• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small revision thread — OPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The short proposal I put forward this time is to re-review the previous chapters in the Boros vs Saitama era, as well as analyze them in more detail..

Limited immortality type 8
→ To Boros

We need to know that Boros can live and regenerate as long as the "energy aspect" within him is still be present, boros output CRSC by relying on result from energy production, as a effect he can't re-regenerate after does this. in this case enough it clearly implies that Boros' life reliant on the "energy aspect".

Immortality type 8
→ To Melzagard

We're shown the marbles/the power of the core, inside Melzagard body which have been honed over one hundred years, the heroes have struggled to fight the aliens and he always regenerated. However, Metalbat found a clever solution by simply destroying the marbles directly could end his life, which means that Melzagard's life here reliant on this "marbles/the power of the core".

The proposal above also adjusts the qualifications to immortality type 8 standards, which selects options into the "object" and "more" categories. This also shows proof of the benefit and losing benefit criteria in terms of reliant to something, as explained above.i.e;
Reliant Immortality: The character gets benefited by 1 or more other types of Immortality as long as a certain being, object, place, and/or concept or more may grant them those benefits, losing them otherwise. What exactly a user is reliable over, the benefits given from it, and how the process of the ability operates must be explained. Simply having some weakness that will kill a character when exploited doesn't qualify if it doesn't grant a form of Immortality, and also having other powers that do grant Immortality but are unrelated to that weakness does not count as well. It is discouraged to list this type if it would be redundant due to the same power already being described in another capability of the profile.

Summary :
— Boros must be added limited immortality type 8 (Reliant to energy aspect)
— Melzagard also must be added tho (Reliant to marbles / the power of core)

Conclusions (staff only):
Agree : @Qawsedf234 (With Melzagard), @ByAsura (With Melzagard)
Disagree : @Qawsedf234 (With Boros), @ByAsura (With Boros)
Neutral :

Last edited:
Limited immortality type 8
→ To Boros

We need to know that Boros can live and regenerate as long as the "energy aspect" within him is still be present, boros output CRSC by relying on result from energy production, as a effect he can't re-regenerate after does this. in this case enough it clearly implies that Boros' life reliant on the "energy aspect".
This is just immortality type 3, that just mean that Boros regeneration is limited how much energy he have left to use.

This is more a weakness than a abilitie

To give an example, Voldemort has Type 8 Immortality because he fragmented his soul into horcruxes, which are separate objects.

His immortality is external, and he loses that aspect of his powers if the horcruxes are destroyed.

Boros' regeneration and energy stores are an internal mechanism that allows him to regenerate in the first place.

His immortality is external, and he loses that aspect of his powers if the horcruxes are destroyed.

Boros' regeneration and energy stores are an internal mechanism that allows him to regenerate in the first place.
Where do you take that reference? I don't see the internal and external factors mentioned in the immortality type 8 requirements literally.

Where do you take that reference? I don't see the internal and external factors mentioned in the immortality type 8 requirements literally.
It's implied
8: Reliant Immortality: The character gets benefited by 1 or more other types of Immortality as long as a certain being, object, place, and/or concept or more may grant them those benefits, losing them otherwise. What exactly a user is reliant over, the benefits given from it, and how the process of the ability operates must be explained. Simply having some weakness that will kill a character when exploited doesn't qualify if it doesn't grant a form of Immortality, and also having other powers that do grant Immortality but are unrelated to that weakness does not count as well. It is discouraged to list this type if it would be redundant due to the same power already being described in another ability of the profile.
They're reliant on an outside thing to keep them alive rather than an internal factor.

It's implied

They're reliant on an outside thing to keep them alive rather than an internal factor.
Well, I saw at external factors such being, objects and places. but I don't see that there is a sentence written there that the internal factors really don't meet the qualifications. Apart from that, there is also listed the sentence "more", which still could consider futhermore.

If you're taking the description at face value and completely ignoring the context (like the fact that it says 'certain being or place', meaning it can't not be external to the user), then natural energy storage via organs and internal systems also doesn't qualify for a place, being, singular object and/or concept.

Last edited:
qualify for a place, being, object and/or concept.
Yeah I know that. But, the energy aspect here can also be consider with the qualifications listed in the sentence "more" on the page
Reliant Immortality: The character gets benefited by 1 or more other types of Immortality as long as a certain being, object, place, and/or concept or more may grant them those benefits, losing them otherwise. What exactly a user is reliable over, the benefits given from it, and how the process of the ability operates must be explained. Simply having some weakness that will kill a character when exploited doesn't qualify if it doesn't grant a form of Immortality, and also having other powers that do grant Immortality but are unrelated to that weakness does not count as well. It is discouraged to list this type if it would be redundant due to the same power already being described in another capability of the profile.

My point was if we just took the words totally at face value with no additional form of context.

Anyway, we just don't give people type 8 in these situations. A lot of other characters would have that if this were the case.

My point was if we just took the words totally at face value with no additional form of context.
Well then I understand, in this topic it the point is boros just lacks context for the immortality type 8 him label.
Anyway, we just don't give people type 8 in these situations.
Alright
A lot of other characters would have that if this were the case.
What is one of them?, is there one that is exactly similar to the boros mechanism?

My mistake. It turns out the examples I planned to use technically wouldn't fit the criteria anyway.

Looks like this thread is past its grace period.

This threads taking place on Thursday, and it's already Sunday.

I've apply the changes has agreed.

This thread could be close if it want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back