• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A pretty small and simple one. Iron Man's Self-Sustenance should be moved to his Mark 50 key, as I don't recall Iron Man having Self-Sustenance in any of his prior suits. The closest I can find is him going to space in the mark 7 but I'm not sure if that counts as we see him lose conscious. And as for why the mark 50 should have it, we see Tony just fine when he's in the suit out of the Earth's atmosphere.

Also I feel like him being able to scan Cap's fighting style should be accounted for and placed in either notable attacks and techniques or information analysis

Last edited:
The self-sustance comes from Tony being able to work underwater with the Mark 6, in his first scene in The Avengers.

Albeit this is more like underwater breathing.

The self-sustance comes from Tony being able to work underwater with the Mark 6, in his first scene in The Avengers.

Albeit this is more like underwater breathing.
I'd say just replace it with Underwater breathing Type 3. The rest, what do you think?

Alright that sounds good this isn't controversial so hopefully it happens soon

He also demonstrates in in the Mk. 6 on the helicarrier, where he’s able to use it to breath in the upper atmosphere, where the air’s thin enough to suffocate.
Also, he only loses consciousness in the Mk. 7 after it loses power, when it would stop circulating air.

Thx. I can try apply the changes tomorrow or will someone else do it for me. I'm on mobile and editing here is terrible

Again, he showed self sustenance on the helicarrier when he was fine outside fixing the rotor despite being in the upper atmosphere where the air was too thin to breathe. The anti feat of him suffocating in space only happened after his equipment shut down, when it would no longer be circulating oxygen.

Sure, this is the scene. Around 1:15 other people start coming out, and they need to where oxygen masks, and around 1:49 we can see their altitude on Tony’s display, which is over 15000 ft, and at other points it’s shown to be over 18000ft. Both of these are after they’d been outside for some time, losing altitude. People fall unconscious due to lack of oxygen around 15000 feet.
For additional context, in this scene at 0:35 they mention that they can’t go outside while they’re in the air, and at 3:12 we see again that people outside need oxygen masks and when the helicarrier is preparing for takeoff, at 1:11 it’s specifically mentioned that it’ll be hard to breathe after they do.

Captain America was fighting at a similar high altitude without a mask, show in a link above, which seems to point the air is just harder to breathe compare to normal people. I don't think such an instance qualified as self-sustenance (Type 1).

I'll do so tomorrow, as I unfortunately don't have access to my computer right now.

I locked the page. Is it fine if I close or there other things to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back