• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small note addition to Thor's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
As a third bullet point in his profile

"Note that, like his strength and durability, Thor can limit his speed if he wants to, and it should be reasonable that he's not holding back to scale characters to him. This of course includes the speed of his hammer being thrown."

That's it. I saw this and too many instances of people just thinking that Thor always throws his hammer at his peak speed, or at least at the speed of a certain well known feat the hammer has rather than the peak speed Thor himself has, as if the hammer's own feat allowed scaling to be legit regardless of how they might know Thor holds back.

This is simply a small extra help.

Seems fine. Some characters that scale to Mjolnir’s speed should likely have their speeds adjusted with this in mind.

That's it. I saw this and too many instances of people just thinking that Thor always throws his hammer at his peak speed
Though I wasn’t claiming that Thor is always at 100% here, just noting that a web-show will likely scale a character to Mjolnir’s speed

Yeah that seems fine to add. He does control it's speed at will. I would also like to adjust his speed section tiny bit, ig.

Up to Massively FTL+ with Mjolnir

Seems fine. Some characters that scale to Mjolnir’s speed should likely have their speeds adjusted with this in mind.
Scarlet Witch herself is fine tbh, she wasn't fighting a happy go lucky Thor.

Some characters should most definitely be adjusted, but marvel speeds is insanely bad. So

Well, I think that seems pretty odd with her brother being faster and Thor holding back even when not happy go lucky and saving the Earth, but I'm good with this small addition. Going too much into it I would change a bit where and how we present that characters hold back, but everything in time.
Though I wasn’t claiming that Thor is always at 100% here, just noting that a web-show will likely scale a character to Mjolnir’s speed
I could imagine you meant "by DB's logic", but I can't tell how many people seeing it or those DB blogs would genuinely buy into said logic themselves.

I think scarlet witch being superior to her brother isn't that far fetched. But then again, iirc, she was kinda angry at that time (?). I will recheck.

But her having straight up mftl+ instead of mftl+ at peak is pretty wanked

Also Thor's High 6-C AP should go from this
  • "(Usually operates under a far lower power level in fear of killing his mortal opponents. Comparable to Hulk and the Thing)"
to this
  • "(Usually operates under a far lower power level in fear of killing his mortal opponents. Has repeatedly fought Hulk, Loki and Wrecker, and has contented with the Thing, Dr. Doom, Namor and Super-Skrull)"
Reasons here if it isn't self-explanatory.

Thank you for helping out.

Is it fine if I close this thread then?

@Eficiente @Confluctor @Maverick_Zero_X

I made a small modification in the wording, as the previous version seemed confusing. Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back