir via killing him but Ymir's body only created Earth, Universal Sol which seems to based off a skin?, Universal Kali who is also apperently the beginning of time but we have Chronos who does this as well and Olorun who also controls time.

@The Perpetual

So what would you suggest that we do here?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye "I don't recall this ever being stated within SMITE lore or even shown for Zeus."

I'm not saying this is from the lore, i'm saying this is the feat used to create Zeus's profile to begin with. It was the statement used to put him (and the other gods) at 4-A.

Well mostly because he's the strongest god in smite so far.

I agree. Though since has has three "forms", do you think he needs a key for each one ?

That's why Anubis invaded Olympus.

Anubis didn't invaded Olympus because of that, he arrived in Olympus because he wanted to help the common folk he thought Hades had abandoned, wich is confirmed by Zeus later. As for Zeus's statement, i think it's true but i also imagine this is just a metaphor to say that gods can only be worthy of their title if they are worshipped.

Yes, it bothers me. The only thing that was stated about him is that he embodies the primordial force of Evil and Darkness and rules over all that is evil, wich would make him a primordial deity.

@Arkham

1. Yeah I know, but i'm trying to figure what's the source of this within SMITE itself.

2. I'm not sure, they're all a single entity technically, could prob just make it Olorun/ Full Power I guess.

3. Hel also confirms the need for worshippers.

4. He'd prob get an unknown honestly. Maybe he has some feats within the Odyssey.

They will all get Empowerment then i guess (except for Olorun because...you know, he doesn't need it).

Depends if the three aspects thing is really important and has a real influence on his power level. Doesn't change the fact Olorun is the most powerful god in SMITE currently (with, maybe Chronos).

Mmh yeah, sounds right. Too bad for me, i really like him (though he seems more Luciferian than a Slavic god but even in real world, there isn't a true depiction of him, just a symbol). Do you know if he is featured in a particular Odyssey ?

Also, he has a skin said Galactic Void that shows him to be made of galaxies and millions of stars i guess, like Olorun has a very similar one. Do you think it can be used ?

Unless the skin is canon it wouldn't matter in my opinion.

For example Ares has a Tier 5 skin and it's canon because it's the form he took in the actual lore.

Godslayer Ares.

Another one would be Ragnarok Hades.

I would like to also create a page for Yemoja, Goddess of Rivers. According to her a closer look official SMITEGame page she came to Olorun's aide when he sent the call while he was fighting the forces of the Underworld and it seemed that he might be defeated. Also according to this page she has the power to restore the fallen gods of the other Pantheons to their full power which is something Olorun himself can't do putting her potentially at 4-A to 3-A depending on the god she is empowering/restoring. She is also the mother of the Orishas (gods) and humanity. One of her quotes has her saying that she will bless the world with life giving waters, use her life restoring waters to restore the world to so she could be placed in the 5-B range also as a lowball and 4-A to 3-A as a highball depending on what she's doing.

Does that mean she is actually more powerful than Olorun or more or less the same ?

Also, what tier Ragnarok Hades could be ? I made a profile for him some time ago but like the rest, it needs to be edited.

Back