• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Dexter CRT (Mainly About M99)

Dexter has been racking up a hell of a lot of kills recently on VS Battles Wiki, mainly due to his broken ass syringes of M99. Now, I'm not here to try and remove any of those matches or anything (one of them will be removed by the end of this though), but I'm here to introduce a slight change to M99 because I don't think we should treat it like the real life thing.

So first off, M99 irl doesn't work as fast as it does in the show. There was actually a study conducted by the University of California, San Diego testing this, and they found that if you were to inject a non-toxic amount of Etorphine into someone, it could take upwards of 30 minutes to actually work. This is mainly because it just doesn't diffuse fast enough to actually knock someone out that quickly, even if you were to give them a non-lethal dose. But point is, in real life, it would take forever for it to actually knock out a human assuming you use little enough to not kill them, while Dexter is knocking them out almost instantly.

To add onto this, the study points out that in order to wake people up from the M99 injection, he would have to give them the antidote for Etorphine, which he never does, they wake up on their own. So that's further proof that Dexter's M99 doesn't work the same as real life M99.

Also, M99 clearly isn't as poisonous in the show as it is irl. People survive multiple injections over and over without ever suffering any ill effects. Now this could mean 1 of 2 things. Either everyone in the verse has extreme resistance to poison or M99 isn't treated as a poison in the verse. I'm willing to go with the latter. People have been killed by poisons before in the show, and M99 is never stated as being a poison or anything dangerous, just a knockout drug for large animals that also works on humans. When in reality, it's straight up just a poison for humans and a knockout agent for large animals.

And considering how Dexter's M99 consistantly doesn't act like real life M99 (Instantly knocks people out, doesn't need an antidote injection in order to wake someone up, ect), I don't think that assuming that it's as poisonous as it is irl is very accurate.

So overall, I think that we should get rid of Dexter's Poison Manipulation with M99 & his Resistance to Poison Manipulation. Dexter's M99 has never shown itself to be toxic, and it very frequently doesn't behave how M99 actually does in the real world. Because of this, I think that those abilities should be removed.

Only 1 match should be removed from Dexter's profile because of this, and that's the Walter White match. In that fight, it was said that Dexter would win because if Walter tried to use a poisonous gas to kill him, Dexter would live due to being immune to the effects of M99. But, since we're removing that resistance with this CRT, that match should be removed from all profiles.

Last edited:
Back