• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Zoro has "Minor Analytical Prediction." and I'm not too sure why it's written down as minor despite Zoro having several instances of Analytical Prediction.

Removal of Minor and changed into full blown Analytical Prediction

Zoro has displayed several instances of Analytical Prediction within the manga, all of which happen pre time-skip and the evidence is here, I've made an imgur file dump with all of Zoro's Prediction feats but I'll also make this easier by addressing all of them here.

Zoro predicts T-Bone's flying air slash that changes it's trajectory as it's hurling towards Zoro, Zoro predicts the move and yeets T-Bone.

next are gonna be his Prediction feats against Kaku, a Swordsman with abilities and skills Zoro has never seen before. Zoro predicts Kaku's Tempest Kick and swats each one away from him, and we know this is Prediction going by the heavy emphasis of the lines on Zoro's face in the shots as seen whenever Oda has Zoro predicting something. Zoro actually has plenty of feats of Prediction in his fight against Kaku, predicts Kaku's Nose Pistol, and Kaku's barrage of Tempest Kick Shuriken's Zoro also predicts Kaku's Giraffe Blast but fails to respond accordingly to it. Predicts Kaku's Four sword style, a style he's never seen before prior to fighting Kaku and wielded by an opponent with a completely different anatomy from humans. Kaku later shows his own form of Prediction, as he's able to predict Zoro flying at him and responds with Kami-E / Paper Art, Paper Art being the same skill that allows the user to become limp and move like a blade of grass in a wind storm, making them borderline unpredictable. Even with the usage of his Kami-e and his own Prediction Zoro was still able to predict further ahead than Kaku could.

so Zoro's Minor Analytical Prediction should be changed into flat out Analytical Prediction and Kaku should receive it as well for Predicting Zoro's Leopard Spinning Balls.

Okay my opinion on this. A lot of those "predictions" are just him reacting in the moment. Let's take the nose pistol for example. Even eye could predict that based on his stance right before he uses it. Does it mean I have Analytical Prediction? No not really. Same with Kaku saying he is flying he is literally seeing him flying as he says so.

Overall there are a couple showings and statements of minor Analytical but honestly I am not sure the other showings are enough to give someone Analytical.

Okay my opinion on this. A lot of those "predictions" are just him reacting in the moment.
No, the Prediction feats are actually feats of actually Prediction, we know this because of the way Oda draws the lines on Zoro's face when he's predicting, much like how Oda does whenever people are using Haoshosku Haki, Kola and Kenbunshoku. Oda is a very detailed artist and uses heavy emphasis whenever he wants to portray something being used.
Let's take the nose pistol for example. Even eye could predict that based on his stance right before he uses it. Does it mean I have Analytical Prediction? No not really.
The Nose Pistol makes sense but Kaku never saying Zoro's Leopard Flying Balls before and he could tell Zoro was gonna fly at him before he even started. At this point in time Kaku didn't know Zoro could launch himself like that either.
Same with Kaku saying he is flying he is literally seeing him flying as he says so.
Read above.
Overall there are a couple showings and statements of minor Analytical but honestly I am not sure the other showings are enough to give someone Analytical.
I don't see how any of these are minor and the other showings are consistent with Oda's tendency to place heavy emphasis whenever he wants the viewer to know what the characters are doing.

No, the Prediction feats are actually feats of actually Prediction, we know this because of the way Oda draws the lines on Zoro's face when he's predicting
I mean the lines just seem to be the typical "serious face" or "focussed face" lines that he draws in scenes like that. I know Oda is detailed but I would thing it would be a bit more specific.
Kaku never saying Zoro's Leopard Flying Balls before and he could tell Zoro was gonna fly at him before he even started. At this point in time Kaku didn't know Zoro could launch himself like that either.
It looks to me that he is already flying based on the images and Kaku says "he is flying towards me" not "he is going to fly towards me" meaning the action is already happening.
I don't see how any of these are minor and the other showings are consistent with Oda's tendency to place heavy emphasis whenever he wants the viewer to know what the characters are doing.
I mean apart from the ones I have stated above they seem pretty minor to me especially for what the wiki tends to use as Analytical Prediction.

I mean the lines just seem to be the typical "serious face" or "focussed face" lines that he draws in scenes like that. I know Oda is detailed but I would thing it would be a bit more specific.
They aren't, the lines with heavy emphasis are only like that whenever Zoro is using Prediction, this never happens in any of the fights. For instance these are the lines used whenever something serious happens and whenever characters are in anguish he'll add some in the face. These aren't him reacting either as Oda doesn't portray dodging or reacting in such a fashion so that didisqualifies that notion. Oda uses heavy emphasis whenever character are using abilities, such as Busoshoku; Koka, Kenbunshoku dodging, Haoshosku Haki being used, etc.
It looks to me that he is already flying based on the images and Kaku says "he is flying towards me" not "he is going to fly towards me" meaning the action is already happening.
Zoro was running at him and wasn't airborne yet, Zoro can just fly whenever he feels like it he needs to gain momentum before launching himself. Kaku noticed before Zoro launched himself and used Kami-E once Zoro did so.

