• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GoCommitDi said:
actually they were removed since spongebob hax-and-regenstomped in all of the fights
Petea is 9-A and has rather decent hax to boot though seeing where this is going it could possible for a redux of him then. As for the other victories there are some that I don't think were complete stomps.

Bobsican said:
Oh yeah, Maverick Zero X is extremely against any Spongebob upgrades, claiming that 9-B is already an stretch.
Otherwise we would have FTL and 5-A Spongebob by now (Yeah, there are about 3 or so tier 5 feats on the series).
Assuming the upgrades are based on reasonably consistent feats then I'm on board. Tier 5 and FTL Spongebob isn't consistent, however.

Assuming the upgrades are based on reasonably consistent feats then I'm on board. Tier 5 and FTL Spongebob isn't consistent, however.

It happened three times at least (Reef Blower, sucking up the ocean again, and accidentally destroying a moon with nothing more but a jack in a box while being hydrodynamically designed to apparently hold as much mass to hold a Moon and balance of Earth's conditions.) But if you don't wanna go with that it's fine most likely Planet and possibly FTL seems like a slight stretch... However again it's been debated if some of these characters are arguably variable to much higher degrees anyways to the point it's brought up again.

Such was the case when Squid-ward slightly moved out of a way from Plankton's laser AGAIN in the episode "Tentacle Vision.", SpongeBob in comic was still able to dodge a bendable beam assumed to be electricity from his Robot duplicate although yes he was taken off guard from a falling object it shouldn't be ignored solely on just that, or when said characters managed to consistently dodge or react to the electricity of a Jelly Fish's stings, Mind you SpongeBob and Patrick catch these things all for fun and hobbies though yes size difference would make this really hard to justify.

The idea for speed it would vary between below average to (Whatever less ludicrous speed it would be.) At peak since such characters that vary to such degrees has been done before here on this site.

And if you DO NOT wanna go with that and at least want some basic stuff for them in the episode "Survival of the idiots." They managed to outrun a savage Sandy on land, no water without hindering much, assuming land Squirrels are said to run a good 20 MPH this should be athlete to possibly peak human range on foot.

I also forgot to mention patchy in the stop motion Christmas episode briefly tried to keep pace with a polar bear, which polar bears reach a good 25 MPH.

Yeah, three Tier 5 feats definitely aren't consistent. If you can provide consistent speed feats above Below Average then we can upgrade their speeds.

Maverick Zero X said:
Yeah, three Tier 5 feats definitely aren't consistent. If you can provide consistent speed feats above Below Average then we can upgrade their speeds.
Sandy literally is a SQUIRREL IN ORIGIN nothing else suggests that she is not... Not to mention whom SpongeBob and Patrick kept up with even on land like I said. If Donkey (Shrek.) and Hammy (Over The Hedge.) Specifically use real life data why not implement it to Sandy's it wouldn't sound right to not do so.

SpongeBob and Patrick do consistently jelly fish also. (Obviously.)

I also found something interesting regarding Sandy's squirrel traits, according to what I could find about Squirrels they are still more agile then that, having the ability to jump vertically five feet and can leap between objects that are over ten feet however given that squirrels are less than 1/10th the size of people. And they are indeed faster then Humans being able to run vertically up a trees.

And yes they are great swimmers when push comes to shove.

Though this could be the tip of the iceberg as to some degree they have other greater consistencies then athlete so AT LEAST is still right even if athletic.

i'm gonna be making a spongebob CRT soon (which will have some stuff like the feats we've gathered here, empathic manipulation/corruption resistance, some stamina feats and other things) so i'll remember to upgrade their speed in that thread

GoCommitDi said:
i'm gonna be making a spongebob CRT soon (which will have some stuff like the feats we've gathered here, empathic manipulation/corruption resistance, some stamina feats and other things) so i'll remember to upgrade their speed in that thread
Thus far what we have gathered but awesome you do that, Now I'm gonna go a little out of context but what about Hammy is he really just athletic human also since he relates to "actual." Squirrels? Also back to the context of the SpongeBob verse I found something interesting regarding Jellyfish if the characters of SpongeBob do actual dodging of stingers as in order to do this the uncoiling of the Jellyfishes small stingers is one of the fastest actions in nature apparently, Stingers shoot out even faster than a bullet from a gun, Yep that's right.

