• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's hardly countered, Poseidon has enhanced senses along with his own form of AP and it almost got him, matter of fact Sasaki's upgraded variant destroyed him.

The Prince of Counters said:
That's hardly countered, Poseidon has enhanced senses along with his own form of AP and it almost got him, matter of fact Sasaki's upgraded variant destroyed him.
To find out if Sasaki can outskill Hayato with Tsubame, we should probably compare Poseidon's senses and skill to Hayato's

Tell me when poseidon can sense things and counter instinctively.

Also the more you bring up tsubame gaeshi the smaller the speed difference becomes.

And hayato is massively more skilled than poseidon. On top of having abilities like afterimage creation (not with speed), clone creation (I think, it was too weird when it was used) or even straight up incap by screaming. He can also sense ki

Eh, average ppl in kenichi can see people and read lips from mountains away. So there's not much comparison there.

With that in mind, I'm more inclined to give this clash to Hayato's defense as opposed to Kojiro's Gaeshi, but I will reserve judgement until the point is completely argued

Considering Silkwat was completely ahead in that fight all the while, and he only lost because "distraction and letting his guard down" (which is utter bullshit), yes, saying he's on his level is pretty bullshit. I doubt you are reading anything I am saying if that's what you think I am saying though. Hayato being willing to save him had nothing to do with the power difference, which was my point.

Completely acting like context isn't a thing isn't an argument. She was holding them back, not trying to win, and she used a skill specifically effective against groups with weapons. What kind of stupid logic is "this person scales entirely to this feat only achievable with this sole ability special made for this scenario"? This kind of dumb stuff is exactly why I don't like this sort of debating, so I am honestly leaving this here. I really don't care for this enough right now.

Poseidon sensed an actively hiding Hermes, the Olympic God of Thieves, his stealth Mastery is even better than Jack's and Poseidon picked him out causally. That to me seems better than reading the lips of a mortal from mountains away.

Poseidon sensed an actively hiding Hermes, the Olympic God of Thieves, his stealth Mastery is even better than Jack's and Poseidon picked him out causally. That to me seems better than reading the lips of a mortal from mountains away.
Seriously... that compared to dudes who can sense sound with accuracy thi fight relying on it.

Can sense people's presences, their fighting capability, killing intent, old wounds and more just by standing there even when those people actively try to hide all those things.

Are you seriously debating poseidon has better feats for picking up a spy when hayato figures out the identity of masked ninjas casually. Just no. Especially with seikuken around which reacts to everything in your range.

Not to mention that that kind of sensing feat is not even applicable in combat let alone against tsubame gaeshi.

@sir

Oh so silkwat losing is bullshit, which is what I've been saying. And no he didn't lose because of that, he lost cus he couldn't guess right akiras attack. No dude, but you missed my point if beating kensei was a gamble why would hayato send kenichi to train with him?

Yes, in terms of skill shigure is basically composite all of them. She achieved a mastery of each of their weapons higher than the mastery they had, becoming 1 with all of their weapons at once.

@Earl

Again, it seems like you aren't familiar with who Hermes is, he's the God of Thieves, his skill in stealth is unrivaled in Shuumatsu. Also none of that is impressive, hell that's something even someone like Zoro can do with his Kenbunshoku Haki. Characters being able to sense the presence of others, killing intent and such is nothing new, plenty of characters can do that so if you wanna attempt to write that off as impressive you'll have to do better.

So, it seems we are still debating Sasaki's attack vs Hayato's defense. I will alert everyone in this thread that @Earl may become unavailable soon, so I wouldn't expect replies from him all night. Is there anyone else that can help with Hayato's defense in the meantime?

@Prince

Show me how good this guy's hiding is that. Slapping the word God on him doesn't suddenly make it more impressive and as I said. That feat is not applicable against tsubame gaeshi. It's sensing people not attacks from your blind spot. I can give more feats for his senses once I get back from uni. Until then give something for Hermes other than contextless and featless "god".

If nobody has a counterpoint to this^, the point will go to Hayato giving him the lead and we can discuss the next feat

Why mention Tsubame Gaeshi again? It already got countered.

As for Tiger Claw...he reverses his grip, what's so impressive about that?

Firephoenixearl said:
Why mention Tsubame Gaeshi again? It already got countered.
As for Tiger Claw...he reverses his grip, what's so impressive about that?
What I'm asking isn't about if the move will work on Hayato, what I'm asking is whether or not Hayato has the skill to effectively transfer what he's learned from animals into a human martial art. Both the Tsubame and the Tiger Claw were able to catch a massively faster opponent off-guard, speaking volumes from their potency

Well Hayato, can't, but he stomps people who can.

And a reverse grip and a strike using a lot of power aren't anything too impressive to have learned from animals. If he can't come up with stuff like those on his own i'll be pretty amazed.

Mantra's genetic level fear ability

The boar and snake stance which are incredibly fierce rushdown abilities.

The Stooping Bird Hind Brain Lightning Strike which is usually 1 shot due to the nature of hitting to the back of the neck. Kenichi being the very first dude to not get toppled after it (because lol stone wall).

The dragon style Kung Fu.

It's actually 4 years and 9 months, which is almost 5 years. But

It took Kenichi Shirahama less than a year i believe, to go from actual 0 (a bullied kid), to not only the strongest disciple, but likely master class. (basically the run of the entire show)

Firephoenixearl said:
It's actually 4 years and 9 months, which is almost 5 years. But
It took Kenichi Shirahama less than a year i believe, to go from actual 0 (a bullied kid), to not only the strongest disciple, but likely master class. (basically the run of the entire show)
I'd say that's... considerably more impressive... any rebuttals?

Could we postpone this for a later date? I've been doing a lot of the debating for Sasaki and to be frank it's getting tiring, a writer's block if you will.
Sure. Know the feel.

These non-combat skill debates are actually quite interesting, I might make one not even because of the list but just for fun.

Back