• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small changes in OPM

Last edited:
I think this looks fairly alright.

To make things simple for the scaling chain. All those who scale to Post Superfight Genos should be MHS and all those who scale to Atomic Samurai should be Sub-Rel. I'll help write that full list later probably

I think this looks fairly alright.

To make things simple for the scaling chain. All those who scale to Post Superfight Genos should be MHS and all those who scale to Atomic Samurai should be Sub-Rel. I'll help write that full list later probably
Yup

So, the only one that would climb directly to the Atomic thing is Bang, since Atomic considers it very fast, the one that scales Garou and Bomb, I don't know if I could climb anyone else.

Would TankTop Master scale to Garou at all? He probably shouldn't because he got clapped the moment Garou got serious.

So, the only one that would climb directly to the Atomic thing is Bang, since Atomic considers it very fast, the one that scales Garou and Bomb, I don't know if I could climb anyone else.
Yeah. I believe thats all who scales to Atomic.

I disagree with Bang scaling at all to AS's attack speed without something more to it than a throwaway statement with no source to it.

Oh wait, if we are choosing to scale the AS calc to only his attack speed. Then no one else should scale to Sub Rel.

wait, if we are choosing to scale the AM calc to only his attack speed.
Well yeah. Black Sperm is a prime example of AS's attack speed being incredible but his physical speed being much lower.

In fact has any monster so far actually avoided the Atomic Slash rather than just tank it?

Though I guess if they shuffle around the one AG feat, Abandonment Bang can sorta scale.

These calculations were accepted:
Now we need to scale, I made this sandbox (only sketches, rs)
I don't think anyone should scale to Atomic Samurai since it is his attack speed. Other than that I agree.

Btw why the low end for AS is accepted? You even mentioned that it seems like the sword didn't move. Assuming Haragiri's sword went all way between its previous location and Atomic's neck is lowball for no reason

Last edited:
Oh, because it assumes a baseline multiplier for Monsterization based on a one-off statement made by Phoenix Man who didn't even become a Monster through the Monster Cells.

Possible issue with that multiplier statement since I'm using DeepL and it is not the most accurate.

The Raw:

怪人化した暁には 何度も死線を越えて 成長して貰う事に なるからな

"When you're turned into a monster, you'll have to cross the line of death several times to grow up. "

It lines up with this translation I found.

Possible issue with that multiplier statement since I'm using DeepL and it is not the most accurate.

The Raw:

怪人化した暁には 何度も死線を越えて 成長して貰う事に なるからな

"When you're turned into a monster, you'll have to cross the line of death several times to grow up. "

It lines up with this translation I found.
I think that's an interesting point. If this is the case, then the multipliers as a whole should be discarded

Explain how that AS calc is better than mine
The reason in the previous thread was that MHA recently got a 3x increase based on some powerup assumption and it should be applied to monster cells. Which would effect AS since it would be the mach 1 blade X 3.

Couple of problems with the multiplier...
  1. Monster Cells do not increase strength based on a set multiplier; there is no baseline or a limit. The Monster Cells unleash the true potential of the subject. Haragiri could have experienced a three-times multiplier, he could have experienced a twenty-times multiplier, or he could have experienced a one-point-five-times multiplier. The amount of power he gained from the transformation all depends on the limits of his growth potential.
  2. Phoenix Man, as seen clearly in the official translations and in the raw, was referring to the trials one is required to overcome to become a Monster.

The reason in the previous thread was that MHA recently got a 3x increase based on some powerup assumption and it should be applied to monster cells. Which would effect AS since it would be the mach 1 blade X 3.
In that case, you can multiply my result by 3 and ask me to edit the blog. I have also explained why 1 cm movement (high end) by Haragiri doesn't make sence.

Couple of problems with the multiplier...
  1. Monster Cells do not increase strength based on a set multiplier; there is no baseline or a limit. The Monster Cells unleash the true potential of the subject. Haragiri could have experienced a three-times multiplier, he could have experienced a twenty-times multiplier, or he could have experienced a one-point-five-times multiplier. The amount of power he gained from the transformation all depends on the limits of his growth potential.
  2. Phoenix Man, as seen clearly in the official translations and in the raw, was referring to the trials one is required to overcome to become a Monster.
Agree. Bakuzan would’ve been like 30 times stronger at least if this was the case, but his power boost is probably up there.

Bang could definitely dodge AS attacks. AS looks up and considered bang as stronger than him. So i don't know why it shouldn't be scaled to Bang combat and reaction speed.

When did AS consider Bang stronger? Furthermore, he just says Bang is fast. AS never says Bang is faster than himself.
The only one he acknowledged was the strong one and bang was one of those [1] who's one ranked above than him [2] It's obvious that bang is stronger than him in every aspect, by OPM perspective. The person himself thinks highly of bang despite being an insanely old.

The only one he acknowledged was the strong one and bang was one of those
AS thinkg Bang is strong and Bang scaling ti AS's slashing speed are two different things.
who's one ranked above than him [2]
King is universally considered to be the strongest S-Class and he's only Rank 7. Popularity, merchandise sales, and multiple other factors go into rankings. Not just combat ability. In fact that scan disproves the notion of linear ranks because CE is above Darkshine, Flashy Flash, Pig God, and multiple other S-Class that would body him in a fight.

In that case, you can multiply my result by 3 and ask me to edit the blog
I didn't even really want to use it in the first place. But yeah I think your one but updated would be better to use.

AS thinkg Bang is strong and Bang scaling ti AS's slashing speed are two different things.
He won't acknowledge bang as one of the strong one if he couldn't even make AS sweat nor react and dodges to his causal sub-rel attacks. like how flashy flash and sonic views saitama as a strong one 'cause he could react to their speed and attack.

King is universally considered to be the strongest S-Class and he's only Rank 7. Popularity, merchandise sales, and multiple other factors go into rankings. Not just combat ability. In fact that scan disproves the notion of linear ranks because CE is above Darkshine, Flashy Flash, Pig God, and multiple other S-Class that would body him in a fight.
That's a different thing. The person himself probably already experience bang skills. The fact he thinks highly of bang and thinking Saitama and Genos could toe to toe with his disciples 'cause they were taught by bang.

He won't acknowledge bang as one of the strong one if he couldn't even make AS sweat nor react and dodges to his causal sub-rel attacks
He never fought King until after the MA but considered him strong and acknowledged his position. You don't need to spar with AS for him to consider you worthy. It's just a baseless scaling assumption.

Back