• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Chainsaw Man scaling revision

I was checking Makima and Denji's (his Chainsaw Devil key) profiles and their rating really bothers me, they are rated as City Block level from upscaling from the bat devil feat, when they should really just scale to the Gun Devil.

In Makima's case, the very feat that would put her on that level is already listed in her profile, she damaged the Darkness Devil, now, it's quite clear that the Darkness Devil is stronger than her, but it's also quite clear that the Darkness Devil is literally in a league of his own (the Gun Devil is just "some devil" to it, over which he's literally transcendent) and her even managing to draw blood from the Darkness Devil and knock it to his knees for a few panels should warrant her to AT LEAST scale to the Gun Devil's crater feat if not above it, given how the Gun Devil itself is rated as "AT LEAST 7-C".
There's also the fact that she "killed" the Gun Devil, yes, she used a combination of many devils to do so, but none of them have any scaling that comes even close to Makima herself and the way her power works makes it so they should be weaker than her regardless.

The Chainsaw Devil just clearly scales massively above Makima, who, even when aided by several high tier characters (the hybrids) basically states that she has absolutely no way to beat him in an actual fight, which is why she has to resort to her plan in the first place; even after being severely nerfed, he can easily cut Makima apart and fight on even grounds with her, only losing due to her far superior regen (his regen is deminished to the point where he can't regenerate from gunshot wounds and torn limbs without first drinking blood). There's also the fact that the Darkness Devil went out of his way to ask for Denji's heart, which heavily implies that he sees the Chainsaw Devil as an active threat, which is only possible if the Chainsaw Devil is capable of harming him to a severe degree.

TL;DR: Makima and Denji's Chainsaw Devil key should just scale to the Gun Devil's crater feat

We have not actually evaluated if Gun Devil should even have 7-C or not, considering its AP is dozens of 9-A bullets fired at high speeds.

He has an actual 7-C feat he performs with his body, what do the bullets have to do with it?

Yeah I went over it again. This should be fine. Although Makima would only scale with her blasts. She is physically weaker than Chainsaw Devil, but stronger than Chainsaw Man.

considering its AP is dozens of 9-A bullets fired at high speeds.
I'm late to this but I'm pretty sure that this will still scale him to 7-C.

7-C: Town level​

Characters or objects that can destroy a town, or those who can easily harm characters with town level durability.

Via the tiering description, In that scan the gun devil destroyed something way larger in magnitude that of a Town. So the Gun devil himself will definitely scale to this.

(Even if things have changed in a years worth of time, I wanted to put this out)

We have not actually evaluated if Gun Devil should even have 7-C or not, considering its AP is dozens of 9-A bullets fired at high speeds.
Scaled 7C from the Gun devil
's explosion as it spawns. There was a calculation regarding this. Available on Gun Devil's profile

Back