Don't Spongebob and Patrick usually get stung by Jellyfish? I don't recall many instances of them dodging their stings, so I'd appreciate if you provide some.

Also speaking of reactionary feats there's still also ANOTHER legitimately evidenced laser dodging feat from Sandy's part whom she straight up reacted to nearly point blank and pushed SpongeBob out of the way after it was fired from a diamond:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tISuDPuB-U8 (1:49, Along the other following ball looking projectiles)

Maverick Zero X said:
That seems to be an actual beam of light, but there's still the Issues of consistency.
Well yes but actually no.

There still has been surprising consistencies of them dodging some form of having notable reactionary feats moving obstacles, laser based or not in spite of their size.

There is this one with Sandy, following another one with the episode "Tentacle Vision." Had Plankton fire a projectile gun whom Squidward actually slightly reacted to (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56ulnz 7:54.), Although not laser based both SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy reacted to swarm of fleas forming a cannon ball (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6kqnl1 6:10) As for the second movie is Bubbles shooting at SpongeBob whom it would seem was actually dodging albeit yes it took most of his focus in doing so and with rough diffuculty (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjucF9fiFw 1:39) You could say SpongeBob could just be randomly dodging rather then directly trying to come into terms with the lasers Bubbles was shooting of course your quick to assume this part however SpongeBob was doing some peculiar movements so it was suggested he has been evading them, Plankton dodging a laser from Karen and then TWICE IN A ROW reacting to it again and got out of the way in time in "karen 2.0." (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56ulpv 2:11.), And ANOTHER yet again in "Karen's virus." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly7GNBC7Z64 6:47) Has SpongeBob directly reacting to a barrage of lasers, These are 6 feats in a row involving a laser compared to the three planet ones.

I was thinking something along the lines of "Athlethic Level with (?) Reactions." one day.

No.

• The "laser" fired from Plankton's ray gun in "Tentacle Vision" visibly bends, which disqualifies it from being an actual beam of light based on Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats Standards
  • Reacting to a swarm of fleas isn't an impressive feat...
  • Bubbles' "lasers" have no proof of being actual beams of light as opposed to energy blasts of unspecified priorities. Spongebob doesn't actually dodge any of them, either. He just runs away as Bubbles continually misses.
The feats from Karen 2.0, Karen's Virus, and Sandy's feat appear to be the only three legit ones, but they would need to be calculated.

The Bubbles thing was actually accepted as "actual" lasers as they qualify per the standards, but they were taken as outliers (Spongebob apparenlty actually reacted to some of them).

Ignoring that he didn't in fact react to or dodge any of them, can you explain how Bubbles' blasts quantify as actual lasers?

Maverick Zero X said:
No.
  • The "laser" fired from Plankton's ray gun in "Tentacle Vision" visibly bends, which disqualifies it from being an actual beam of light based on Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats Standards
  • Reacting to a swarm of fleas isn't an impressive feat...
  • Bubbles' "lasers" have no proof of being actual beams of light as opposed to energy blasts of unspecified priorities. Spongebob doesn't actually dodge any of them, either. He just runs away as Bubbles continually misses.
The feats from Karen 2.0, Karen's Virus, and Sandy's feat appear to be the only three legit ones, but they would need to be calculated.
Thank you! I was just making sure for tentacle vision THAT ONE looking back on it was not legit... As for the other ones can indeed be brought to debate.

