• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slapping Low 2-C on 10-Bs: Yume Nikki edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
It's that time of the year again, ladies and gentleladies.

So High 2-A/Low 1-C didn't happen because we're obviously not prepared to handle Matrix-like characters having feats involving the "real world". But we still gotta deal with the fact that dream layers are a thing.

So for Madotsuki and Urotsuki, their "real world" key should get Immortality Type 9 and Low 2-C via Waking Up for the same reasons as their lower keys. No 2-C because the real world is just a normal universe, no many worlds nonsense. This is basically the same as Poniko's novel incarnation.

For Madotsuki, this comes from Dream Diary, where Madotsuki wakes up from her "death" at the end of the first game into a more real real world. This is further reinforced due to the Jellyfish's achievement referencing Dream Layers.

For Urotsuki, it comes from Ending 1. Urotsuki simply wakes up from the "real world" into a dark void of voidness, and then wakes up again into a truly real world.

Uro would gain more keys for this, but Madotsuki will keep her regular keys.

As a result of this, the Jellyfish and the Rotten Eggs will gain Type 8, since they're back at being just dreams.

Aren't the "dream worlds" also in the fake "real worlds", so the true wake-up destroys a universe that contains multiple other universes inside? Would that make it 2-C rather than Low 2-C?

The Dream Worlds are "lower" though. They're actual dreams, not fictionland dream realms. The only one that'd fit that would be Answered Prayers, but that game doesn't even have dreams and waking up and shit so rip.

Seems pretty fine, but for Urotsuki to get 4 keys seems pretty excessive, especially when her World of Nothing "real world" is so barren and she can't even walk around in it...

As for the Jellyfish and Rotten Eggs, whilst I find the fact Madotsuki can't dream back her appartment from YN, and thus can't bring back that exact dream world consistently like she could in YN, I guess they could technically be allowed to get Type 8 since we might as well assume they'd still be the same inividuals should they be in another dream, right?

Well I could reduce it a bit. But 4 10-B keys is absurd and I like it like that.

They did come back though. The Jellies are all over Dream Diary's world. Plus it's a characteristics all other dream beings posseses, so.

Aight last bump

If nothing happens I'll just proceed with the upgrades, because screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back