• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Ichigo Hax Addition

Doesn't seem to be of much use. If it was, I'm pretty sure he would've used the Konso on some hollows to help them pass on.

Theglassman12 said:
Doesn't seem to be of much use. If it was, I'm pretty sure he would've used the Konso on some hollows to help them pass on.
Hollows can't pass on in that way. They need to be cleanse of all sin by a zanpakutou.

Naruto has been able to grab and hold his own soul, I doubt he will be remove and souls in Naruto can still use jutsus like Kid Obito and Tsunade's lover.

When has Naruto shown to grab his own soul? And im talking about when Naruto's soul is completely separated from his body. Via Kisuke's technique he'd make Naruto's soul a normal Konpaku who cant use any of his jutsu or abilities and since he's not a soul reaper that would mean something even more. If Kisuke can just destroy his chain of fate then Naruto would pretty much lose right there, right?

Also no. IDK what jutsu kid obito had but Tsunade's lover's ghost transformation jutsu is something only he can do. Naruto cant use it at all period.

Hollows can't pass on in that way. They need to be cleanse of all sin by a zanpakutou.

They never said that they can't use a Konso against hollows, they just prefer using their swords to let them pass on.

Naruto can grab and touch his soul, http://i10.**********.com/naruto/551/naruto-2574833.jpg

When it comes to fights is an equal verse universe, Obito as a soul could use Kamui (a jutsu) to travel between the afterlife and earth.

Dan Kato was able to performed an unique jutsu and fly while in soul form. Naruto can't do this jutsu, however, the point is that they can still perform jutsus even as souls.

http://i5.**********.com/naruto/591/naruto-3407763.jpg

Another example the second hokage claims to be able to use a jutsu even if he can only move his soul, http://i.imgur.com/A44VeYx.png

AppleLord said:
What scene was that with Naruto in it? And to be fair he said it "resembles a soul". Regardless I dont think it matches what im saying. Even if Naruto can pull his soul back in, thats only when he is connected to his body and not fully removed. What happens if Kisuke removes it completely and then destroys his Chain of Fate? Naruto would no longer be able to return to his body and the broken chain would eventually make him a hollow. And there's also no evidence that Naruto can use his jutsu while in soul form. He's not something like a Soul Reaper. Not even Dan showed using jutsu in soul form.

I know the jutsu can be performed im just saying Naruto can't use it.

Highly certain Tobirama was talking about his edo body moving, not his soul. It would make sense since the black rods were restricting his reanimated body. Unless the rods can restrict souls now...

Kabuto pretty much confirms that it's his soul. Is the rinnegan ability after all. Which is alot stronger than the glove or Urahara's sword. I doubt he will be pull out completly.

He won't return to his body, but he will still be able to fight. We have enough evidence of different shinobi using jutsus in soul form. Even Itachi regain new sharingans after he left the edo tensei. Same with Obito regaining his sharingan after Madara stole them.

To turn into a hollow will take a lot of time if Naruto doesn't posses the chain of fate which is Bleach exclusively. Even if he had it on his chest, it will take hours before it even begins to occur.

An edo is not a soul. But a physical body. Pretty sure he said soul. "Now"? Sounds like that wasn't there, instead of "is my first time seen it"

Maybe but Urahara has shown to be able to completely remove a person's Konpaku from their bodies, leaving only the chain of fate connecting them. Hax like his sword and the rinnegan shouldnt be based off of power since its well, hax. So there's no telling which is "stronger". We'd have to go by which is more effective. Also unless im missing something, going by Verse Equalization would give every combatants soul a chain of fate due to equalizing both verses. So unless the opponent having a soul removed doesnt effect or bother them, they should be limited to this.

IIRC, Itachi was in his edo form. You're probably refering to when he broke the reanimation jutsu entirely. Even though he did, he was still walking around in a physical body of his own accord. As for obito, he was a soul when Madara took his sharingan? Even if we took this at face value, it wouldnt mean Naruto specifically has that kind of skill only they do. Otherwise someone needs to make a CRT about this.

Yes but he would eventually still become one which would result in him losing as he clearly wouldnt keep his jutsu in hollow form. He'd just be a normal corrupted soul. And not really the process can be sped up by tampering with it. He can just use his sword and forge the hole in Naruto's Konpaku just like Don Kanoji did during his show. Besides, Ichigo during his training turned into a hollow rather faster than normal too.

Right but it might be hyperbole. If an edo could move as a soul then what would be the point in making animated bodies for them to be in? If anything it would make them much more effective as souls instead of physical zombies who can be fought against.

Very different hax, but it works on how it was shown.

Itachi when he was leaving the edo in soul form. You can make the CRT if you want. I'll support it.

Many has show to keep, use and regain their jutsus as souls. Naruto is no exception.

Becoming a Hollows takes a long time, enough for him to finish the fight. That is true, but Naruto won't allow it.

You misunderstood the phrase. He refer to it as moving his own soul inside his edo body. Remember when Madara was turn into a soul when the Edo's were release, he was able to make a jutsu and brake free as well.

This is turning into a Naruto vs Bleach thread, please, anything else related to it make it about Bleach. Anything related to Naruto can be discuss later on a different thread.

AppleLord said:
Well unless we go by resistance, in terms of soul removal I guess Urahara's sword and the Rinnegan's Soul Steal is around the same level.

How is being in edo form mean he is a soul? And nah you can. You might word it better since you first thought of it. I'll come and bring more input for it though.

What would Naruto be able to do? Even if we agree'd on a ninja being able to use Jutsu while as a soul, it doesnt mean Naruto can. He can resist having his soul removed but that's a different matter. If his soul was completely removed from his body he likely wouldnt be capable of using his jutsu. And if Urahara destroys the chain of fate, Naruto would be permanently disconnected. It may take a bit for him to become a hollow but in that worse case scenerio, Urahara can just Konso him and let the SS deal with him. Also if Naruto isnt a good example anymore, we can always choose someone else to better explain my proposal, like.....Sakura?