Maverick Zero X said:
Ignoring that he didn't in fact react to or dodge any of them, can you explain how Bubbles' blasts quantify as actual lasers?
However for SpongeBob dodging "lasers." From Bubbles one is a little tricky to assume this for you but it still clearly behaves like one, straight as a fiddle and is not just some energy as this ability can fire much longer linear distances even in the near the credits of the rap scene shows so (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26520P-sDmY 1:30) Not to mention SpongeBob's movements were still in a zig zag motion suggesting that he was doing SOME WORK doing so anyways albeit AGAIN With much struggle.

Traveling in a straight line isn't the only criteria that needs to be met, otherwise most energy beams in fiction would quantify as "lasers". From Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

To my knowledge, Bubbles' blasts don't meet any other of the criteria. It's just an energy blast.

Maverick Zero X said:
Traveling in a straight line isn't the only criteria that needs to be met, otherwise most energy beams in fiction would quantify as "lasers".
From Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

To my knowledge, Bubbles' blasts don't meet any other of the criteria. It's just an energy blast.
Hmm... Maybe you're right, nevertheless even if they don't meet the laser critteria an energy blast at least has to count as something relatively fast to react to though, I don't always think Bubbles is one to "keep missing."

Maverick Zero X said:
It just lacks the statements, which is another thing, beams with no statements have been accepted before as "actual" lasers before.

Bobsican said:
It just lacks the statements, which is another thing, beams with no statements have been accepted before as "actual" lasers before.
Oh yeah, Still Maverick does seem like he have a slight point right on this part however SpongeBob was still directly trying to out manuver a few of the energy blasts or "lasers." In that zig zag motion at least behind him but if we stick with energy speaking of energy based attacks I researched how fast energy can travel and one suggested of electrons which surprise stated "a calculation shows that the electron is traveling at about 2,200 kilometers per second. That's less than 1% of the speed of light, but it's fast enough to get it around the Earth in just over 18 seconds." And another stated "Energy travels' as electromagnetic waves at about the speed' of light, which is 670,616,629 miles per hour, 1 or 300 million meters per second." However the problem might be of the electrons themselves within the wave would probably move a little more slowly.

Bobsican said:
This could upgrade the series, King Neptune tosses the Krusty Krab from a mountain kilometers away to back where it was, landing on Plankton, and he tanked it.
The next part is so stupid, like they are making squidward deafing jimself to have peace and quiet and decide to screw him over by getting him fired and losing his chance on a clarinet job that he wished and they even finish with "the end...of squidward dreams"

That gives the vibe that squidward will never be truly happy again and that he will attain depression, i wouldn't be surprised that it ended up as a setting for the red mist

Lol no, that was clearly just a gag, as we all know the first movie goes at the end of the timeline, so chances are Squidward managed to go back to where he started eventually.

And red mist was already stated to not be canon (thanks to that one reference made to it in a recent episode)

Bobsican said:
And red mist was already stated to not be canon (thanks to that one reference made to it in a recent episode)
Oh Yeah "SpongeBob in Random Land." I am not gonna lie when I say I was just as surprised that it had me come up with a head canon theory it's rather Meta actually. The doors there in Random Land represent alternative universes or differing timeline of events and in that ONE DOOR it had Squid-ward well... Snuffing himself out like the creepypasta states but thankfully the Squid Ward in our universe didn't do this of course.

Again it's just a theory... That's it just a theory.

Bobsican said:
Lol no, that was clearly just a gag, as we all know the first movie goes at the end of the timeline, so chances are Squidward managed to go back to where he started eventually.

That mist part was just a joke, but how does "end of his dreamms" is a gag? Is not funny in any shape or form, is just "hahaha his dreams are crushed because he wanted peace"

Thats what i talking about, him getting back or anything is ok but the last phrase is literally saying that comic plot was just to **** with him, a waste of ink and time to screw with a character, even if temporaly

I mean, Spongebob episodes where bad things happen to Squidward and aren't fixed by the end of the episode tend to have the way of fixing it skipped, this also happens in other series like Doraemon.

I mean, Spongebob episodes where bad things happen to Squidward and aren't fixed by the end of the episode tend to have the way of fixing it skipped, this also happens in other series like Doraemon.

Back