• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skulduggery Pleasant vs Chosen Undead

Hmmmmmm

Vile's shadow powers are kinda ridiculous. There's a 100 ways he could kill the CU without CU ever getting close. And if he does get close, Vile shadow walks or flies away.

On the other hand, light was used against (an admittedly much much weaker version of) Necromancy, so it's entirely possible that lightning spells could momentarily dispel individual shadow attacks. I don't know if we can consider Dark Sorceries the same as necromancy (despite their similar looks they do have different principles), but if we do, the silver present could also give CU a few moments f rest from the onslaught of shadows.

As for the death bubble... Idk. Vile's was theoretically going to kill half the planet at once, but I'm pretty sure max level CU had way more than 3,000,000,000 souls. So... Dunno how useful it would be. Maybe Vile could theoretically absorb the CU's souls, 3,000,000,000 at a time, which might weaken CU and strengthen Vile...

honestly, I'm inclined to say inconclusive, leaning towards Vile. Vile will never get tired and will literally rip CU to shreds with his shadows, and can just shadow walk or fly away to dodge or if he wants to make distance, but with CU's resurrection he'll never get put down for good.

This is basically Saber vs Ghost Rider, one COMPLETELY rips apart the other, but the other can't die.

Inconclusive

The chosen undead is lucky he has type 6 immortality and ressurection, otherwise death manipulation would have killed him long ago.

Inconclusive for reasons above.

Might come back to wank CU a bit, but I think Monarch's reasoning is solid that I cant dispute it.

Monarch Laciel said:
Since when does Vile have death manip?
I think you misread. He has resistance to death manipulation.

I need a new brain

He is still super lucky to have type 6 immortality and ressurection

Vile used to have death manipulation, but then I came along and said, "no, that's clearly soul manipulation"

And yes. Yes he is

Monarch Laciel said:
Vile used to have death manipulation, but then I came along and said, "no, that's clearly soul manipulation"
And yes. Yes he is
I want to turn that top part into a meme.

But yeah, back to thread.

I never thought I would see the day where someone with half a page of text would get inconclusive with someone with.. well, less then half a page of text.

KinkiestSins said:
I never thought I would see the day where someone with half a page of text would get inconclusive with someone with.. well, less then half a page of text.
Doomsday VS SCP-682

EDIT: Although now that match has been removed, thanks to 682's recent upgrades...

Oh, wait. I never voted.

Inconclusive. Like what was said earlier, it really does look like Lord Vile destroys, but the Chosen Undead can't be permanently killed by anything LV is flinging around here. Basically just an endless cycle of Vile beating the shit out of the poor Undead until the former eventually says "****, this is getting boring." and proceeds to go back to doing something productive with himself.

(Or at least that's what I assume he'll do. I don't know the character well enough to say for certain whether or not "endless killing of one guy" is his kind of entertainment or not...)

I mean, do we consider "turning into a mindless hollow" a loss for the CU?

Because that might happen after Vile kills him enough (like, many thousand times). Or he homeward bones back to Lordran and BFRs himself

Monarch Laciel said:
I mean, do we consider "turning into a mindless hollow" a loss for the CU?
Because that might happen after Vile kills him enough (like, many thousand times). Or he homeward bones back to Lordran and BFRs himself
until an undead has a objective and enought will power to procede, they won't hollow, chosen undead has both. but anyways couldn't lord vile get exausted (after killing the CH for like 1 million times) ?

Vile is tireless.

There's a quote that I can't find where Val and Skulduggery are running through a passage a few metres wide that is opening ahead of them while simultaneously closing behind them, which is basically "Valkyrie was jealous of him. He had no lungs to breathe, no muscles to feel burning". He can keep going as long as he needs.

And if CU dies a million times, pretty sure that willpower is going to be worn away.

Back