Oh I understand what you mean.

Fair point. alright so lets not use Naruto but you see my point right? In a more in-general basis if Urahara was to remove someones soul and destroy their chain of fate that would end the fight right there right? And im talking those who cant resist or ignore it I mean.

There are some erroneous arguments here and there, but I'm not gonna talk about it. Maybe in another thread.

About the point at hand, sounds good so far.

Alright so back on topic. So we agree to give the following:

-Give Urahara Soul Removal hax via his sword

-Every Soul Reaper Portal Creation via Senkaimon

- (I dont know if this was denied but...) Every Soul Reaper the ability to BFR souls via Konso

Is any/all of this right/wrong?

@Kukui

1) Fine, but it should be noted that he has yet to be seen using this in direct combat while in character.

2) It should be specified that it's not exactly combat applicable and it only goes to the realms noted above.

3) Only on the dead.

Reppuzan said:
@Kukui
1) Fine, but it should be noted that he has yet to be seen using this in direct combat while in character.

2) It should be specified that it's not exactly combat applicable and it only goes to the realms noted above.

3) Only on the dead.
Got it. Tho wouldnt using the Senkaimon be a way to escape danger like Kamui?

@ProfessorKukui

From what I've seen in the anime, it takes a significant amount of time to open as well as wait for a Hell Butterfly in order to pass through. So it wouldn't really be all that combat applicable, since no one has used a Senkaimon to dodge attacks and return to the battlefield to the best of my knowledge.

Good point. Tho to be fair it doesnt really take that long, like a few seconds at the most. Renji opened it up just by sticking his sword into it. But yea I agree it wouldnt really be useful for combat.

Other than that, I understand for everything else.

Now Urahara we have figured out but as for BFRing the dead and Portal Creation via Senkaimon....are all Soul Reapers here on the wikia getting those or just specific ones?

These should be available to all Shinigami since it's how they do their jobs.

However, it should also be noted that Konso doesn't work on beings of significant power, as it's impossible to use it on a Hollow or an Arrancar.

I agree on the Arrancar but wasnt it mentioned above that Soul Reapers prefer to clense the hollow via Zanpakto instead of Konso?

EDIT: Actually wait I just realized. Since Arrancar have Soul Reaper powers anyway wouldnt they be kinda immune to Konso? Given that Konso sends them to the SS, with Soul Reaper powers already they wouldve probably no selled it and became threats to the residents of the SS there too, right?

@ProfessorKukui

Not a single Arrancar has been purified by a Zanpakuto, regardless of their power or form. Whenever they were slashed or cut or had their mask split, they weren't purified like regular Hollows and simply died instead of begin sent to Soul Society or Hell. I don't believe they're susceptible to Konso at all. Of course, this could just be author oversight given the genre shift that the Soul Society Arc brought, but the fact that these Hollows have never been purified or sent to Soul Society is pretty notable.

I thought that when the Zanpakto purifies them they get sent to the SS due to Soul Reapers being also called Balancers? If they were destroyed then wouldnt that just upset the balance of the human world and SS? That was the main reason why the Quincy were exterminated because they completely destroyed hollows, not cleanse them.

Hollows get purify when they are killed by the slash of the zanpakuto and are immediately send to SS cleanse of all Sin committed as a Hollow. What @Reppuzan said is what Quincy's do and that's the whole point of the balance of souls. You're confusing two races abilities.

@AppleLord

Name one case of an Arrancar being cleansed and purified. All of the Arrancar simply died when they were slashed. They weren't sent to Soul Society at all.

@AppleLord

Those are standard Hollows. I'm talking about Arrancar.

Even on the Bleach wiki, they were described as having died rather than being purified, which implies some limit on what the Zanpakuto can do.

Arrancars are multiple Hollows fused which were once multiple Human souls. It most be a misinterpretation on the wiki or a plot hole on the story. If they die they will go to Soul Society, otherwise there would be a statement of removing them from existence like Quincy's do, and unbalance of souls would had been form during Aizen's war and the worlds would had begin to collapse. Nothing like that happen or mention, therefore all you have is an assumption.

@AppleLord

All I have is a repeated pattern of Arrancar dying and not being purified or being subject to a Soul Burial like Pluses. It's hardly an assumption when not a single Arrancar has been seen purified and all of them have simply died the way Shinigami do.

The first sentence is unnecessary, since Hollows and Pluses don't use the same burial method. That would imply that not a single hollow has been cleanse either, my answered remains the same. You will have to prove that an Arrancar is no longer classify as a Hollow or a Quincy is not a Human like Fullbringers.

Honestly it's barely worth adding but I guess you could add it, even though it's never used in combat,even against humans.

Repp may be right about the soul removal having limits, however it's limits could also be due to the strength of the opponents soul, which, out of verse other people probably won't have.. however their soul resistance comes from reiatsu/reiryoku which gets opens the question of how that works with powers equalised in versus threads...*throws hands up*

Honestly, when in doubt i'd just go with the safe option and say no to it working on stronger beings

LordAizenSama said:
I dont think strength really matters when it comes to the Soul Removal. Urahara clearly did not have as much Spirit Energy as Ichigo and he could easily remove his soul from his body. Hell Rukia could use her glove to forcfully remove his soul when she didnt even have powers. I think it might depend on how good someones soul resistance is. Of course the hax has limits but in terms of how strong the soul is, I do not think that matters much.

Also due to Verse Equalization every combatant's Soul should be in no doubt similar to that of a human in bleaches, such as having a Chain of Fate. So unless the hax doesnt effect or bother someone it should still work on them.

Back