• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small upgrades to SSB vegeta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegeta survived the clash between His fist and black's blade

Here, it only lasts a millisecond, but with the voice and the image, it should be clear that they clashed and vegeta was relatively fine.

Thus I suggest Space time manipulation resistance [since black's balde can cut through space time itslef, it's on his profile]

Not necessarily, the rift created is formed from the same aura and ki as the blade itself. We don't really see him land any shots on anyone that even implied the slashes were normal. Stands to reason that the scythe should've cut through Vegeta's hand but did nothing. I would say the resistance is warranted.

Because of the uncertainty of this feat, thus if we assume the lowest interpretation it is a Possibly Resistance to Spatial Manipulation or Space-Time Manipulation

The scythe itself is normal. The only thing that gives it Space-Time Manipulation is the fact that it sliced a hole in Space-Time or whatevs. That's it, that's the feat. Other than that, that scythe is just like any other Ki weapon, haxless. I don't think theres enough evidence to assume that with EVERY single slash it cuts through Space-Time.
the rift created is formed from the same aura and ki as the blade itself
That's extremely vague and not enough to warrant a resistance imo.
We don't really see him land any shots on anyone that even implied the slashes were normal.
Burden of proof is on you. You are the one that has to prove that the slashes are not normal since they are currently regarded as such.
the scythe should've cut through Vegeta's hand but did nothing.
Maybe because the scythe is normal?

The fact that it COULD cut through space and time while being wielded by an enemy that is literally trying to murder Vegeta is pretty solid on its own. Why on Earth would Goku Black who is attacking him with the intention to destroy him and had just tried using the ability in such a manner while merely testing it not be trying to use this ability when attacking him? The fact of the matter is that with a single swing he's able to cut through space-time through the energy produced from the scythe itself, it's the same energy and Vegeta is still clashing with the weapon with no damage taken despite the slash. A possible resistance isn't out of the question. I would say a possible resistance is fair.

The fact that it COULD cut through space and time while being wielded by an enemy that is literally trying to murder Vegeta is pretty solid on its own.
Tbf, fictional chars do stupid stuff for no reason a lot. not saying my opinion on vegs upgrade yet, but yeha

The energy slash is what ripped through space-time. The scythe itself is just... a scythe, like his other energy blades. The scythe is just another variant of his energy blade, and nothing suggests the two are any different in terms of their properties. Hell, Black slashes the air after first creating the scythe, and nothing happened.

"Oh, but Black wanted to kill Vegeta. Why wouldn't he cut through space-time to nick him?"
Black wanted to kill him and the rest of the heroes eons ago. Why didn't he use his sword all the time?
What you're saying isn't a counterargument.

I'm also going to lean towards disagreeing with the suggested resistance for reasons stated above.

"Oh, but Black wanted to kill Vegeta. Why wouldn't he cut through space-time to nick him?"
Black wanted to kill him and the rest of the heroes eons ago. Why didn't he use his sword all the time?
What you're saying isn't a counterargument.
What you're saying isn't a counterargument either

I'm not really agreeing with this. Black only showed space manipulation with his sickle of sorrow, which Vegeta never tanked

What Black does is just a simple ki blade, which Vegito can use as well (And he even says that to Merged Zamasu as he tried to impale Vegito with it)

I'm neutral atm, not sure I remember how Goku Black's Space-Time manipulation works if it's via specific techniques, his energy scythe, or his Ki in general.

I'm neutral atm, not sure I remember how Goku Black's Space-Time manipulation works if it's via specific techniques, his energy scythe, or his Ki in general.
It is from an energy wave he released when he swing the scythe, even if it is a technique, it is still ki based which is still considered as universal energy system of the verse, by all mean, at least the scythe could produce the same result as the energy wave from the scythe

Disagree. The energy of the scythe =/= the energy released by the scythe. To say the scythe itself has S/T manipulation is to also say Black's ki has passive S/T manipulation since the scythe is directly made from his aura. If that is the case, we also saw both Goku and Vegeta get bodied by Black's ki blades made of the same energy. Vegeta clearly dodged the actual S/T manipulation energy.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out. It seems like this suggestion has largely been rejected then.

Okay. I will do so. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back