So the order of events goes like this, Zoro when runs at Kaku, Kaku predicts Zoro flying at him, Kaku uses Kami-E and Zoro predicts his Prediction.
I mean apart from the ones I have stated above they seem pretty minor to me especially for what the wiki tends to use as Analytical Prediction.
That's not true in the slightest, Analytical Prediction varies greatly from fiction to fiction, some is muscle tension based, some is done by reading "moves" or "attacks" ahead (Kengan Ashura characters, such as Kuroki Gensai, Agito Kanoh, Tokita Ohma, etc.), some work via smell, some worth via hearing, etc. Zoro's form of Analytical Prediction falls under the Kengan type of Analytical Prediction where the user reads a certain amount of steps ahead, such as Zoro's usage.

I fail to see how Zoro having several Prediction feats and out predicting Body Control that makes you borderline unpredictable is minor Analytical Prediction. At the bare minimum this would be limited Analytical Prediction such since there's several types of Analytical Prediction such as the aforementioned reading ahead based Prediction i see no reason not to accept Analytical Prediction flat out.

I wont repeat the other stuff I have said else we would be going in circles.
That's not true in the slightest, Analytical Prediction varies greatly from fiction to fiction, some is muscle tension based, some is done by reading "moves" or "attacks" ahead (Kengan Ashura characters, such as Kuroki Gensai, Agito Kanoh, Tokita Ohma, etc.), some work via smell, some worth via hearing, etc. Zoro's form of Analytical Prediction falls under the Kengan type of Analytical Prediction where the user reads a certain amount of steps ahead, such as Zoro's usage.
This isnt what I mean though, I am talking about how ahead he can see to remove the minor as you said near the end, honestly I am not sure about KA's Analytical Prediction so I cant make a comment on them whatsoever. If they do though and it is similar than this I am fine with removing the minor.
out predicting Body Control that makes you borderline unpredictable
I mean it is a technique to make you move sort of like paper, I am not sure you can call it making the person borderline unpredictable. Also to be capable of beating such a thing Analytical Prediction is not needed, good reactions work just as well. I think that is my main issue here I see most of these as Zoro having good reactions over analytical prediction.

I wont repeat the other stuff I have said else we would be going in circles.

This isnt what I mean though, I am talking about how ahead he can see to remove the minor as you said near the end, honestly I am not sure about KA's Analytical Prediction so I cant make a comment on them whatsoever. If they do though and it is similar than this I am fine with removing the minor.
How far can Zoro read ahead? Well he was able to predict T-Bone's flying air slash that changed direction 3 times so that's a starter. 3+ moves with his first usage, he also predicted the trajectory of each of Kaku's Tempest Kick Shuriken's and there was about 10. To further elaborate upon The Kengan Ashura stuff, the form of Analytical Prediction they use is called "Motionless" Or "Pre Initiative", where the characters predict upcoming moves in advance, they have it and it's almost exactly how Zoro's works.
I mean it is a technique to make you move sort of like paper, I am not sure you can call it making the person borderline unpredictable.
The technique is similar to Luffy's Gum Gum no Boh, it basically makes the user go limp and allows them to move in odd and unnatural patterns, Kami-E allows the user to move like a blade of grass caught in the wind allowing for extreme flexibility.
Also to be capable of beating such a thing Analytical Prediction is not needed, good reactions work just as well.
I don't think you can naturally counter being basically unpredictable with just enhanced senses. Especially whenever Kami-E are tricked those with crazy good reactions such as Luffy when he fought Blueno.
I think that is my main issue here I see most of these as Zoro having good reactions over analytical prediction.
Oda doesn't draw characters reacting to attacks like that tho, whenever Oda is trying fights and the character is reacting he'll either use a kanji or a background with lines in it.

Bump.

This is also the first case I've seen of "Minor Analytical Prediction", hell characters like Deku have Analytical Prediction without it being limited.

Personally, most of those look like reactions and ability to stuff Zoro sees of perceives, and I need more than the interpretation of some lines drawn on Zoro's face.

Him predicting T-Bone and readin Kaku's moves is good, though.

Personally, most of those look like reactions and ability to stuff Zoro sees of perceives, and I need more than the interpretation of some lines drawn on Zoro's face.
Oda doesn't draw characters reacting in such a way, he uses the lines whenever Prediction is done as seen with Zoro, Kata, etc. Oda draws lines whenever a character is predicting, reactions are typically drawn with lines in the background.
Him predicting T-Bone and readin Kaku's moves is good, though.

I'm still uneasy with that, as we are interpreting something. Your version makes sense, but we can't be sure, so I'm against using it.

They can still be used as supportive though, he did it once against Kaku and the others are the rest of the fight.

And the first two scans are already good enough, so the power itself is fine.

I'm still uneasy with that, as we are interpreting something. Your version makes sense, but we can't be sure, so I'm against using it.
This isn't as much of me using my own interpretation as it is me just using the way Oda draws. In his fights whenever characters react we see a zoom of their face and lines panning in around them. With Prediction Oda draws lines of the characters face with heavy emphasis but I suppose that's fair.
They can still be used as supportive though, he did it once against Kaku and the others are the rest of the fight.
The rest are indeed support, but they should still be feats of Prediction given the fact that's how the author portrays character predicting.
And the first two scans are already good enough, so the power itself is fine.
Fair.

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

Okay. I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back